Is 13:38 a competitive 5k time for 16 year old

Comments

• I reckon he's still trying to complete that lap he started last week...

• I suppose we can assume that he's not returning now! 

• Pah!! You got more of a chance of the world ending 2moro

• This is like any other soap (EastEnders for UK viewers!) on TV. We all keep hanging on to this thread, but it never goes anywhere. And you check the next episode/post only to find out you haven't missed a thing.

I doubt we'll get a happy ending. image

• He'll be out celebrating American Independence Day today so doubt if he'll log on.

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

School sports day Dads Race yesterday - and yes I cracked it - a hand timed 9.69 seconds over an exactly measured 100 metre course - (when I say hand timed I counted One pink elephant two pink elephant in my head and you can't get more accurate than that) and I know I got disqualifed but not even in the commonwealth games next year will they expect Usain Bolt to carry an egg and spoon.  Knowing that to be ratified as a British record I will have to be drug tested I have posted a plastic bag full of my wee (actually the dogs wee as I am not sure whether anti histamines are allowed) through the letter box of the local chemist with a post it note to test it. They should hopefully be able to use some of it off the floor where the plastic bag split.

• Grendel3 wrote (see)

School sports day Dads Race yesterday - and yes I cracked it - a hand timed 9.69 seconds over an exactly measured 100 metre course - (when I say hand timed I counted One pink elephant two pink elephant in my head and you can't get more accurate than that) and I know I got disqualifed but not even in the commonwealth games next year will they expect Usain Bolt to carry an egg and spoon.  Knowing that to be ratified as a British record I will have to be drug tested I have posted a plastic bag full of my wee (actually the dogs wee as I am not sure whether anti histamines are allowed) through the letter box of the local chemist with a post it note to test it. They should hopefully be able to use some of it off the floor where the plastic bag split.

• Grendel: No they will expect Usain and the other Finalists to carry 6 cans of lager and a kebab whilst running the 100mimage

Anybody dropping the kebab will be disqualified...image

• Well Matt,

I think it's safe to say you've been tried in absentia and the verdict is that you're not the next Mo Farah.

In fact I'm not sure you're even the next Mo Syslak image 

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Yes I think that his absence says it all.

I can just imagine him realising that he measured his distance in KM not Miles and finally deciding that he wasn`t man enough to own up to his mistake.
  • He's down on his knees on that hot, dry, dusty Texas track and he's weeping...

• Hey, last night I rigged up a high jump bar in the back garden and in my flip flops I managed 2m23. How am I doing?

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Rubbish I managed 3.05 in my pajamas and slippers.

Hang on, it may have been 3 feet 5 inches, damn you metric and imperial measurements.
  • SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

Well Matt,

I think it's safe to say you've been tried in absentia and the verdict is that you're not the next Mo Farah.

In fact I'm not sure you're even the next Mo Syslak image 

Matt was tried in absentia? That sounds like a town I want to steer clear of image

• http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_O23cNNQsB88/SC3HNc7fYTI/AAAAAAAABug/o9gkfc_tLFI/s400/moes.gif

Moe says, "busted you little punk!"

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Mo Syslak

Is that the fat blonde one in Eastenders?

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Millsy1977 wrote (see)
    Yes I think that his absence says it all.

I can just imagine him realising that he measured his distance in KM not Miles and finally deciding that he wasn`t man enough to own up to his mistake.

Yep. Was on a treadmill for starters, and they always seem pre-set to km!

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Reality can be a right 'hard bastard'. Hell I can recall the very moment when I reaslised I'd never give Seb Coe a race over 800m.

Ok then, running track, 400m, give it the works, result 80 seconds. Hang on a moment, didn't SC go around twice averaging 51 seconds? Try a shorter distance at top speed then.

200m, 100m, 50m!!!

Bloody hell. I can't move fast enough over any distance as fast as SC could do the 800m. 

Reality then! live with it.

🙂

• Ric: Reality check right enough I remember running 53 secs in my late teens for 400m and being really quite pleased with myself.

That evening I watched an 800m from I think Oslo and they went through 400m in 52 !

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

B, at least at the bell you were (comparatively speaking) only just over 7m's adrift against my 140mimage.

🙂

• Well, let's face it, becoming an elite athlete is something very few people are capable of - but given that he's in Texas I reckon he could have a big future in competitive steak eating image

• Ric: Yeah. But I was still shattered when watching it 6 hours or so later and they ran another 52 secs lap seemingly effortlessly.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

comparing yourself against elites is no more sensible than comparing your looks against models...

I prefer to compare against the top local peeps. That way at least you know you have some vague chance of getting to their level, rather than zero.

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

So then Stevie G comes in and knocks me down further - I can't even compare myself with a model now let alone a super one-

To be honest though I think Matt may be a nude model - as he proved right from the start he was a big c*ck.

• ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

Steve G.

in my house there's Mrs C and I. I can beat her. In my street there are 8 houses. I know I can beat everyone in my street. Outside of that? Err, no.

Actually, cancel that. My dog runs rings round me when I'm trying to go as fast as I can, so I can't even claim to be the fastest in my house. 

Do you think Matt will tell me what his secret is?

If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Before I started running about 4 yrs ago I played a lot of Rugby, Cricket and sometimes golf at a reasonable club level and no one used to compare themselves to Jonny Wilkinson, Kevin Peitersen or Tiger Woods. You were judged in relation to other people in your league etc.

I find it odd that a lot of younger runners seem to jump straight to Mo or Paula to judge their performances rather than the top performers in their clubs.