Tuesday 23rd July 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour

We've been having thunder storms and torrential rain since 0430hrs - and no signs of it abating yet. Not sure that Grace is going to be too keen on going out for her walk.

I should know better than to take rest days - throat is worse this morning (though the lack of sleep won't have helped). Of course I'm now panicking about my race on Sunday - not that I'll be starting if the weather is like this!

What:                     nothing
Why:                      see above
Last hard:              sleeping
Last rest:                22/7

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning LMH.

What: bauch power this evening
    Why: need to do more core and it's good for me
    Last hard: Waking up!
    Last rest: 21/7
    Lyrics: nope

Hope you feel better soon LMH

Don yes, easy to spot your photo!

Have a good one all.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Nearly started the thread, but was beaten to it, so only just got round to posting. Quiet today!

Lyrics: no

What: 20 mins or so this evening
    Why: busy day again...filling/painting/look at catalogues for flooring/bedroom furniture/new kitchen etc.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Morning all! 

alehouse, emzap, what made it easy to spot? Was it the joke about the salmon underneath that gave it away? lol Jen was mortified that I had submitted it but she even got texts from friends saying they had seen her on the bbc website so I'm sure she was pleased.....

4 miles easy for me this morning - met an old friend so stopped and spoke for a good 5 minutes - wasnt on the watch anyway!

Lyrics - yes! 

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

great pic, Don image

ah poor you, LMH image

what: 9 slow miles
    why: niggles image
    last hard: Sunday
    last rest: yesterday
    lyrics: no

• I couldn't take another nothing day - waited for the worst of the rain to pass and then went out for a little run and I feel so much better for it (though I whether I will tomorrow or night remains to be seen). Sunny and warm now - with flooded bits everywhere!

I struggled for lyrics this morning Alehouse, kept looking and hoping that someone else would start it.

That doesn't sound good chickadee - any improvement?

You seem to be getting in to your abs class emzap.

Sounds as though you're enjoying your holidays donaldo.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

It had your name under it Don!  Made it very easy to spot :P

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

thanks for asking, LMH. The sharp pain seems to have gone but I can still feel something. Also, my legs are not responsive at all and have lost all bounce image  I blame the heat.
    Apparently we are due some rain on Thursday morning. Would love an early morning run with maybe 14/15 degrees, a light drizzle and no wind. The dust everywhere is beginning to aggravate my asthma. Still, I love summer image  I just don't love running in the summertime image

• Evening

What 10ish slow
    Why still July
    Lyrics OOOOOOOOh Yes!

A rather unpleasant slog into work through bery humid air. Two thunderstorms later and it still feels like treacle!

Finding work more managable now all the kids are on holiday so the time pressures have abated some what.

Invested in a new DAB radio so I can be "down with the kids" on all the new weird and wonderful modern stations, the fact that I can now listen to Ambridge Extra is just a mere coincidence.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

What: 11 minutes.
    Why: a couple of minutes warm up, 1k reasonably quickly, blistered heel (old shoes/new socks) so called it a day. Not sure how I can blister that quickly, but hey, it was a run of some description and didn't want to do any further damage. Still humid despite a series of thunderstorms.

Used to love the Archers, Postie, but probably stopped listening 40 years ago! I take it Dan, Doris and Walter Gabriel have now moved on!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.