Friday 5th July 2013

Well I'm running down the road trying to loosen my load
I've got seven women on my mind.
Four that want to own me, two that want to stone me
One says she's a friend of mine.

OK

So tonight was supposed to be early bed.
It's going to be early rise, whatever.
2 hour each way commute, for a morning's work. A brief interlude for BBQ shopping, then dentist mid afternoon.

Imagination necessary for the training slot. Enjoy Friday y'all. I always do.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Born in the USA by The Boss.

Sounds like a busy one Blisters - hope you find your slot.

That's lots of acing Wabo - you must be enjoying it.

Good to see Pammie back.

What:            long ride/short run brick
    Why:             making the most of a lack of work
    Last hard:     30/6
    Last rest:      27/4

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

What: Hill Session

Why: Slept in yesterday and usually do it on a Thursday

Off to Scarborough for a holiday tomorrow with Mrs B

Back later to catch up

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all,
    Blisters - you were up early ! hope you get time for that run though
    Birks - don't forget your bucket and spade, going to be a hot few days. Enjoy.
    Wabo - hope you hit the 8m/m
    Pammie - thanks
    LmH - no specific target as yet but have trail run in August with few club boys, and our local half in October. May do an autumn marathon too.September is busy though: club champs & final track meet (juniors), road relays & swimming champs. Thats 4 weekends accounted for....
    what - 4 or 5 lunchtime
    why - ticking over.
    Didn't run yesterday (aside from easy jogging with the U11s). Had them in the sandpits rather than running as the runways were free. Makes a change to get them trying some jumping, just a good job we have two runways at each end!
    last rest - yesterday
    last hard - saturday
    lyric - no idea

have a lovely weekend

• Morning Dustin: Thanks for reminding me re bucket and spadeimage

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

What: a gentle 5 km
    Why: it's in the plan and my legs are feeling a bit mashed, so couldn't manage anything else anyway!
    Last hard: remote desktopping into work...can't get it to work properly and have a Monday deadline (UK office, so can't just go in!).
    Last rest: 20/6

Birks sorry to hear about the job enjoy the holiday
    Wabo hope the 5 km goes well tonight
    Blisters glad bike is fixed

Anyone racing this weekend?

Have a good one all.

• Tapering away and taking it easy!!!

might do a 20 min/ 10 min easy easy cycle, easy run in a bit. Taking it easy.

Birks - you were too good for them.

This time tomorrow I'll be looking at a (hopefully) calm sea and getting ready to Not take it easy for two odd hours!!.

Blisters - Enjoy the bike.

LMH - how long is long??

Lyrics - deffo not

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all just

blisters your lyrics yes and enjoy Friday - oh yes!!

paddy like it..

lmh I am loving the racing at the moment! Another one in the morning, feeling I will be tired though so its a tempo run I reckon

emzap it went well and I am racing tomorrow

birkmyre have a great holiday!

5k last night in 25.26...

what: try out the new pedals in a safe place this evening... double sided shimano thingamajigs

why: I really don't know

last hard: last night

last easy: Monday I think

have a lovely weekend all!

ok its good afternoon now.... 

I didn't hit the 8mm though Dustin, managed 8.04, Battersea park is not great for me, I forgot the tree pollen and was struggling the first k trying to cough clear my throat etc etc. But not disappointed at all, running quite well for me at the moment. Sounds like your day went well.

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

oh why is my dustin bit at the bottom that's very odd

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Cheers for comments re job interview. Appreciated.

• Paddy - four and a half hours/twenty minutes. Have a great one tomorrow. Beautiful weather for it here, nearly wish I were racing the Outlaw but whilst I could get round comfortably enough it's too early for me to be racing long.

Wabo - enjoy!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Humm think 5km will be scrapped.  Feeling dodgy since 11:30 and don't want to push it today as I want to do a long run tomorrow.  Fell asleep for 3.5 hours this afternoon, still not feeling great.  Don't think missing a slow 5 km will hinder the training much image

Paddy and Wabo good luck for tomorrow.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

(((birks))) sorry about the job

enjoy tapering, paddy

blisters: yikes, dentist image

what: 13 hot and miserable miles

why: appointment had me miss my stupid o clock slot ...

last hard: today

last rest: 24/6

lyrics: yes

• Evening

What 10ish commute
    Why because
    Lyrics yes

Stil on the low HR though pace appears to be picking up slightly so something must be working.

Will try and fit in a medium long run tomorrow as I doubt I'll have time Sunday.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Birks, there is better waiting for you in the wings I'm sure

Lyrics - think so.....

What - 5.25m
    Why Easy run
    Last hard - Weds
    Last Rest - Mon

Take care all

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon...or is it evening!

Lyrics: yes, two days in a row!

What: zero
    Why: taking it easy. Legs still feel slightly tender from Tuesday's harder session. Only did 10 mins on Weds and 15 mins last night. Must do something more strenuous tomorrow!

Edit: I thought I had posted at around 5 o'clock!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lyrics: Take it Easy, by the Eagles. There are some classic, cheesy, blatantly sexist lines in there that make me think that the author was a complete red-neck. But I'll let them off.

Congrats to all who got a bit done today. I felt as though I had achieved a miracle when I had kept up with both of the mens semi finals at Wombledone. In amongst that were the items on my first post, plus mowing the lawn (during the roof interval) and cleaning the pond pump (in the gloaming). OH yes, doing the washing, making the family tea, and two batches of bread.

I failed to do the following: wash car, go for run, go to choir practice, purchase new shower.

Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. I'm going on a bike ride. It may be politically insensitive, but we are going out for a posh meal later.  I think that wifey's aim is to catch sun rays and snore the afternoon away. Fair's fair.