Sunday 30th June 2013

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning! Just...

Lyrics are in honour of Dustin's marathon. I understand he would have won but the 21 mile check point got in the way. Not the easiest of marathons! It would have been slightly easier in the north-west where cloud prevented my solar panels producing anything at all.

Lyrics: Search high and low
Follow ev'ry by-way
Every path you know

Blisters: I've visited at least 10 unis with my youngsters and quite a few more professionally, so run things past me if you wish!

What:30 plus minutes
Why: in danger of training seriously. Says Paddy.
Just back from daughter's boy friend's father's 60th: discovered that I taught the children of 7 of the people there! So I've come home for a drink!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Meant to say, well done Dustin, and RFJ, also.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning - and a lovely one it is here too.

Great report Dustin - sounds as though you enjoyed it.

Nice parkrun breakthrough RFJ.

Paddy - that's one of the reasons the Indian is booked - not sure I'll feel like cooking for visitors by the time we get home, it's a big increase in distance for me, furthest I've ridden this year is 69 miles and I didn't train to race long last year so I think it must have been 2011 when I last rode 100 miles in one go.

Blisters - it's the visitor's son we're all indulging on his birthday!

Hope you don't have too much of a headache this morning Alehouse.

When is the marathon emzap?

What:                long ride
    Why:                 it's how Mark wants to spend his birthday
    Last hard:         16/6
    Last rest:           27/4

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Yesterdays lyrics: 'Hold me now' by the Thompson Twins

What:Rest Day

Why: I'm still out walking Geordie

Not sure re todays lyrics.

Back later

• Well done's to Dustin and RFJimage

Some good training and racing going on ,

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all, thanks for the well dones after yesterday.
    RFJ - nice work on the 5k
    ale - soon be up to an hour?
    what - very little
    why - juniors meeting all day, in command of 50+ 9 &10 year olds.
    Legs took a battering yesterday, it will be the ears today
    My two competing too, eldest LJ,SP, relay & 300, youngest 1200 & hurdles.
    last rest - from running, today probably
    last hard - yesterday

• what: lazy morning today after travelling to Harris yesterday.

why: Got here at gone 11pm so not feeling too guilty about a lie in this morning.

cool and windy (and boat was a bit bumpy)

brand new school in Tarbert but little else changed since we were last here over a decade ago.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all

What: working and pilates
    Why: presentation needs writing and pilates is on!
    last hard: trying to get the technology to work
    Last rest: 20/06
    Lyrics: yes

Well done RFJ for yesterday.  Yes, lots of good training going on at the moment

LMH it's the 6th October, so still time to train image

Have a good one all.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

What: 40 mins, although had had enough by 14! Mixture of concrete and clay!
    Why: I would like to say that my legs didn't belong...they certainly did! Both calves were tight, ankles stiff and hip sore. Had to stop around half way to stretch (stopped the clock). Not a great run, but got out there and did it. Will be some time, I fear, before I can manage the hour. Struggled on the off-road parts today, and actually ran better during the last concrete mile.

21 degrees when I ran, with a slight breeze.

OH: is it a week's holiday then the half?

NZC: decent parkrun for you, I notice!

• Afternoon

What 21.6 LSR
    Why Sunday morning
    Lyrics no

LMH hope you and Mark enjoy your bike ride. Have you checked that He's packed spare inner tubes?

Still on the slower running which is starting to get irritating now especially as I've not got around to replacing the ear phones for my ipod yet.

Clocked 210 for June my highest ever monthly mileage and I don't feel that I've started serious training for Abo yet.

• Ale ...Progress..............

11 miles run d&d. Training done. Taper, Rest, Recuperation, Readying to do now.

I wonder if LMH has made the century yet??

• Oh, & Blisters, I apologise for the feebleness of my efforts.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Another 2 runs done today (7.25m and 6m) all getting ready for Thunder Run 24 hour relay (mixed team of 5) where we should each cover a minimum of 6 laps (each lap is  6.1m)

227 miles for me this month, happy with that

Good progress indeed Ale

Nice 11 Paddy

Good long Run Postie

Take care

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

well run RFJ, Postie & Paddy
    LmH hopefully refuelling now...

No running but plenty of running about at juniors athletics all day. I'm now a little pink!

• LOL Paddy, I have this feeling that your are banking it!

Ale, good progress there. Keep on keeping on. Large D is the sort of person who will flourish at Uni. She just needs to find the right place and the right course. We've visited two and deleted one of those.
    RFJ, that's a tidy months work.
    Postie, that was an interesting choice of distance 21.6 miles. Very interesting. I recall that it must be a regular route of yours.

For me, unusually I took today for a long run. 21.7 miles, taken very steadily. The legs felt like lead from the start. There was complete grey cloud cover to begin with, then it all peeled away and the last 2 hours plus were in warm sunshine. A minor detour to a shop to buy additional fluid probably added 0.1 miles to my usual distance. Although the pace was slow, I didn't crash, despite the 3 hill finish. Total time 3h15m. Then straight into a cold bath.

Swim training tonight (1 hour), and there were several good points to pick up.
    1-I finished the allocated set.
    2-I was just about on pace with the regular Lane 4 lady, which means....
    3-I've speeded up.
    4-There was a new person who was slower than me.