Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Also re EHIC - they do expire, so even if you have one, make sure it's still valid.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

well, the best part of my day was my run into work.  Bless the run!

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

RS - I disagree. YOU are the best part of your day image

• Hellllllloooooooooo!!!!

Maus - Glad your feeling a bit better, take it easy now.

and YM - take it easy until you've recovered properly.................now I know you lot are saying pot and kettle etc, but I have learnt the hard way! Older, wiser.........etc etc!!

TD - Luckily that image amused me too!!image 

Well my planned day went totally to pot when I was called into work.image Started off well with strength training followed by 5k at 15.5km/h on treddie - It was hard going after 40mins of weights,  but I did it!! image Now TD you can give me your advice on it plz? Called into work, then had other duties and another job to do and then weather  turned absolute shit! But on a good note I got a huge delivery today - TRX, medicine balls, kettlebells, another swiss  ball, mats, and a huge trapaulin(don't ask!!). Things are coming together!! image

• Just had a heads up that registration for Paris will be 16 September.  Mark your diaries now!

• Duly noted, TP, thanks!

TD - I generally prefer my screeches at 4am to be ones of pleasure, but perhaps my running goals would be reached sooner were somebody to take a firmer hand with me.

I shall consider your application in detail and advise further in due course.

• And Kaz....G'wawn. Tell us what the tarpaulin is for?

• Maus. I suggest you knuckle down and just do what Kaz does. Let me know if you have any energy left after that.

Kaz. You've got very fast all of a sudden. 15.5kmh is hard to hold for 5k. Wow. image

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I'm in my happy place after a dose of Idris Elba image

• Kaz - you didn't get a spade along with the tarpaulin as well? image

Orbutt wrote (see)

Maus -

1. What the English would say "That article is accurate in a couple of ways"

2. What we mean "Spot on"

3. What others think we mean "Wildly innaccurate"

Of course it can also be twisted against us

1. "Maus - you'll be back running like the wind very soon"

2. "Maus - you'll be back running like the wind very soon"

3. "You're just saying that to be nice"

So, to avoid any confusion I will engage the English-Australian translator.

HTFU and get your lazy ar5e out thereimage

1. "I hope she realises I'm Joking"

2. "I was joking"

3. "He means it"

2, 2 and 2. I think. Just hope you're not running with the wind.

• TD - It is on the treddie, and I just don't think I pushed myself hard enough before!!!

Trapaulin is for those that don't do as asked or start winging!image

• Orbutt wrote (see)
    Marathon Maus wrote (see)

One for the girls: Net-a-Porter is having a sale and they have 3 styles of Shock Absorber sports bras for 18 pounds or less.

Never mind the girls, after 2 weeks of cake, ice-cream and beer I need one myself.

Maus, you will run again and you will be fab.

Garmin Connect question:

When I look at my laps data I have columns of data that are of no interest at all but they clog the screen meaning I have to scroll and search for the info I want.

I'm sure i edited it previously so the redundant columns were removed but it doesn't seem to be like that now and I can't seem to rediscover how to edit the settings for this.

Any ideas?

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

DLR - on my Windows machine, if I hover my mouse over a Column title (like "Start") then a drop-down arrow will appear at the right hand edge of that column.

Click that arrow and it will give you the option "Columns".

Click this and you will see the list of all of the column names with tick boxes next to them.

De-select any columns that you don't want. Unfortunately, these have to be done one at a time but you'll get there.

• Kaz - remember, a good friend is someone who offers  to help you move. A really good friend is someone who offers to help you move a body.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Running Rodent wrote (see)

Kaz - remember, a good friend is someone who offers  to help you move. A really good friend is someone who offers to help you move a body.

a best friend knows where all the bodies are.image

• The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

'allo peeps (and 'allo nutty birds Kaz and Emmy)

am relieved to get through this morning's 9 mile tempo burn into the office. After the longy on Sunday i had a soreness n the lower calf/achilles area and i was Panickin Skywalker about the dreaded tendon. With a couple of days of ice and rest (and an extra day off running-seemed like an age!) i woke this morning feeling like i could give it a go and it went ok. I woundn;t be so naive to think i'm out of the woods yet so will be treading carefully for a while. Keeping the mileage down this week. I wonder if the Shrewsbury hills uncovered my weakness in the achilles area or whether i just went at it a bit to hard the week after shrewsbury causing my ongoing calf niggles to play up.

Anyway it's a reminder to all to pay heed to the body and rest, injuries are grim - mentally they sap the life out of you! What Eggy was saying yesterday about going long and training for marathons while managing niggling injuries is not much fun, and hard to get motivated - i hear ya Egg

• Hey you.........nowt nutty here!!image

I cut my 10 miles short at 9.5 this morning. Legs were carrying a lot of tiredness after yesterdays session, and then being called into work. image No risks being taken here either!

• imageimageimage

And she's back in the game. Physio let me run for 35 minutes on the treadmill and nothing went ping!

• 15k more for me today, this time in wonderful rain image

• Determined to be fitter  for ITLR than the training monster that is Dr. Iain Moore image

Running Rodent wrote (see)

imageimageimage

And she's back in the game. Physio let me run for 35 minutes on the treadmill and nothing went ping!

RESULT!

• Great news RR.

I ran my first race in a long, long time. Only 3K but it really hurt. Pleased with my time - only 2.5% slower than my best, despite low mileage since Paris.

• TD - you're going to achieve that aim! 

Glad things going better. 

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I don't want to be all gloating.... but I ran 5 tempo miles this morning and it was so beautiful that I didnt want to come back inside. Beautiful weather, beautiful run through the local countryside.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

RR, Emmy, MacPerks - all good image

RR - take the sedan chair on ITLR just in case of unexpected Pingage....

• Sedan chair? No one said I'd have to help carry a sedan chair 1,250km. With a person sat in it too image

Oooh, missed parcel note. Stool incoming? Watch this space...

Berlin charity places ..... (they'll be snapped up - be quick)

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_involved/running/berlin_marathon

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Weedy, I'm sure that you and the "Mrs" could do a half Emmython carrying a sedan chair.

Think of it as metaphor as to how lovely ladies are bundled into vehicles and taken from one place to another by strange people image

• Half an Emmython? HALF? We don't get out of bed for less than 26.2 miles image

Missed parcel was a false alarm. No stool. No parcel even. Maybe the postmaster was feeling lonely and wanted someone to talk to.