Wednesday 26th June 2013

Morning

Todays lyrics: 'Made a meal and threw it up on Sunday I've.'

Yesterdays lyrics: ZZ Top and Sharp Dressed Man.

Cracking sunny start to the day up here.

What:4.6 M Steadily done. Okay run.

Why:That's me another year older today. The clue is in my miles for today. Okay so I added a wee loop to make it a bit extra from 4.5M. Sad git I acceptimage

Coffee calling and catch up time

Back later

Comments

• Happy Birthday birkmyre!

What:              threshold turbo/maybe a short, easy run
    Why:               busy day
    Last hard:       16/6
    Last rest:         27/4

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Happy birthday Birks!

What: something gentle this pm, or rest
    Why: legs a little tender but may get the chance to do something before I see QofP this evening

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Many happy returns Birks, catching up with me, albeit for a couple of months!
    Wabo - glad you survived, was there something on at Manston then?
    Ale - good news, and good luck with QoP
    Blisters - no, Tuesday is speedwork day..
    What - nothing
    Why - 20x150s last night, all run at steady pace ahead of Saturday, plus seeing 6th form college tonight ahead of eldest leaving school next year
    last rest - today
    last hard - keeping a lid on it yesterday
    no to the words too

• Happy Birthday Birks, no idea on today's lyrics.

The one advantage of staying away in a hotel is that there are no chores or self appointed Dad-Supervisors.

6+ miles done and I feel great!

• Morning again

Cheers, still sunnyimage.Mrs B taking me out to lunch.

• Todays words are relevant too - sounds my pleadings to Ms PM when I've done no wrong in my eyes!!

Rang the fella with strong fingers for an appointment next week - he is training for an Ironman distance Tri - his brick session last Saturday - 100 miles cycled follow by 14 miles ran - LMH - will you be doing a few of these!!??

Anyway 3 k swam with 10 x 160m. Kept up with the 13 year old for a few lengths!!

Will run  a bit later.

Yer still a few years behind me Birks!

• Nothing so extreme for me Paddy.

Enjoy your birthday lunch birks.

Glad you got some me time Blisters.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Good news from yesterday Ale
    Happy birthday Birks image

What: Altstadtlauf (5.3 km race round the town)
    Why: it's on, and it'd be rude not to join in
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: Last Thursday (I didn't count last night's core as rest, it was hard!)

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Happy birthday, birks image

Good luck racing, emzap

what: 7 easy-ish miles plus some drills
    why: drills are good for you apparently
    last hard: those drills
    last rest: if core work counts then last rest was Thursday; otherwise Monday
    lyrics: no clue today

• Happy birthday BM
    ... starting school this year? image

What: rest
    Why: on call
    Last hard: Hoy
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

forgot to say: great news from the doc yesterday, ale  image

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

birkmyre happy birthday and you are not old or sad - Or a git!

EMZAP HAVE A GOOD RACE! oh why did I shout..

paddy bet his fingers are even stronger..

blisters glad you are feeling great!

dustin yes an airshow at manston and they haven't had one for 20 years so I guess they didn't quite get how that A299 couldn't cope with the traffic! 

I do feel I know these lyrics because a song has come straight into my head

what: bridges race later

why: tradition

last hard: cycle home last night although it was amazing!

last easy: Monday

have a good day

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Thanks for all the kind thoughts! Had an email fron Clink as she had noticed my news on yesterday's thread.

What: 15 mins gentle
    Why: ankles both stiff and tender...good job I am off to the QofP shortly.

Hope tonight's racers go well!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Overtaken by events so just the turbo for me today.

• HELP

IT Depatrtment, (evening crew)

I've just got a new laptop and the font on everything is microscopic.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Happy Birthday Birkmyre!  I know the lyrics today - good choice!

Not ran yet....don't know if I'm going to make it out!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

so...Altstadt Lauf completed.

Started 20 mins late as we had to wait for the previous run to finish.  Was penned in for this time, so unable to warm up again after my initial warm up, so jumped up and down a bit in the crowd.  Race was 3 laps of the town with the start and finish 150m off the "main route".  Quarter of the lap was slightly downhill, half flat and quarter uphill.  I had a goal time of 26 mins in mind, so I'd need to do the fastest 5km I'd done for about a year and trying to keep under 4:55 min/km. 

Started off on the downhill stretch and was running quite easily.  My car share partner for work ran up behind me and said hello, but I was going faster than him so pulled away again.  Looked at watch, 4:15, ok must slow down.  Finished 1st km, 4:25ish...ok going strong. Then hit the uphill.  I was expecting to rise above 5 min/km here as it was steepish, but I was still well below, pushed on through.  At about half way, someone says my name.  I looked over, no idea who it is, but say hi anyway.  Turns out she's the girlfriend of the guy who I drive to work with.  Was overtaking her, so carried on, wasn't sure of the ettiqutte here though!  Was flagging here, finding 4:45 hard to stick with, but the knowledge that my lift share guy had said that morning that his girlfriend was "really fast" and that I was in front of her, spurred me on!  Got to 4km and saw that if I kept the pace, I'd run a 5 km pb (though the race was 5.3km, so not an official one).  The last 150m was up a hill, but I sprinted as fast as I could and overtook 8 people on the way up (with a race against a teenager).  Reached the end in 24:04 min official time(5km pb is 23:50).  So unbeliveably happy.  Haven't run that fast since a parkrun last May image  Celebrating with hot chocolate and sleep, up early tomorrow!

• Blisters
    On PCs
    1. Control Panel - Display - then select preferred font size
    or
    2. you can change default font just for your internet browser
    Firefox: Tools - Options - Content
    IE: View - Text Size
    3. Change the screen resolution although this usually results in a fuzzy screen

Ended up going to the chlorinated pool with no sky again with Elspeth
    (but got bored after short while! image)

• OH, Thanks, I think I've managed it. Certainly RW is much improved.

Emz, what a great run, you must have been on fire to deliver that performance!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Nice one Emz! Find an accurate 5k soonest!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

well raced emzap!!

• Had a productive IT session today having been pointed to

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/website-bugs/cant-post-from-htc-desire-s/250111.html
    which solved my issue of posting to RW forums using mobile
    This involves setting Editor to "basic" on RW "my forum".

Down sideimage: Smilies need to be entered manually and it is per user so I need to reset forum settings to "Advanced WYSIWYG" if I wish to use enhanced features on toolbar (smilies, links, quotes etc).
    However I'm usually not far from a connected desktop PC except when away from home, so I can cope with this.

• AH - good news yesterdayimageimage

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Thanks OH. Can't cope with your previous post though!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Well done emzap.  Managed a wee 3 mile run with the dug!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

well done Emzap image

I was racing too tonight... Lakeside 5k - 18:40 on the watch, very happy as all 3 miles were under 6mm (5:53, 5:57 and 5:56, then 53 secs for the last .15m as was a bit long)image 2nd fastest time of the year so far. (40th overall and 4th V40)

• That's quick RFJ. But you know that.