Sunday, 21 July 2013

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

morning all

lyrics: I'm waking up to ash and dust

I wipe my brow and sweat my rust

need to catch up later... just having coffee before setting out for a longish one whilst temps are still bearable.

day out on the bike yesterday which was lovely but legs are feeling the hills ...

Comments

• Morning chickadee - thanks for thread starting. My legs are feeling the 10k - not good with what I have in store for them today!

Yesterday's lyrics were See The Sun by Dido - hope we do today, it's a little dull at the moment.

What:             cyclosportive
    Why:              need the miles
    Last hard:      getting up this morning
    Last rest:       just a swim is nearly as good as a rest

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH and chickadee

Rest Day today

Walked Geordie for 45 mins.

Catch up over brekkie.

Lyrics: Noot sure.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

well done on your PB LMH imagenow find yourself an easier route and a cool day and a 44ish one should be yours image

what:  16 with 10 @ MP

why: needs must

Last hard: certain bits of today ...

Last Rest: Monday

cycled 2.5 miles to the lake after my run and splashed about for half an hour. suppose that was a Triathlonimage

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

6.7 miles again today - almost 4 mins faster than yesterday though - nice and cool! image

• Well a beastly race today.

The "Beast of the East".

The setting to this race is surely one of the best. The Swim is in the Wicklow hills and is very scenic - it helped that the water surface was like glass.

Got in to acclimatised and this could honestly have been done without a wetsuit - water was lovely (If coloured like Guinness (that's due to the rivers running through peaty areas)).

From the gun the washing machine was well and surely on - and didn't seem to thin out for a long time. Got out of the water in 25 mins and into transition - not too fast but still ok.

Now the cycle - the Beast in the title is there for a reason -  there's a few "sharp" hills!!, not to mention one particularly interesting descent.  Anyway, got through them in 1.14 and through transition and into the run.

The run was hilly too with one "Beast" of a hill right at the start but was well over a  KM short. Me a bit pissed off at this as I was passing plenty but ran out of road and finished 14 seconds behind the winner of my category who I was catching fast.

Finished in 2.15 and got meself a bit of booty for second place in my age group.

Sorry about the truncated report but I have a Holiday to get ready for!!

• Great racing and reporting Paddy - hope you have a great holiday.

Today's 100 couldn't have been more different weather wise to the last one - cool, drizzly and windy (but not badly and not gusting) from the off. Periods of heavier drizzle, light rain and dryness. Plenty hilly - some big climbs from quite near the start. Given how bad my legs felt when I woke up and was still laying in bed this morning I was surprised by how quickly they got with the programme and agreed to work. Asthma was a bit more of an issue - I suspect because it was upset on Friday but never got as far as an actual attack fortunately. Felt much easier than three weeks ago and whilst less hilly not significantly so. A slight diversion due to a road closure resulted in the advertised 99 miles being closer to 103 - but that's fine with me. 1384m climb according to the Garmin and an average speed of 16.4mph.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!
    Thought I had posted this morning in response to Chick's "tri"...now I'm posting to say well done to Triathlon-Paddy! Well done young man! Shame about the under-distance though.

No drizzle here: humid but no sun. And the sun is supposed to be back tomorrow...34 degrees tomorrow in London, they say.

What: 20 mins struggle
    Why: not sure! Combination of working in the garden from 7.30/clearing builders'rubble/supermarket shopping/dodgy tummy etc. At least the struggle wasn't because of a niggle. Was absolutely drenched at the end: only 20 degrees but very humid...could have done with the drizzle!

Lyrics: no

And we have just won the test and just won the test. OH will get what I mean!

Edit: just seen T's result from Friday! Another well done!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.