Saturday 29th June 2012

Morning

Todays lyrics:I have a picture pinned to my wall.

This song was being played in one of our local supermarkets last night.

What:4.5M Steadily off road for me. Okay run.

Why: Up and about, session done

Dry, mild, no wind

Coffee calling and catch up time

Comments

• Morning.

I have the in laws arriving for the weekend and today is MiL's birthday so I'm baking cakes and cooking a specila dinner, tomorrow is Mark's birthday and we're doing a 100 mile sportive then going out for dinner afterwards. In laws leave Monday morning so it's going to be  a busy weekend.

What:                 30 min easy run
    Why:                  hope to be able to fit it in somewhere
    Last hard:          16/6
    Last rest:           27/4

Lyrics - conjured up an image.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH

Sounds a really busy weekend you've got !

We've got friends coming over for lunch today

Happy Birthday tomorrow to Mark

My walls were covered with pics and posters when younger. My mum wasn't chuffed about a certain Madonna 'Like a Virgin' poster circa 1984 or 85 !

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning! 

What: a gentle 20 mins off road

Why: a couple of minor niggles after running on the concrete on Thursday,  or they could still be from driving or QofP.

Lyrics: no

Just about to watch the rugby whilst keeping an eye on the builders.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

What 7 with hilly bits hard
    Why guilt from Thursday
    Lyrics no

100 mile sportive for a birthday celebration? LMH at least you can justify eating vast quanities of Marks birthday cake after.

Averaged 6:44 over 7 miles this morning as I had forgotten to reset my alarm before going to bed last night. Thought that I could use the early start to make up for missing Thursday run. Pushed things as hard as possible picking upa stitch at various points.

• What: eating muscles and chips in The Ceilidh Place, Ullapool ... waiting for ferry.

Why: taking the slow route to Harris HMimage

last hard: 16th

last rest: yesterday
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

OH: muscles!! Carbo-loading on chips I can understand, though! Enjoy tomorrow!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Yesterday's lyrics: Frank Sinatra, the way you look tonight.
    What: 8.4 miles with OH
    Why: it's in the plan
    Last hard: for some reason that was, just never got going
    Last rest: 20th June
    Lyrics: nope

Hope the weekend isn't too stressful LMH
    Good luck tomorrow OH

Have a good one all.

• 54 miles cycled followed by 2 mile run. Running felt good - cycle wasn't up to scratch.

Medium run tomorrow before easy week coming up.

OH enjoy the HM tomorrow

Postie - nice average

Ale - you'll be accused of proper training soon!!

LMH - Eat well after that effort

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hi, 
    good luck tomorrow LmH, and hope the birthday celebrations go well.
    What - my first Ultra
    Why - Marathon came out at ~28miles 
    last hard - today
    last rest - Thursday

Giants Head Marathon, near Dorchester. All off road, loads of hills (~4,500ft climbing, I think) and blisteringly hot. Ran quite steadily, eased off on hills (thats walking), but picked up on the 'undulating' bits. My cheap watch ticked over to 26.2  and we weren't anywhere near the finish turn (I also went past a random '20 mile' marker at 21.1) Last push on the final downhill and as my watch ticked over to 28.05, crossed the line in 4.47
    A quick straw poll of garmin wearers had between 27.8 and 28.3, so somewhere longer than 26.2. Not complaining, brilliant race, stunning views and aid stations amicably staffed and loaded with drinks cake and at mile 21, cider.
    Legs fared reasonably well, no cramps, no tightness, perhaps because I ran it sensibly?
    For comparison, the winner ran it in 3.36ish

BBQ and beer now....

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Well done Dustin image

I just entered the 3 countries marathon...starting to feel it was a mistake already...

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Excellent Dustin, well done

Enjoy Harris HM OH

Just over 13m for me today, with Parkrun in 4th place and a personal course PB at Andover from 19:05 to 18:59, only taken 2 years to get sub 19 there.... only need to knock another minute off to equal my parkrun record at Basingstoke set several years ago.....

Take care

• Wow, some interestingly decent training going on, and some with numbers attached.

A 100 mile bike ride whilst you have visitors? That's impressive.
    A 28 country mile marathon? That's impressive too.
    Paddy's 54 mile and 2 mile brick by comparison is remarkably feeble!
    And RFJ's course PB almost passes into insignificance. Although I'm pretty sure that his lungs were hanging on the pavement.
    This thread will be accused of getting serious again.

Me? Ah.
    Yesterday was a nigh on disaster. Bike broke, but got a mile swum in a local lido.
    Today, chauffeur duties for University visits. This one was rejected. Do I feel as though I had wasted my day? Well, not exactly. This is a key phase of my offspring's lifetime development. Anyway, I did manage to get a few minutes to put some flowers on the grave of my grandparents.

Tomorrow I shall run. And swim.