recommended service

They say you tell 20 people when you have bad service, and noone when you have good, so here's my effort to redress that. 

With all this heat I've wanted to try some of the UltraAspire packs for running in the Brecon Beacons as I always end up not carrying enough water, and wanted something really minimal.

The only UK retailer I could find was floodies.co.uk who when I phoned for advice, suggested I come down and try them out. He made sure he had one of each in for last Saturday and let me go for a short run in each. Blinking hot, but well worth it as I'm now a proud owner of a Kinetic pack. Definately recommend the service.

Rhys

Comments

• Strange how everyone who gets good service from floodies always turns up here to telleveryone

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
  • XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Is this the OP's first post?  I get some kind of "Access Denied" error when I try to look at his profile.

• Hi, I'm Victor Kiam. I got such good service from my floodie. I bought the company.

• So Rhys what was your last race and how did it goimage

• This is my real name and it’s my first post on this forum

Yes, I am a runner. Completed the MdS twice along with the Gobi Challenge along with more city marathons that I would care to remember.

On this topic I can say that I do know the team at floodies. I've known the owner for eight years and can only say that he has more personal integrity than just about anyone I know. If anyone on this forum is giving floodies grief then it is misplaced. It simply wouldn't happen.

Seren Nos and Dave The Ex-Spartan - I will tell you the last time I raced with Rhys Powell who I also know. The last time I saw him in a race was in Mongolia and he has toughed it out for a whole day in the heat of the Gobi. He was unconscious on a dirt track when they found him. After a night of having many saline drips he was out on the course the next day cheering the likes of me on. So, he is an athlete and he's not the type of man who would say something for effect.

So I'm sure that those who don’t care for Floodies will probably never place an order in the future. I will though and I'm sure that anyone who crosses their path will meet a gentleman who is a gentleman.

• Why don't you let your great mates pay for an advert in RW instead of using this forum to promote your goods. 

When you have never been on here and the first thing you do is strart telling us how good your product it tends to get people a little suspicious about the integrity of the poster.

• For balance, I don't know anyone from Floodies and have anything positive or negative to say about them.

I do however do a lot of work as an ad copywriter, and can tell you that people do get paid to make product recommendations on forums. I can also tell you that the "They say you tell 20 people..." opening gambit is a well-worn line in these circles.

This isn't to say that the OP is here for that purpose, but if that's the first and last thing we hear from them then I'll certainly be drawing that conclusion. Over to them.

• What Ivor says.

Also, Rhys and Stuart, you might be interested to know that the reason it's so obvious is that people have been doing it quite a lot recently - it's obviously the next "hot" thing in marketing.

What with that and others not-so-subtly posting links to their blogs while, frankly, insulting the collective intelligence of the forum, it all gets to be a bit of a tits-ache quite frankly.

• Stuart Smith2 wrote (see)

This is my real name and it’s my first post on this forum

Yes, I am a runner. Completed the MdS twice along with the Gobi Challenge along with more city marathons that I would care to remember.

On this topic I can say that I do know the team at floodies. I've known the owner for eight years and can only say that he has more personal integrity than just about anyone I know. If anyone on this forum is giving floodies grief then it is misplaced. It simply wouldn't happen.

Seren Nos and Dave The Ex-Spartan - I will tell you the last time I raced with Rhys Powell who I also know. The last time I saw him in a race was in Mongolia and he has toughed it out for a whole day in the heat of the Gobi. He was unconscious on a dirt track when they found him. After a night of having many saline drips he was out on the course the next day cheering the likes of me on. So, he is an athlete and he's not the type of man who would say something for effect.

So I'm sure that those who don’t care for Floodies will probably never place an order in the future. I will though and I'm sure that anyone who crosses their path will meet a gentleman who is a gentleman.

So you're an action man. Doesn't mean you can't be a spammer as well.

(no photos, didn't happen by the way.....) 

• Racing til you fall unconscious.   WOW. I'm nowhere near hard enough, I'm sensible enough to know when to stop 

what is it with people that makes them think its clever to try and kill themselves in the name of sport ? 

• WOW...Some aggressive replies and is it really necessary? What has happened to the runners world forum of old.

I am an Ultra Runner and have completed a number of events over the years and at 57, still going. Endurance events are about testing your limits to the full.

Any runner or athlete worth their salt, will appreciate the hard work, commitment and sacrifices we have to make.

I respect any runner, running any distance and at any standard.

I will run to exhaustion, if it raises money that eventually saves lives. Don't knock it until you try it.

Seems Ex Spartan that you may have SMS

The MDS is six marathons in desert conditions, carrying a 15lb backpack.

CHARITY HURTS

See the following links:

http://www.justgiving.com/yukon-ultra

http://www.justgiving.com/keithflood2007

http://www.justgiving.com/Keith-Flood-PACE

http://www.justgiving.com/Keith-Flood

http://www.justgiving.com/Keith-Flood2015

An additional £15000,00 raised for MS in 2005, after completing the MDS

£6000.00 for WIZZ KIDZ in 1999 

Keep it clean guys. I never asked for feedback.

I have no doubt that this will be followed by negative replies, as it seems to be the theme, not set, but introduced since the first post. 

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone is doubting the guy's running credentials or work for charity.

That was not what the original issue was about.

What has looked odd, but may be completely innocent, is the number of positive reviews that keep popping up they often seem to be written from a script as Ivor points out above.

No other supplier seems to get this amount if feedback ( positive or negative) so you can see why people may be suspicios.
  • Pop eye - you've missed the point completely.
  • and less suspicious if you can access profiles to see if they've posted before, Pop-Eye.......

(having said that, I can't access mine, eitherimage)

• Well guys. Sorry for missing the point. But please read on...

Lets remember the previous post, which was negative and followed with an agreement from other, who chipped in with further response. All negative without any justification.

That is until one person came on in defence. A post went up on Facebook and Bob's your uncle, others followed

It seems that the administrators removed the original posts which was in fact duplicated by the originator, who was hell bent on giving feedback, with the intention of a Google page one placement.

Rhys (thread originator), contacted my to supply a sleeping bag for his daughter and followed up with this thread.

I know Rhys, as I do Stuart and many other Ultra Athletes in the Ultra World and have the utmost respect for both of them. I the n Mongolia Gobi Desert, I witnessed Rhys this 6ft 3 man, who weighed at the time at least 115kg, with all his food and equipment on his back...Climb the largest sand dune you could imagine, in a temperature you could cook a chicken in. Every step was unimaginably painful. he never gave up, until forced to do so, by exhaustion.

This is a man, who would give you his last Rolo.

I have seen this happen dozens of times, and came close myself on more than once.

This thread, turned from a positive comment into something quite different. It got personal, which in my understanding is not what this forum is all about.

• cougie wrote (see)
    Pop eye - you've missed the point completely.

And how!

Nobody is knocking the achievements of others, they are questioning a dodgy marketing tactic. 

A word about marketing BTW, rule one, if you like: when a marketee gives a marketer negative feedback about your marketing methods you don't tell them they are wrong.

Anyway, as you were, you can carry on with the totally irrelevant willy waving contest now.

• Pop-Eye wrote (see)

This is a man, who would give you his last Rolo.

I have seen this happen dozens of times, and came close myself on more than once.

But would he not part with his chocolate on the particular occasion that you asked?

• Cracking PR for Floppies (or whatever). Sounds more and more dodgy as this thread goes on.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Pop eye, you are still missing the point.

This is not about anyone's running achievements.

It's all about the glowing endorsements regarding service that keep pooping up.
  • Well this is fiesty forum

For the record I've never bought anything from floddies but through my ultra running I have had the pleasure to meet both Keith and Rhys in the Sahara and Gobi deserts.

What I do object to is people riduculing two people I am firtunate enough to call a friend

What I would suggest is if there is a question to ask then ask it. So, in response to Rhys original post I would have expected that if something suspects that he was a spammer then ask him strtaight. Read the posts above and ask yourself if that's respectful to other runners which I assure you Rhys is

• Stuart, are you, Rhys and Pop-Eye, in fact, one and the same person?

• He might be DF3 too...

• Read the original thread. I held my hands up, said sorry, for all the world to read/see and admitted I was wrong. A new business not 100% aware of distance selling regulations.

Yes Ex Spartan is knocking the achievement of others and made it personal on another (read above)

• Fiesty? I think it's been good natured banter so far image

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Lordy, you floopies fans really don't understand what's pissed the forumites off, do you?  

I don't care if you are daft enough to run to the point you pass out, or how much money you raise for charity (image) but this is a forum, not an advertising board.  Pay for your advertising.

There is so much covert advertising on the forum it really is irritating to regular users.

It really puts me OFF the product being pushed.  It makes me want to AVOID the product completely. 

Bear that in mind for future spam campaigns.

• You seem like some sort of runners selling running kit, otherwise you'll have been told to feck off (amongst other things) long before now.

• Yay Foxy. Well said.
  • No I am not any of those chaps. I'm far better looking

For all the regular posters on here - try to be respectful to new posters. They may even hang around and participate in future debates rather being driven away.

And as I said before - just ask someone the question rather than poke fun at him. That's really a warm welcome to a forum.

PS - thats 3 posts from me now on this forum