Options

question for the girls

Strange question but if you do a pool swim in a swimming costume what do you do about a bra for the cycling/running section?

Comments

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

You wear it under the costume. Though in reality I wouldn't do a pool swim in a costume. I'd wear Tri kit. 

• Options

I second M..o.use. You should generally wear whatever you plan to wear for the cycle/run for the swim with a bra underneath. You don't want to changing out of a swimming costume during transition.. or putting a bra on for that matter, the officials don't like nudity..   

• Options

I concur with Mouse if you have done a fair few tri's, but if it's your first it is the norm to wear a swim costume, then chuck on t-shirt and shorts on in T1 image

• Options

I swim, cycle and run in the same clothing - tri kit with a running bra underneath. Can't be arsed messing about in T1 trying to pull a shirt on over a wet body. Besides, I'm such a slow swimmer, can't afford to waste time in transition.

• Options

Snap - I wear a bra from the start.  My girls wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they were free and lovely image

• Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

a comment from my missus who isn't light in the top bollocks stakes.....image

try and find a bra that is seamless as that prevents chafing when wet - these are often not as supportive as many sports bras, but marry that with tri-kit that is very tight on top (it can take a while to find suitable kit) and you will find it very comfy.  she has 2 seamless bras - Falke and Thuasne - that she uses in tri.

HTH

• Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

fair enuff EP - I'm no expert on these things but just passing on her experience over quite a few years of tri

although a few chaps out there could do with manbras.....image

• Options

thanks for the advice.  i would have put running stuff on over swim costume but see that a tri suit is better. i was thinking about giving my first tri a go in September but will have to wait till orginal plan of next year as can't afford to buy a suit.  thanks again.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

I've only done one sprint tri but I love the schock absorber run bra and had no problems with that when wet, no chafing. Have also done a lot of hiking (like Yorkshire 3 peaks) and a half mara in it with no problems.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

If it is a short tri wear a sports bra, running top and lycra shorts. That is what I did at my first pool based tri.

• Options

my shock absorber run bra has always been fine wearing it in the water and then all day....

Dilly don't put yourself off because you haven't got a trisuit.

go ahead and still do it...getting changed after the swim will only cost you a minute or so.......and that isn't important  for your first one.its all a learning curve....

just get stuck in and enjoy it

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

I agree. I'm not buying that as an excuse to postpone. Wear your sports bra under your cossie and slip shorts and a top on in T1. It doesn't matter what you wear for your first. I had tri kit but it was a £12 Trisuit from Aldi.  

No idea where you live but there's a tri in Stratford in May and October which is very newbie friendly and lots of women will wear sports bra and cossie for the swim. 

Tri doesn't have to cost the earth. 

• Options

Dilly +1 go for it!

• Options

+1 for getting stuck in - you will have a ball image

• Options

I wore a Nike crop top bra thing and and gym tights for my first ever tri. Tri suits are helpful but not necessary! There was a girl there in a bikini.. you could turn up in almost anything and be ok for a short tri. 

• Options

The 2 pool tri"s I have done so far I wore my bra ( shock absorber run) under my cossie then threw a top over it in T 1. Didn't feel stupid. Doing an OW one in a few wks though so will be wearing a wetsuit then.