Sunday 28th July 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - I can't sleep tonight

Morning. Woken by the sound of torrential rain - and yesterday was such a lovely day - ideal for racing. Don't know what, if anything, the race organisers will be able to do, roads are flooding and transition was an open field. Difficult to know what to do - if there's a race to do I shall do it but if there isn't the weather is too foul to even go out for a long run in really so don't want to continue with the carb loading!

What:             who knows.
Why:              see above.
Last hard:      listening to the rain bouncing down.
Last rest:       only did 20 minutes on the bike yesterday.

Yesterday's lyrics were Fatal Hesitation by Chris De Burgh.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning LMH. Hope the rain calms down and your race goes ahead with ok conditions.

What: possibly a swim (or some time at the open air pool, not necessarily doing many lengths!).
    Why: still too hot (though cloudy too at the moment)
    Last hard: yesterday, that run knocked me sideways for the whole day.  Fell asleep in the afternoon for an hour, then slept for 11 hours last night!
    Last rest: 21/7
    Lyrics: nope.

Friday's lyrics were: can't get used to losing you - Andy Williams, forgot to post it yesterday!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all, 
    had a bit of rain last night (light drizzle) but warm again today.
    LMH- hope something goes ahead today, best of luck..
    What - hopefully an hour later
    why - trying to get back into the groove. 
    last rest - most of the last 2 weeks
    last hard - all of them at the moment
    lyric - possibly

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

oh dear LMH, that sounds pretty grim image

hope things will calm down and enable you to have a safe race!

hard running there em, no wonder you were wiped...

well raced, pammie image

what: 4 easy miles

why: too hot for more

last hard: being forced to take it easy all week ...

last rest: Monday

lyrics: no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics: no

Wonder how RFJ found the Thunder Run. And talking of thunder, lots of it overnight plus some of the bright flashing stuff. Lots of puddles! Sun out now, but lots more rain on the way...obviously a Test Match starting a couple of miles away on Thursday.

What: 15 mins slow
    Why: being careful...legs feel battered from Friday.

Enjoy whatever you do, LMH!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • We woke this morning to torrential rain, 29mph wind and localised flooding. Drove to register though Mark had already decided that he wasn't going to race. The organisers said that they'd tell us of any changes to the bike course (due to the flooding) at the race briefing at 0935hrs so we came back, had another coffee and tried to work out how I could keep my bike and run shoes dry. Put my wetsuit half on an Mark drove me back - only to find that the race had been cancelled. I must admit that half of me was glad - conditions were very bad - but the other half disappointed as I had decided to race come what may. I was so tapered, fuelled and full of adrenalin that Mark sent me out for a run - even though it's still lashing rain and driving wind. Definitely the right thing to do - 10 miles run across fields and round country lanes sometimes ankle deep (or more) in water - in an average of 8.02's. I feel so much better for it!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Well done LMH, that's a great run - sounds refreshing!

10 miles for me also today, 70:49, really good.

I'm down in the Dunoon area to watch the Inverkip chimney being demolished tonight - it's Scotland's tallest free-standing building and it's an iconic Clyde image.  Are you watching tonight, Birks?

• Evening

What 10.82
    Why assessing niggles
    Lyrics No

Gutted about your IM LMH. Given the training you put in and all the logistics etc. a binned tri must be worse than a binned marathon. Will it be rescheduled and do you have a fall back event?

Ran 10+ this morning. Better than before but not perfect. Ho Hum.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening! Quiet!

Pammie: apologies, I meant to comment on your parkrun! Indeed, I thought I had. Glad you are disappointed! A good sign! As you know, the key is consistent consistency! Hope you are able to get into a consistent pattern with work, and the consistent training will follow. I'm not working now until September and I can see a lot of the consistency disappearing already! Key days will be getting down to the club on Tues/Thurs on a regular basis.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.