Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Lol, isnt it funny when all the best intentions go out the window.

Just got back from sweatshop & Nottingham, went to change my addidas shoes for some mizuno's and ended up orering these instead

• Hello all!

love the shoes Kev image hope they're better than the moulded bits and bobs.  Sounds like your going great guns was well.  

3:30 nicely done knocking 13m off that's fab.

grendel, hope the long run goes well tomorrow .

JR I got out early this morning....well early-ish (7.30) and ran my 10k route.  Horray!

it was predictably hot, ran with some water, discovered that I seem to be unable to run holding it in my left hand but my right is ok....weird.  My knee started hurting in an ITB sort of way around mile 4 but it eased as I went on. No it's not happy going down stairs though.  Quick, back to The Lovely Physio Fellows exercises.

going to an 80's party tonight.(Oh god) Have made Mr Neez a Rubics cube outfit out of a giant packing box, suspect this will be the last time he leaves sorting his fancy dress out to me image.  Would like to go out again tomorrow but might see how I feel in the morning

happy running folks

ps check this out everyone, especially you 3:30!  It really made me laugh, i can completely identify with this......

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running

• Gammi - that's brilliant !!

• Guys,

Is it normal to experience aches and pains in the feet when changing foot strike. 

Mine been aching all day especially when I put weight on them.

Hope they feel ok for Mondays run!

• Kevin Saunders 3 wrote (see)

Guys,

Is it normal to experience aches and pains in the feet when changing foot strike. 

Mine been aching all day especially when I put weight on them.

Hope they feel ok for Mondays run!

Feeling better todayimage

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

330…..ah, the home made sports drink! I too have been down that route. Half orange, half water, spoon of salt and also a sugar to even it up. I have to say it was a disaster, absolutely disgusting. Now, I’m no fan of these isotonic whatsits but have to admit, at least they’re easy to swallow, just a bit expensive for what they are. I went for a half water, half lemonade mix today….truly awful!

B2B, the 11 hour cut off may be just what you need to push towards the 100.

Well done on getting out early Gammineez, hope Mr Neez managed to get to the bar alright in his rubiks cube lol.

Kev, glad your feet feel ok, I usually give things a couple of days unless its full on pain. It’s perfectly normal to suffer little niggles and aches and pains when changing anything.

Right, 10.11 miles done today in 1:47:10. Average of 10:36 which I am well pleased with considering I took it nice and slow and ran two laps of a hilly 5 miler. Put a drink in the hedge for halfway and as I said above it didn’t go down well. I think I will stick to water for now and may even buy some sugary nonsense to try! 50 up for the month.

July - 58.94

2013 – 325.06

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Just a quickie today 15.05 miles run, felt cr*p for first 7 but picked up thanks to a Tesco sports drink - 55p which I had left in the garden - tasted like but seemed to work!!!

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Right, Tesco sports drink it is then, it's got to be worth a go at 55p

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

My wife has just informed me Morrisons do one for 50pimage

• Grendel3 wrote (see)

Just a quickie today 15.05 miles run, felt cr*p for first 7 but picked up thanks to a Tesco sports drink - 55p which I had left in the garden - tasted like but seemed to work!!!

If it makes me run 15 mile I'll have 2 Lol

• Ooh I'll have to try the supermarket sports drinks too, bargain!

Well I ran 8.2miles today in 1hr12min29secs, not only my longest run of the year so far but I still managed to stay under the 9min miles so i'm keeping my pace which i'm really pleased with!imageimage

Well done everyone on your runs today!

• 330 - not sure on which 100 just yet. also not sure I am doing the 24 hour yet, still waiting to hear image lol on the orange! only do it the once eh?! image

Gammineez - the oatmeal is great! Ive been following it for a while! ha ha ha the Blerch! I think the Agony part is so funny! 

Well done everyone you are all going so well!!

• B2B - Never again !!

Think Grendel may be onto something with the Tesco stuff - might give it a go !!

• Good old water is my option. I use elete water for anything over 2 hours and just add it to my water. Lately I have been using coconut water as well image I find its working pretty well but its a bit more expensive than the tesco stuff

• If I'm only running for an hour, hour and a quarter do I need to bother with anything other than water?

• nope! image If you like water try and use just that for as long as you can! 

• the addition of the elete water is to help with electrolytes, but I have been reading a lot about weather they actually do anything! Experimentation is the key. I find if I run with juice it really drys my throat out after a while, I think because if the sugar? Coconut water is great but you may need a poop after a while. Not such a bad thing if you have been running for ages image For me I find that lots of sugar equates to lots of gas.....such a pleasant subject! Trust me to bring up poop and wind in the same post! imageimage

• WK4-R1 completed 

all forefootimage

• well done! how is it feeling?

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

First time I have ever run in a thunderstorm - was accutely aware that I was

1. the highest point along the sea wall and
    2. Carrying a key in my left hand

(I did once, in 1997 think I was running during a thunderstorm but it turned ut that the IRA had bombed Canary Wharf which was 17 miles away)

7 miles run - slow and wet.

• wow scary times!!! image

Im going spinning today at lunch. never tried it before, wonder if it will make me any faster? Then off tonight with mummysaurus tonight for a 5k. 

• B2B sorry for Hijacking the thread could you cast your eyes inthis direction image

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/general-running/just-bought-some-huarache-from-xeroshoescouk/256824.html

Sorry guys carry on...... image

• Back2basics wrote (see)

well done! how is it feeling?

Better, lot better now mateimage

Still trying to work on this pose but guess it might get easier as I lose more weight.

Down to 13st 3lb now from 14st.

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Kevin - some weight loss going on there well done - starts to make what we are doing worthwhile.

• Well done Kev! Just keep going it will come!

Just got back from spinning....man thats hard! image gave the quads a pasting!

• Vicar - the link isnt working and I cant seem to get into the thread? ok just read a few bits that you posted.....sandals eh? You have come to the right place! image

I run in sandals.... a lot! Ive been running in Luna for just over a year and ive done a marathon, the north downs way 50 and race to the stones 100k in them! image

What were your questions?

•  

Grendel3 wrote (see)

Kevin - some weight loss going on there well done - starts to make what we are doing worthwhile.

Back2basics wrote (see)

Well done Kev! Just keep going it will come!

Just got back from spinning....man thats hard! image gave the quads a pasting!

Thanks Guysimage

• Its what we are here for! image

• Threads seem to be disappearing - the RW v Fetchies ones has gone so has another someone was saying in the the sub 3:15 marathon forum - been reported to RW

Purchased myself some of the Tesco energy drink will try it on my 12 on Saturday

Tonight ran 5.89 at a slower pace than Saturdays 12 - although the course tonight is hilly whilst the 12 is flat. Thought I was faster tonight and over 10 minute mileing so not happyimage

Kev - your going well stick at it and stick with the thread brilliant for motivation !!