Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

MM - have you tried banana milk? Works for me. Get well soon.

• Options

Hope Your feeling a bit better  this morning MM. ((hugs)).

I'm going to a wedding today...and its torrential rain......not good  for my New  cream suede shoes! image

• Options

Good luck to Emmy doing Giantshead marathon this morning. PB please image

Sounds grim MM. Hope you're right soon.

PC - that's an ace story

Danni - 3D?!

• Options

Dammit, one minute past KOC

• Options

HAHAHA Weedy, KOC was 4am............I was just back from a nice 2 hour run!!! image

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Frustration! Wanted to go out and parkrun but life isn't letting me and the animal inside must stay caged! Fxxxxxk!

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Aww,JB..It's annoying when real life gets in the way of running. If you were here, you could come with me to Tesco...image

kaz, I can see why you're out running at 4. I don't know how you exist on so little sleep but I bet your early morning runs are just fantastic. Take advantage of this lovely light for as long as you can.The ole' six-month-of-winter will be back...

The forum seems a bit weird , these days.I have to get onto the thread by limbo-ing in under ' Latest Posts'.My bookmarks etc are all to pot..I haven't changed anything on my own pc.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5145/5617059832_9d59da6a1f.jpg

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Aww,JB..It's annoying when real life gets in the way of running. If you were here, you could come with me to Tesco...image

kaz, I can see why you're out running at 4. I don't know how you exist on so little sleep but I bet your early morning runs are just fantastic. Take advantage of this lovely light for as long as you can.The ole' six-month-of-winter will be back...

The forum seems a bit weird , these days.I have to get onto the thread by limbo-ing in under ' Latest Posts'.My bookmarks etc are all to pot..I haven't changed anything on my own pc.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5145/5617059832_9d59da6a1f.jpg

image...but we like the lion better..

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/02/38/73/2387368_03ba3d52.jpg

• Options

Love the lion. And my bookmarks have also disappeared, again.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

ATM - Here's one for you.

/members/images/676282/Gallery/Golden_Gate_Run_Small.jpg

Mausy - snuggle up and get well soon

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Fantastic pic Orbutt!

10 miles for me this morning.  Lovely sunshine but still feeling like very hard work.  Out, damnned virus!

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

ooo, that's not the Forth Road Bridge, O, is it? image

Get well soon, all the threaders struck down by lurgy.

• Options
    ATM wrote (see)

ooo, that's not the Forth Road Bridge, O, is it? image

Get well soon, all the threaders struck down by lurgy.

If that's the Forth Road Bridge someone has done some serious photo shopping of that sky.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Rant to follow: Well, I had a shit phucker of a run. First one over half distance for Berlin training and I was looking forward to it and getting to my zen place that happens over the half mark but it was shit.  Felt a bit tired before setting off but thought it'd wear off. It didn't. image pace was shocking, had full stops to recover twice and cut 2kms off it. Grrrrrrr! And now I hsve to go clothes shopping, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Bouncing boys on bikes coverage has helped.image

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Maus - get well soon! Weedy - you thought you could out KOC kaz? It's KOC for a reason. 

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Orbutt - great picture

Weedy - sure, 3D.  Makes for more fun!

• Options

RS - go easy on yourself. It's been a while since you've done bigger mileages. All your body was telling you is that it needs a little more interim runs before you can apply heavier stamina building efforts. There's nothing wrong with you* (*some caveats could be inserted here but I'll be generous and desist)

No sport today. Just route-planning and watching TDF guys falling all over the place. Good session in the gym last night after work though. Plenty of muscle ache today, weirdly, especially in my biceps.

• Options

Just finished a 900M sea swim in 24 minutes. Longest OW swim so far, so pleased with that. 8 mile run planned for tomorrow - my longest run in 2 months...

Watching Wimbledon and Djokovic looks worryingly brilliant.

• Options

Just one of those days RS.  Especially if you felt less than 100% beforehand - could be fatigue, tiredness, virus, one of those days.  You'll be reet.

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

KOC for me, porridge made, its hot out there, got to get it done early

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Cheers td and dlr - yeah maybe do need to step up kms a bit more slowly but think it's more that it was hot, being tired and having a bit of a cold. Oh well  will take a rest day today and see what Monday brings.

Jb - yes, seems like we've got to that time of year where all lsrs have to be at koc image

• Options

very warm today..  image

• Options

Kaz - how did the new cream suede shoes get on? We need to know these things image.

• Options

Cream shoes fine.......very high but also very comfy! Managed to stay upright, dance and walk home so the score highly!! image

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

18 miles done, could have been 20 but decided to bail as Achilles started to feel tight. Planning ice rest and quieter week training wise. It was a great session, the 80s synthy soft rock cheese in my headphones really helped. Pacing was on the quick side of slow for me, 7'37 per mile. glorious day warming up nicely in the capital. 

RS, don't forget you had a decent run in Shrewsbury plus what you managed yesterday so you are getting good form back now. Well done, yesterday was quite warm.

• Options

Nice one Jimbob, Simon.

RR, MM - how's it going?

Danni - you got a 3D camera or do you convert it on computer?

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Today I shall be cross training with tartinpimpernel under the tutelage of an instructor called the boss. What could go wrong? 

• Options

30k for me.  Steady 15k @ 5:18 km, then back at 4:39 km.  Afternoon of athletics to follow.

• Options

RS and TP - I hope there will be dancing in the dark image. Kaz - staying upright, dancing, able to walk home - sounds like the ideal evening image.

Morning of sweaty cross training for me, calf raises and other strengthening exercises. Cautiously optimistic but am under strict instructions from physio not to run until I see him tomorrow.

My afternoon will be filled with bums in Lycra. And I might watch the Tour de France as well.

• Options

I'm alive. Antibiotics finally started working around midday yesterday - not a moment too soon.

But I'm still just absolutely, bone-achingly exhausted.