Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

oh and: Maus - Boo (look after yerself), TJB - YAY (spreadsheet graph freak), Iain - Boo (get those shoes on), Jus T - YAY (on ya mate), Kaz - bubbles (seriously, get used to blowing bubbles and breathing while stationary, then add movement), Emmy - BONKERS (cider? hogroast? love station? if I wasn't already booked up), RR - OUCH (stu swears by the pins), ATM - THE Draaaaama (it's like ross and rachel but...running), OO - Boo (is it blinking or winking?) and finally YM - boo (stop sucking juniper trees!)...now breathe, there were notes involved in that sorry if I missed anyone...oh...EGGGGGGYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Not running - but brilliant night in the pub with thw Irish drivers entertaining us with singing.  Loved it.

• Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

RR, DLR  - sounds promising.

MM, Iain - how you two faring?

MM - you need rest and fluids +++; if nauseated, forget food for a day or two. hope you're better tomorrow.

Weedy - struggling. 11 days, no running - back out tomorrow morning I hope. Worried now muchly re: ITLR. How you doing?

It's Friday tomorrow. Neither of you are allowed to be ill on Friday - I forbid it.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Well whaddaya know...Weedy's got his Strict on....

• The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Yermaj, cherub green lighted that Sunday after LSR bbq thing so I will get my finger out and create some kind of event on bcrc

• I'm worried now.

I don't think I understood anything TJB's just said...image

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Off to Chester Races tonight. Any tips will be more than welcome.

• Iain - me neither. TJB's BCRC LSR BBQ. Looks like an Enigma code. Or a gene sequence.

MM, RR, Iain - updates please.

Jus T - great news on the run.

Danni - you doing any videos from the trip?

• James B 73 wrote (see)

Off to Chester Races tonight. Any tips will be more than welcome.

"Don't gamble: it's a foolish way to reduce your financial assets"

That's my tip James. Oh, and maybe take an umbrella? image

• James B - wrap an elastic band around the top of a jar to give more grip if you're having trouble unscrewing it. Don't barbecue sausages whilst naked. Wear old socks on your hands to keep warm at the start of a marathon, then throw them away when you warm up.

Or were you looking for more specific tips?

Weedy - cross training at the moment, was steaming away in the gym  this morning. Also doing strengthening exercises for the calves, which involve hanging foot off a step. As I live in a flat that means using the stairs, so my neighbours now think I'm a weirdo image.

• Every time I come on to this forum I read back and end up ridiculously bewildered. I'm taking RS's comments above as a summary of actual facts.

RR I do all my post run stretching in the stairwell of my flat. I'm pretty sure my neighbours knew I was a weirdo before they saw me doing that though.

Poor MM, hope you're feeling better.

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I'm waiting for the yellow snow tip......

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

6:15  Dancing Sal

TJB suggested to put a monkey on it but I think a jockey would be better.

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Heading home from hols today image

but straight into Berlin training. 

Only run once in th past 2 weeks but walked my little legs off - even got a blister, which I've never had running. Cotton socks, damn them. 

Great time, here in the states. Now to crack Berlin!

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Orbutt - Have a safe trip home.

MM - Sorry to hear you're unwell. Take care and get well soon.

ATM/HS/Other tartan mafia members - Are you interested in the Cumbrae 10 mile race? It's in early September, quick trip over on the ferry from Largs. Not sure if there will be cakes at the finish, but there is always the possibility of ice cream at Nardinis on the way home!

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

You have to be nice to mice, saw a story about a mouse who burnt a house down.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4593682.stm

there was also a story about a Marathon Mouse but it had it's jeans altered. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3592976.stm

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Yes, Eggy. I've entered and will ask AMT to come, too. *What about opening an ' Event' in fb?* Even I can get there by public transport on a sunday.Race starts at 2pm. 

Anyone fancy a trip(right) up North? Accommodation, no problem. If the weather is good, the views will be fantastic, the course is flat and you'll be transported back to about 1955.... If the weather's bad....errr...image, it'll be bracing! And you'll be at the seaside...

Orbutt, where are the photos?

• Count me in for cumbrae too. The number of day trips I've had there makes it almost a second home, it's something of an institution in my family. It his would be the first time I've run round though, I always thought it was a legal requirement to hire a bike and cycle round (then eat ice cream Sundays in the Ritz of course). 

And for anyone else who's considering it, there's a big rock on the beach painted to look like a crocodile - how could you not want to go?!!

• I've used up all my 'get oot o jail free' cards for the forseeable, so no races for me!image

• PC91:image Maybe there's hope for me and Douglas Maus yet!

So test results are in. I have a kidney infection that was resistant to the first course of antibiotics I took. Have a new course of antibiotics and some stronger painkillers.

Have slept pretty much the entire day today. My organism decided it wanted flat lemonade and chocolate milk a couple of hours ago. Staggered like a drunk across the road to the convenience store for said items and resumed my convalescence.

I've never been in this much pain, or this unwell, for such a long period, and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. I'm really hoping to see some improvement overnight, otherwise, I'll consider heading to the hospital tomorrow.

Scotch folk, that race looks nice but I'm racing that day in London with racing buddy Joe.. Runtothebeat. That 10 mile looks nice and £10 entry is a bargain. My race is 49 bloomin' notes!

• Oh Maus, that sounds terrible. Are you on your own? I hope you are a bit better by tomorrow.

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Weedy - yes I am doing a video.  Will post some on return as internet access is too limited on my travels.  Also making a DVD of the trip (in 3D).

Maus, that sounds well grim, feel better soon m'lovely xox

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Maus - tell your organism that if it doesn't sort itself out sharpish, I'll come over and give it a talking to.  That should sort it.

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Maus - sorry about the illness - hope you feel better soon

• Thanks everyone. It's been a bit of a challenge being on my own, but I've managed. Probably best nobody sees me in this state. image

My colleagues offered help if I needed it, but I'm a stubborn moo and hate asking for help!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

• Ow MM, that sounds rotten. Although the fact that you're craving chocolate milk might be a sign that you're starting to get better. 

The Cumbrae race sounds great, but it's just before Ladybower, unfortunately. I can vouch for the rock that looks like a crocodile too image.

PC91 - I love that mouse story (well, I would, wouldn't I?). Although I notice it's a few years old - they may have bred legions of marathon-running mice by now image.

• Thanks RR: I figured if chocolate milk is good enough for pre-marathon nutrition it's good enough for illness recovery.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Make sure you turn yourself regularly in case of bedsores image