Sat 13 July

A girl consumed by fire
We all know her desire

Morning all

Off now for 55 mile cycle and 2 mile hot run.

Good luck to all today.

Comments

• Morning Paddy! You were first.

Well done Blisters. Was this in the lake with your tri club?

donaldo - yes, slowing down is the way to cope with the heat. Took me a couple of days to acclimatise but HR/pace relationship is about where it usually is again now.

What:            long bike/short run brick
    Why:             clock's ticking
    Last hard:     30/6
    Last rest:      27/4

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning Paddy and LMH

Warm up here at 7amimage

I was out walking Geordie

Today back in 1985 was 'Live Aid'.

The sad old git that I am I remember it very well !

Having a week off running this week, back on Monday.

All our kids go off on their hols tomorrow and Mondayimage

donaldo: Glad you enjoyed your hols on Cumbrae.

Need to catch up.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were "Summer Breeze", Seals and Crofts (well covered as well!).

What: rest day, almost certainly
    Why: driving eldest son to North London. He starts job on Monday. At the moment it looks like a four hour drive there and probably the same back unless I can find someone to put me up! Not looking forward to driving, particularly in this heat. Hope there's some breeze in the car!

Summer breeze makes me feel fine
    Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning ale: Hope your drive goes well. Hope your son's new job goes well for him.

• Well 55 miles Cycle D&D followed by 2 mile ran. Felt great running off the bike today - I think the completed tri's and bricks are finally paying off.

Feeling better now and looking forward to next week.

Must have a summit with Mrs PM to discuss holiday training!!

Great to get session done before highest of the heat. Holiers a week Monday. Didn't go away last year and decided to go away this year as the weather in recent years has been so shite. Now the long range weather people are saying that this weather is here for another good while yet!!! Still no complaints here!!

Ale - split the drive back with a visit to Trent Bridge - you might hit it at a nice time!! Bound to be some dodgy fella with a ticket to sell!!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

I wish Paddy! Been driving 4 hrs and done less than 40 miles. Bad crash ahead and m6 closed.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • 67 miles biked Glos-Chepstow-Severn Bridge-Glos. A glorious day for it, with lots of sunny applied. I hate the thick creamy stuff, and use the light sewing machine oil grade. It worked well. Only just had the right quantity of fluid...

• Thought it looked a bit quiet on thread LM.H startedimage

LM.H we don't want rain - a little of your sun could be good - cool and overcast today.

What: ~1k swim then a 12.4 mile plod
    Why: Saturday and need to start pushing up the miles again
    Last hard: Saturday or today
    Last rest: Wednesday
    Lyrics no
    Blisters - don't think our chances are quite slaughtered yet image... but very British to applaud a good sportsman on the opposing sideimage

• Sorry Paddy.........a little over 86 miles biked then 2.5 miles run off. Hot, hot, hot and loving it!

Ale - I don't suppose I'm much use here but if it will help to break your journey pm me and I'll give you my phone number and address - we can offer coffee and cake or a spare room - whichever is required.

OH - I could almost have joined you in that swim by the time I'd finished my run!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Thanks LMH. Very kind! Took 7 hours in the end...then supermarket shop, now food..

And then drive to Leicestershire to see mum. Legs won't be happy! 

• AH - Fred Flintstone car ???

Still be some play at Trent Bridge tomorrow. Not looking so rosey for Aussies now but could be a close run match yet especially if Ashton Agar shows his best form again ...

• LMH - Nice work. With yours and Blister's effort of yesterday I'm really beginning to feel that my efforts are insufficient - must try harder!!

LMH - How were the legs (and will they have another 23.5 miles on race day. Keep it up!!!. I want to be reading an IM report soon!!

• Legs were good Paddy - I shall try not to set off so fast on race day but when I come off the bike the legs turn over quickly and it takes me a couple of miles to settle down. I really need to find a way of taking more fuel on board though - I did today on breakfast, a slice of toast and jam just before I left and only 400 calories whilst out - and that was me trying to eat more! LSR tomorrow so legs need to be ok! Your training is more than enough for oly's or even a HIM - I have a little further to go!

Alehouse - sorry my offer came too late to be of use - you're always welcome.

• piss

lost post.

much eulogising

annoyed.

Paddy- good

LMH- inspirational

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Back into nutter mode today....

Parkrun in 19:21 and 5th this morning...

Then Maiden Castle loop (6.42m) tonight which was just a TAD hilly in 47:10 in 9th place (Splits 6:28, 7:21, 7:56, 8:02, 7:25, 6:51, 3:03), great run wil be back next year, only just made it due to accidents / blocked roads and a police raid....

Easyish day planned tomorrow....