Morning.

Lyrics - The cafes are all deserted, the streets are wet again

Have a good fishing trip donaldo.

Legs ok after your race Alehouse?

What:                 travelling and hopefully a quick spin to check the bike
Why:                  racing in Northumberland tomorrow
Last hard:          looking at the weather forecast
Last rest:           22/7

Not sure of internet access where we are but will keep in touch if I can.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Morning

LMH Best of luck

donaldo Enjoy

Alehouse how are you the morning after the lunchtime before

What: parkrun
    Why: Its saturday
    Last Hard: yesterday
    Lyrics: That's a no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning! Just beat me to it again LMH! 

Legs know that they have done something harder than usual. Still waiting for official time.

Enjoy Northumberland , as well as the race LMH. ..where did you decide tovstay?

Lyrics: no

What: gentle 10 minutes or so later

Why: recovery run

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Haven't run a step this week. No real reason.

Start back again on Monday

Happy Hols to those going.

Catch up

• What did you think of the Brownlee's book birks?

Alehouse - staying in Seahouses. Forecast for tomorrow is pants - heavy rain from before we start the race probably until the finish and only around 15C. Just hope I can stay on the new bike image

Hope you have a good parkrun Pammie.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning.  Sorry to hear about th rubbish weather forecast LMH.

Don enjoy the fishing.

What: 14 miles, the 1st 5.6 at 10km pace along flat, the rest in very hills woodlands slowly.
    Why: it was in the training plan, but needed to keep out of the heat after the first 5.6 miles.
    Last hard: that was.  I've never felt so hot in my life.  I also couldn't get my breathing right.  My OH joined me for the 2nd bit of the run and commented on how it sounded funny.  No idea what was going on.
    Last rest: 21/7

Ice cream time.

Have a good one all.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Hope parkrunners have gone well. And a decent long run Emzap.
    Edit:
    was just wondering how NZC is, and the answer seems to be OK...decent parkrun!

Just got my official time for yesterday: 23:40. Slight change of course to usual Pammie, which meant two uphills in the first 1.3k. Anyway splits were 4:46, 4:46, 4: 40, 4:40 4:48. Struggled in the last 1.5ks, especially with a couple of nasty inclines, and was passed by 3 and outsprinted by one, which rarely happens. Anyway, lots of positives to take: improvement of over 4 minutes since March! Don't think I'll take another 4 minutes off for quite a while!
    Will now be concentrating on upping the miles, gradually, and it was obvious that I both need to work on my core and lose weight. Hills wouldn't come amiss either!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Well done Ale.  That's such progress from this time last year! 

33C here now, and even walking anywhere is too hot!  Glad I ran early...

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello everyone...
    just flew in this morning from 2 weeks in Florida, more for the kids than me I guess, although the Asics and New Balance outlet stores did see my dollars...
    Running somewhat secondary to queuing, rollercoasters, dolphins, malls, junk food (although I dd try to keep it healthy) and the pool. Managed a few runs, longest around 40 minutes, but it was in the mid-high 90s every day, and even in the storms it was too muggy to go far. 
    Will head out shortly for an easy half hour to stop the tiredness from creeping back in,now the parched lawns have been trimmed - hard to sleep on the redeye at the best of times, even more so with so many (little) kids on it. My two plugged into movies for 8 hours, not a peep out of them.
    Will have a brief read back when I can, but looks like ale is getting back to form!

laters

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

best of luck LMH! 15 degrees sounds perfect. am longing for temps not starting with a 2 or a 3 image

just a 30 min swim for me today. too hot for anything else ...

• Afternoon

What Nowt
    Why Just not together this morning
    Lyrics No

Mainly popping in to wish RFJ happy birthday for yesterday.

Good luck tomorrow with your pirating LMH, rather you than me.

Calf still a bit tight though a lot better than before. Am hoping to jog on it tomorrow if I get up in time and it's not raining.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

Alehouse  - yep they slightly alter the course sometimes  depends whats going on in the  hills. Oh hills I have them here guess I should make more  use of them.

Still nice even paces there positives yes (pammie take note) easy to make a  big improvement at first then it slows down

parkrun today and was Barking's 1st birthday which meant cake  and prizes for various people and a bigger turnout  than normal. Hence I was 49th (12th lady, and 3rd VW45, 2nd was up ahead  but couldn't close the gap) 28:18 which was a 3 second improvement  on last week worked hard was on my own going  from person to person only  thing that kept me going was  the sound of bloke talking to someone  encouraging them to close the gap to the lady in the  light blue top, that was me)

Should be please but was slightly disappointed hoping something  starting 27image* but I take that as a good sign. Guess need now to extend some runs 2-3 miles will only get you so far

What: parkrun in 28;18
    Why: its Saturday
    Last Hard: That ↑
    Lyrics No

• LMH here on OH's laptop and login.

Good running Alehouse and Pammie - nice to see those improvements.

Chickadeee - 15C isn't so good when you're wet and riding a bike but to be honest I could live with that - it's the heavy rain that's causing the angst. Mark is talking about not racing as he thinks it could be too risky so close to our A race. Never having raced on the Shiv (new bike) or ridden it in the wet - let alone on my race wheels - I think I'll be happy to finish with all my skin!