2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Nice stats Stewart and well done getting out when you did not feel like it, that takes a lot!

Fab mileage AGF! image Not so sure about my 50 mile weeks being in PB territory! The autumn marathon is just for fun but hopefully some of the benefits will carry to VLM14. image

Teknik/Jason sounds like more sleep is the way forward. 5-6 hours last night and felt it on tonight's run.

OH I certainly hope it is! A bit breezy tonight and I'm just rubbish running into the wind. image Still looking forward to the day out! image

10 miles tonight with 6 around MP (those miles av 7:20mm) overall av 7:29mm. Happy with that given how breezy it is. image

I hope NP has not been moving tons of concrete again today!!

F

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

Lol Fiona yep after taking another couple of tons to the tip I got a 10 ton skip delivered all I have to do now is fill it upimage feeling a little bit better today will run a short tempo run tomorrow and concrete breaking if weather permits.

Fiona great running 10 with. 6 at MP well impressedimage

Jason great double mate.

OH great days running sir.

HM4 well done for getting out.

Jim nice bike ride love the speed.

Teknik nice running, the OHhas now come down with the coldimage

AGF great weeks running enjoy your second run of the day.

Sc well. Done on the long run.

• AGF great mileage this week and a nice swift run earlier

Stewart good weeks work for you

Tek glad to hear your feeling a bit better

Jason superb month for you last month, nice run earlier

Fiona good 10 this evening with a quick pace for the 6

5 m tempo at 7.22 av which is a mini pb for me over my canal course image

, couldnt get to the gym to stretch and do some strength work as it was closed due to a Woman being stabbed in the car park repeatedly , god there are some low lifes in this country!!
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

MG,

That's awful.

-----------

Well done on everyone's training.  Back to work for me today - a nice late start, it's a shame that it means a late finish, however not working this weekend so a nice short week again.

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

IJ LoL...nice bikingimage

HM well done on the easy 4.35m

OH well done on the hilly 12.6m

Jason great news on the blingimage and nice double recovery yesterday

Fiona great pace on that 10 miler !

NP glad you're felling a little better - hope the tempo goes ok

MG nice tempo run - shocking news though

---

13.1m for me this morning, mostly sub70% max but a few blips uphill.  MP run tomorrow...

• Tek - Nice 13 today, enjoy the MP run tomorrow.

MG - That's terrible stuff. Good running though.

NP - Hope your feeling better.

Fiona - Good running yesterday, very nice paceimage

Jason - Good running, and good to hear that you'll get your bling eventuallyimage

OH - Sounds like a tough route you ran yesterday

AGF - Great total for last week!image

Stewart - Good long run, and nice number for the monthimage Building up nicely for Loch Ness.

-----------------

4.6 miles @ 9:30 ave for me today. Legs felt like lead. Something fast tomorrow.

• Tek 13.1 training run ?infectious OCDimage

NP you will do well if you ever get sentenced to hard labour!image

MG1 sounds grim

Teashop 2 teashop today

Short walk to Eilean Glas lighthouse to justify first.

Leisurely pool swim to justify 2nd! New pool is quite nice, FionaC (and, dare I say it, preferable to swimming outside today)

weather wet and windy
  • Tek another good run for you this morning, have a good one tomorrow

SM6 hope the legs feel better in the morning, but at least you got out there

OH like the two visits to the tea shop, sure the swimming help compensate image

Hour gym session tonight, all open again, had my new Brooks Ghost 6 delivered today, really looking forward to breaking them in ! Look great and feel really light, never worn anything but Brooks for while now.
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Tek

Thanks & well done to you.

--------

Well done on everyone's training.

• rolling hills tonight with the club - my usual running buddies set off without me as I needed to pee and it took 3/4 mile to catch them! they then didn't even keep up with me so I ended up pushing the pace for the whole run. 10k in 59 mins - the fastest I've ever done those hills! scary considering I've done sub 46 mins on the flat!

hopefully LSR tomorrow, 9 at marathon pace on Thursday and 6 steady on Friday. Yeah, right!

Happy midweek, folks!

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

NP I hope you held back on the concrete breaking! image

MG1 scary stuff and it's not even dark nights! Nice tempo running and well done on the gym work.

Teknik nice long run. Nice number too!

Stuart good day for a shorter run.

OH the forecast is pretty dire for the weekend. Bad enough on the run but not looking forward to the ferry. At least I'll be easy to recognise, I'll be as green as a frog. image

Nice way to get revenge on them IJ! image

8 miles with the group tonight with 2 minute efforts on the way back. Good fun.

MG1 I bought Brooks Puredrift shoes at the weekend. Very light!! Paid £30 as they were down to £50 and I had a voucher from the Skye half. They have pink laces. image

F

• macemace ✭✭✭

Nice laces Fiona image

MG that's horrible image Last week a local boy of 13 went up on the roof of a derelict flour mill down the road from me. He was fetching his ball and ended up falling through the roof. Sadly he passed away a couple of days later image My boys aren't much younger and it makes you think.

Well all the great training from you lot is making me feel a bit guilty at the moment. Had a couple of near CNBA misses last week , struggled on the weekend long run, and this morning the CNBA fairy finally got me. I think I need a couple of days off.

• plan a couple of days off and it doesn't count as CBA, mace, so you're okay... sometimes we're a bit keen to overdo it!

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Stuart nice easy 4.6m - hope the legs are better today

OH LOL. image  Sounds like you're enjoying your week away, despite the weather.image

MG well done on the gym work.  I've converted to Brooks Ghost 5 for the last few months, so I'd be interested to hear how you find the new ones.

IJ nice hill running.  Hope the LSR goes ok today.

Fiona good run with the group last night. image mmm pink lacesimage

mace - I agree with IJ imageimage

---

MaraHR run today.  I messed up the Garmin reset after the warm-up, but after tidying up the data, I averaged 8:02mm for 7m with the HR levelling out below 80%max - 3 seconds improvement and about 4 beats lower.image

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done on everyone's training.

• HI guys, on my phone so hard to reply to all.

all is well but using time working away to get some miles in.  A few doubles sees me at 39 miles for the last 3 days... Now I need food image

• No teashops today

knackered - day on Harris hills - Clisham horseshoe (not many paths up there!)

FionaC - if it's that bad there may be a few other green bods!

Reminds me of the Shipping Forecasts story of the North Utsierra football team who won all their home games!

good training Tek and Stuart
  • AGF - Good running for the last few daysimage

Tek - That's a good run today, things are moving the right way!

Mace - A couple of CBA days are needed now and then. image

Fiona - That looks a nice speedy session last night, well done.image

------------

Seem to have hurt my back at work last nightimage Probably ok to run, but decided to leave it tonight and watched the end of the tennis insteadimage. I think that's 2 weeks in a row my 2 rest days have been used by Wednesday...

• lovely 10.3 this evening, though it was rather humid, my hayfever was screaming and my left hip and glutes not entirely happy either! did 10 mins stretches in the gym afterwards so it should be not so bad in the morning.

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

mace agree with others, sounds like you need a few days rest to come back stronger.

Teknik nice improvement there.image

AGF that's a lot of miles and a decent mileage IJ.

OH I used to be out in boats a lot when scuba diving so I hope I'm still ok but it's been a while! The 2 guys I'm heading across with have cooked breakfasts on the boat. image 

Stuart, sensible move. I should have done the same. After the 10m with MP Monday and fast bits last night I felt like I could not move and HR was too high on my 'easy' 6m. image

F

• StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

MG, shocking! it is hard to believe

Fiona, nice to get some new trainers, sounds like you had a good js run last night, I hope the easy 6 loosened you up a little

Mace, having a day off is a good thing you be the fresher for it

IJ, nice 10 hope the stretching has done the job

Tek, a speedy MP run, looking good

AGF, a good three days worth of training, 

OH, Sounds like you're enjoying your trip to Harris

SM, hope the back is better and the rest has done it some good

---------------------------------------------

JS run last night took the 5 mile group, manage to throw in a couple of hills into the run brole it up quite nicely

LT run tonight 9 miles in total with a 2 mile warm up and cool down, first three miles of the LT section into a stiff breeze

Stats

Tues: 5.59mi, 59:13, @ 10:36mm, 145(77%)

Wed: 5mi 41:54, @ 8:22mm, 164(86%)

• Tek nice run at marathon pace, plus a tiny improvement

AGF great mileage in 3 days, well done

IJ as you say nice 10 miler image

Stewart C good runs the last couple of days

Double runs today a 6 m first thing followed by 7 m this evening , tried my new Ghost 6 , have to say i am very impressed, very light and good support, the best Ghost version by a long way, hope so at the price !image
  • TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

HM thanksimage

AGF nice block of running over the last 3 days

OH thanks, and well done on the hill walks

Stuart ouch, hope the back feels a little better today

IJ nice 10 miler. I'm suffering with the hay fever too.  Hope your glutes / hip feel easier this morning.

Fiona nice easy 6m - a good night's sleep hopefully will fix itimage

Stewart well done on the JS run and nice pace for yesterday's tempoimage

MG nice double.image  I'm jealous of the new Ghosts now, having stocked upon the 5's.  As for the MP improvementimage, I'll take the 3 seconds a weekimage - with 16 weeks to go that puts me in GFA territory !imageimage

---

Pumped up after this morning's LSR - 17.5m, av. HR 72% of max., drift manageable, and only blipped over 75% in the last mile or so - av. pace was 8:49mmimage

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

A very good couple of runs there Stewart.

Good news on the shoes MG1, I might take a look at them. Also a very impressive double!

Also impressive LSR for a weekday Teknik!

Sore throat today and feeling off colour. Decided I'll rest tonight as no point doing another sub standard run and feeling bad. Hope the rest fixes it! image Got a whole new range of blisters last night. My orthotics are 6 years old and done every run so time for a new pair.

F

• still tight-ish hips and glutes today, but only walking round work; I've got 90 mins between work and the club run so hope to get to the gym (upstairs, between work and carpark!).

• 17 on a Thursday morning, Teknik? wow! great running!

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

(((Stuart)))

Hope that eases soon.

Tek,

Fingers crossed for a GFA.

(((Fiona)))

Hope that doesn't turn into a cold.  I think when I had nhs orthotics I was told to get them checked every 2 years.

------------

Well done on everyone's training.  I managed to get out for 2.45 miles after work today.

• HM - Well done on the run

Fiona - Sounds like a good idea to have the night off!

Tek - That's a great run this morningimage

MG - Good work on the double run!

Stewart - Couple of good runs there

IJ - Nice 10 yesterday

----------

6.3 very windy miles for me tonight. Should have been a faster run, but decided I'll just tear round parkrun on Saturday for my dose of speed this week.

• 20 mins stretching in the gym then 9 miles XC with the club. Lovely!

• Tek your 17.5 looks good to me, nice one, bought the brooks direct from there website so paid the full price, maybe when there avaialble through other shops online the will price will drop

Fiona hope the throat is better, nice to have that rest day

Stuart well doen on the 6.3 , hope the park run goes well.

1 hr of bootcamp tonight in the park with 7 others which was tough but good, then 1 hr with the trainer in the gym so knackered now, rest tomorrow maybe then Lr on saturday morning image