Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Great news DLR. Onwards and upwards.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Seems odd to DNF on Sunday then be capable of 14k yesterday DLR? Do take it easy and don't push it too hard.

Good run TD, you seem to be in decent physical shape.

My hip is on the blink again- seeing a guy on Friday- he mentioned trigger points so perhaps he is going to put me down image

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Hayfever....Gaaaaah, I can't open my left eye today.  image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

((Yer_maj)) I really feel your pain. I suffered with it yesterday.

I don't want to boast but... I'm going to the UK today!!! image imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

ATM/Simon - I'll certianly be around for the Loch Lomond tri, so happy to support.

Simon - Don't worry, the swim route doesn't take you far from the shore. I won't need a bpat, just a big stick!

DLR - Glad to here you're back out running.

yer_maj - Sorry to hear about your hay fever, so glad I don't suffer from that.

Well I was up before KOC this morning to do a demo to a client on the other side of the planet. Had almost no sleep and coffee isn't waking me up. Today is going to be a long long day at work.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Ok, Eggy. So, on to youtube and learn the Beyonce dance to ' Single Ladies', yeah? I'll bring the pom-poms.  If we're going to support, let's support!

* Relax, Simon.we won't give you a showing-up...*image

It's back to November, here...BUT, 'got nice email from a woman I met on the 'plane to Paris in March. And she's booked a hotel for the 2014 mara' weekend.And she's reading the Notes...It's great, reliving the ' Could I? No, I couldn't/Well,maybe I could...' stage with someone else. I'm sure she'll be on the Start image

• Interesting. Physio reckons I'm slightly damaged but fixable. Cross training only for the next week, sent away with strengthening exercises, and most unexpectedly, an acupuncture session this morning. Needles in the trigger points image. Now my leg hurts, but in a different way, and I feel like a pincushion. But it's definitely done something.

• The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

RR - ouch! hope it picks up soon

DLR - well done for getting back on the horse. You needed to put Trainersgate behind you and getting out there quickly and having a couple of good workouts was the best fix. At this stage you can revise your target times for now and just focus on quality training so you can run Berlin well. You'll know in a month or 6 weeks if you need to revise it to to a little bit quicker. Better to run Berlin than to push it too hard in training and then not run Berlin at all. By dropping time goal expectations a little bit for now - say 10% should ease the pressure on the training sessions. You really don't want to have a DNF in Berlin. One has to be quite brave to DNF like you did the other day, but it doesn't do much for morale, so thankfully Shrewsbury can be put down to experience. Thats the benefit of these warm up races to gain valuable experience.  Better to DNF there than in Berlin image - bell/text ya later mate!

Emmy - are you in London at any point in the next couple of days?

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Howdy Jimbob - Nope. Heading straight from Dover to Dorset and back again. I'll be 'going country'

• I tried to swim today. My freestyle sucks. I  have a year to improve . The problem is I can't swim with my head under water. The water gets to my nose. DV you're a good swimmer. Any advice?

• I don't like swimming with me head in the water either.....but I may need to learn! image Maybe that will be my next challenge!!!

RR - That sounds sooooore.image

TJB - plz update your pic!! image

YM - Hoepfully the hayfever settles quickly.

Emmy - What race is is this weekend?!?! 

ok Kaz - for you .....

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Kaz - I hate swimming with my head in the water. I really struggle.

This weekend it's the Giantshead Marathon in Dorset. There's cider, a hogroast afterwards and a 'love' station at 20 miles where non runners can support/heckle the runners. There's been over 400 cakes made for the day and it'll be a real love in with some other people from RW/Fetch/Enigma/100 marathon club.

Most of us are camping and we're heading to Dover tonight, crashing with a friend and then moving down to Dorset tomorrow.

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Maybe I'm odd, but I've always swam with my head under water. I also bilateral breath naturally too! I've never had a fear of water, so swimming never held any fears for me. Probably helped that I could swim from a very young age.

ATM - Me and dancing of any sort is not something that tends to happen. Pretty sure there are international laws against that sort of thing.

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Really happy to hear your news DLR

• RR, DLR  - sounds promising.

MM, Iain - how you two faring?

• Haha TJBimage

Bilataral breathing??? We were never taken swimming as kidz, but both mine have been able to swim since very young although Naomi hates it with a passion and Alannah loves it. 

• Sounds like all that went had a smashing time in Shrewsbury, running or non running related!

Great work everyone else smashing out runs, PBs and smashing training & vaccum goals. Hope the ill and injured enjoy their time on the bench and feel better soon.

I just wanted to share great news, I ran this week! It was sen-fn-sational along the river at lunch in my Paris shirt & the sunshine (oh yeah, its winter!). Can't have been any more than 5km, but only the second 5km since I've been home with these shitty feet. And I turned into a proper rational human for the rest of the arvo too!

Fark, running's awesome!!

Thank you, that is all image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Well done jus_t!!

• Congrats DLR: that's ace news.

RR glad you're getting the right treatment. 

Been an utterly miserable few days for me. I haven't been this unwell in a long time. My body is definitely fighting an infection as I'm incredibly weak, sore all over and have had some raging temperatures. Antibiotics seem to be working slowly. 

I've barely been able to leave bed - pain in my lower back on each side and on the right hand side of my stomach have seen me doubled over. I dragged myself out to the nearby shop for some supplies earlier. I know I need to eat but there is very little that doesn't make me feel nauseated at the moment. That little walk of 200m was pretty tiring and resulted in a 2 hour sleep!

I'm looking forward to seeing the doctor tomorrow morning. 

imageouch get well soon little Maus

statistics - just looked at endomondo - the phone running app i use (as well as my garminconnect) - bloody 'ell - in 242 days (8 months) i have amassed 1037.94 miles (1670.40km) in 120 runs equating to 8.64 miles every other day at 8mins15secs per mile!

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

He's one step away from graphs image

Then it'll be classed as terminal...

if you insist .....

/members/images/157400/Gallery/graph.jpg

• you need a good spreadsheet jimbob - you are one degree of separation from geekdomimage

SR got one of those as well image

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Game Over for Jimbob image

• Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

RR, DLR  - sounds promising.

MM, Iain - how you two faring?

MM - you need rest and fluids +++; if nauseated, forget food for a day or two. hope you're better tomorrow.

Weedy - struggling. 11 days, no running - back out tomorrow morning I hope. Worried now muchly re: ITLR. How you doing?

Cracking episode of How I met your Mother!

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Okay, all the tops are sorted except for...drumroll...EGGY?!?!?!  Address and acknowledgement please on FB!  I shall begin stalking within the next 24 hrs if you don't raise your head.  I know people up your way...