Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Got out on the bike early burly while it was still misty - couldn't wear my sunglasses as they kept getting foggy image 85km pootling around notts and leicestershire.  Set off the speedcamera coming into Cotgrave image 37mph!  Had thoughts about heading up to Oxton bank but got a bit lost around Radcliffe-on-Trent so headed towards Coulston Bishop instead. Nice day for it.

JP do you lock your bike up there or is it safe just by the lake?

• As someone who suffers the cold for various reasons, it's been quite nice to get me jumper off.

• If any of you local ladies (or indeed men or non locals!) are free there are still some places left in the Erewash sprint - very friendly, inclusive event. Details can be found here: http://www.erewashtriathlon.com/

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Buttercup, I've been trying to set off a speed camera for weeks near me, my fastest was just over 32 and it didn't ping me, well done for yours. image

I do lock my bike at Bosworth but most people don't, I saw some very nice looking carbons not locked up on Saturday, it was really busy too with campers and visitors, I don't want to risk it as its a long walk home on my cleats, there's always members of the Tri club there though. 

• Couldn't resist it, quick 15 miles on the bike out in the roasting sun. No numb fingers, no chilly anything. Smashing. 

• I can ping the one outside Zouch as well altho' that usually says 14 rather than anything exciting image hmm will try and get down to MB next weekend for a dip image

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well done buttercup

JPG - I doubt whether they are big enough for anyone except for me to call them hillsimage but they are definitely going up and some bits are steep

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Hills, don't talk to me about hills.  My neighbour introduced me to his favourite hill today. Apparently it's actually 3 hills and the flat, recovery, bits....aren't!

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm back, hope you missed me.

Holiday was fab, 2 weeks of sunshine, beaches, walking, swimming and relaxing. Not had a chance to read back but will unless someone gives me and edited edition of what I have missed. Only went online once to check the Outlaw results, the only place with an internet café was the nudist complex by the nearest beach, so I obviously did not hang around there for too long. Seeing naked bodies at the beach is one thing, but anywhere else is just sooo wrong.

hi steady, I thought about you the other day and wondered why you were missing, worried, then remembered you were on holiday!! Glad you had a good timeimage

what you got planned?

• Quality sleeping Mr Cat, hope you feel better soon.            

Sounds like a top trip out JP. Is the house coming on as well as the training?

Top quality biking Buttercup. Little speed demon you... Keep up the good work.

When do all the swimming things start Maths? Let us know how your hills go! 

I went out to South Cerney. 1000m swim followed by 23ish mile bike. Hot but gentle breeze. Had good company and now enjoying a doze on the sofa. Waiting for the Ashes highlights. Get in! 

the swim smooth squad is from September - looking forward to it, hope it makes a difference!

Well done MrsD on today's training. 

We have had a long day out, eldest son playing in concerts in a country park, lots of shade, we had a nice walk while they were rehearsing, concerts were great but a bit shattered. Didn't get home in time to eat before heading out to swimming tonight, so skipping it and having a full rest day. Not a bad idea seeing as yesterday my legs were really feeling worn out

• Go you MrsD!  Im good on the coming down the hills need to get better on going up them image

Hahaha Chili image a bit too much to see and do then!

MC sounds like a good day out with the family - swapping rest days is fine as long as the work gets done at some point image

• Ay up Steady, you snuck in there. Glad hols went well. 

Sounds like a busy old day Maths. I often end up switching rest days. Sometimes you're body reminds you you need a break.

I don't mind hills but only have big ring cycling at mo. One hill today had me puffing a bit. Checked on Garmin, just under 13mile out before returned so went further than thought. Bike in for service Thursday. 

• mathschick wrote (see)

cake is Sheffield way I think - but you will be training for the outlaw bike leg so would be a good long ride for youimage don't suggest going up the M1 though

haha - we could get some of the casual pirate wear with that on the back! Would be a good memento of the day!

image I live on the edge of sheffield near a road commonly called the woodhead pass we have a few hils around here you can play on. Just one rule anyone call's themsevles fat and I will con you into riding up Man Tor or something.image

• Man Tor ew errr that sounds like something I may not want to conquer image

• image There is always Winnats pass as well. image Going down it you can feel your brakes melting. image

• Are these part of the 'flat' areas you speak of? 

• Cake you are a man after my own heart image

• You lot are having great weekends. I zipped up the man suit and managed a 10km in the sun. It took an inordinate amount of time, but I'm getting back in there. Have found a massive knot in my left calf which I need to get sorted.

Other than that only ~60km on the bike this week due to illness. I can look back and see the v low HR on Wednesday's bike and say "oh yeah..". Makes so much sense now. Shame not to get some good rides in this weekend, but nice to chill in the garden.

• MrsDigger (aka sicknote) wrote (see)

Are these part of the 'flat' areas you speak of? 

image I think you have found the level. image If you girls and gems want some hill work just say when. SA's, Steve Ho, Razor and a few other's live just over a few hills so with luck might be able to get them to play as well? Need to get Mr and Mrs SA round our way for tea at some point once they have got IM Frorida out of the way so we can all get p*ssed as it is. image

• Got up early and trundled out bleary eyed for a 5k run, my legs didn't want to come so I had to drag them round, still really tired, I think I need more sleep. I'm planning on a bike ride tonight not sure how long, I'll see how I feel

• Oooo, JPG, that's exactly how my legs felt too!image But managed 5 miles immediately after school run and was already sooooo hot image

Cat - hope you feel better soon

• It is bloody hot out there today got heavy legs as well. image

• Geeze louise that was a stinkingly hot run tonight! Sweating like a lady image 

I biked this morning, when it wasn't too hot. Going swimming soon.

Run will be tomorrow morning when it isn't too hot, assuming I manage to sleep tonight, didn't sleep much last night and feeling tired today