Options

Overdone it?

Comments

• Options
    Stevie G . wrote (see)

what's the plan skinny? a week of some steady or MP miles and then if you come through back to me next week?

Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)

Just didn't quite have the legs - better to come after a few more weeks training I think. Fingers crossed the mega stretching I have done today will mean the groin will be okay tomorrow. I'll let you know tomorrow coach - plan an easy 3 tomorrow, rest on Tuesday and maybe a single quality session this week on Thursday - 3*2 miles at HMP sound okay?

Stevie G . wrote (see)

what's the plan skinny? a week of some steady or MP miles and then if you come through back to me next week?

Hi coach - see question posted above in middle of my long ramble! However I have another question - I'm obviously not quite at the zones that I was but expect to arrive back at them after a few weeks of full mileage training.

a) Will that just happen magically or do I have to make a semi permanent step backwards?

b) If it will happen magically what do I do in the meantime? Do I just try and run the zones or do I add a decreasing amount to the zones each week until I can hit them eg plus 15 secs this week, +10 secs next week, +5 secs week after.

Cheers, Skinny

• Options

Richard - can't edit post above after my post to SG but what I meant was it is a circular route returning to virtually the same point.

Obviously point to point means exactly the opposite!image

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

whoops, missed your questions as was scan reading!

if you feel up to a session like 3x2m HMP that sounds good.

The only thing i'd say is that's more a good session for a couple of weeks before a target half marathon.

As you've pretty much been without quality for a while, i'd probably go more along the lines of a 6mile MP session. Still not a doss pace, but less intensive, and will let you see where you're at

That kind of session will hopefully get you back used to the zones and we cans ee where you are, before making a decision on them.

My gut feel is that we probably wouldn't need to tweak them, but would just need to plot the sessions until you're back to top form.

• Options

Okay - you're the Coach - 6M at MP it is. I'll update the schedule for this week myself and then will be over to you again from Sunday.

That gives us 10 weeks to transform me into a fighting fit sub 1:27:30 runner!

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

thought it was sub 1:28:26? image

• Options

I'm allowing a little for you beating your PB the week before! image

What is your target time anyway?

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Dunno. Though clearly NOW it'll have to be sub 1:27:29.

• Options

If we kept this going for another 30 or 40 replies we would become Tom Chinery (without the henchness)!image

PS Don't believe your 'dunno' reply anyway!

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I am pretty hench actually. I work out you know. image

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

We need a new Tom Chinery thread now the original one has gone AWOL...

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

OMG, have the RW Stasi deleted Tom Chinery as well as Kittenkat? Anyone else starting to feel a bit vulnerable?

• Options

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages/mps/dt/4/UTN/252026/

Tom Chinery is alive and well and still posting occasional updates - his plan however is now a lot less insane.image

Oh - whoops - just followed my own link and you can't get to that thread any more - obviously Tommy 2D knows more than I do!

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

All I'm getting is an error message, and can't find a record of him as a user at all. Hope it's only a temporary cock-up.

But anyway, I honestly haven't really thought about my HM target. But when I do perhaps it will be a secret.

• Options
    I think I need to find a nice (quick) autumn half for the 1:27:30 challenge.
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Come and do Nottingham. For an extra fiver you can do it in a Robin Hood outfit.

• Options

I am tempted by the VIP entry option. image

But considering my upcoming training regime:

Rest of July - recover from injury.

Early august - holiday in Turkey

So that gives me about 6 weeks of training.  Perhaps a bit ambitious for a big pb attempt.  Worksop on 27th Oct looks more promising.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Or Keyworth in December? Free mug of soup... only a few giant hills.

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

Or the Leicester half on the 13th October? No mug of soup though. I think Worksop has a couple of bigish hills but is a downhill finish.

• Options

Hi Richard - if I can make it to end of autumn injury free that looks exactly how I would like my winter training to look. Three months of an extra 10 miles a week to set me up for next year - however that's looking too far ahead - rest day today so I'm off to batter my ITB with my grid foam roller for lunch!

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Skinny, at the risk of looking too far ahead, what's the plan for next year? You going to do a marathon?

• Options

Not sure - it depends on what I achieve this year. As above I want to start doing the kind of base mileage through the winter that would enable me to slot a marathon in at the end of next year but that is not necessarily the plan.

When I am fast enough OR stop improving and I believe it is because my age is starting to cause my times to deteriorate, then I want to do two marathons.

The first can be anywhere but needs to be fast to get a comfortable GFA.

The second will be big city the next year and goal is sub 3 hours. In theory my MP is 6:55 which means I am already fast enough and I only need to do the appropriate training plan and sub 3 hours should be possible - however think the conversion may be slightly harder than that!image

Right now though I am enjoying my running and still improving and I don't need to rush towards a marathon as I'm worried that once done I may feel like my running adventure is achieved - anyway my ultimate goal is not a sub 3 hour marathon but something else.image

What about you?

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Oh, I want to do VLM again next year, only faster this time.

What is GFA for you?

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

let's all calm the marathon talk down eh, we need to keep the young lad fit for up to halfs at the moment! image

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I'm luring him over to the dark side. image

• Options

Thank you coach - even 10k leaves me crippled!image

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Marathons are 4x as much fun as 10ks. Fact.

• Options

When the time is right......

I think me and coach are going to do one together - he's always saying how much he wants to do a marathon!image

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Really he ought to do one first so he can give you the benefit of his training experience. Come on SG, all you need to do is smash out a sub 1:15 half and you can come and do VLM with me... image

• Options

Go on.  Do a marathon. Everyone else is.

• Options

As a reason it lacks a little imagination!image