Cycling accessories

2»

Comments

• fat buddha wrote (see)
    2wheels wrote (see)
    Britrisky wrote (see)

Multi tool - it can wait, but if you're going to get one, make sure it has a chain splitter on it, and later on you might consider carrying a couple of power links in case the chain goes

Personally I'd recomend seperate chain tool and multitool, it'll work out cheaper and get a better quality chaintool.

But in all seriousness, why on earth has no one mentioned that the OP needs multiple sets of race wheels to compliment the course and conditions?

personally I'd recommend fitting powerlinks/quicklinks as you don't need a chain tool then in an emergency.  

How do you figure that out?  Having a powerlink fitted in no way negates the need for a chain tool.

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    Intermanaut wrote (see)
    fat buddha wrote (see)
    2wheels wrote (see)
    Britrisky wrote (see)

Multi tool - it can wait, but if you're going to get one, make sure it has a chain splitter on it, and later on you might consider carrying a couple of power links in case the chain goes

Personally I'd recomend seperate chain tool and multitool, it'll work out cheaper and get a better quality chaintool.

But in all seriousness, why on earth has no one mentioned that the OP needs multiple sets of race wheels to compliment the course and conditions?

personally I'd recommend fitting powerlinks/quicklinks as you don't need a chain tool then in an emergency.  

How do you figure that out?  Having a powerlink fitted in no way negates the need for a chain tool.

I meant in an emergency while out on the bike if you need to take the chain off.

sure, if a chain snaps at some other point or you need to stick a powerlink into a standard chain setup to start with you will need a chain tool, but for most scenarios a powerlink negates the need to carry a chain tool while riding.

• The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

Think about 4 times is the normal amount people fall off before getting used to clips

It took me a little longer to get used to them, my o/h used to worry about my falls, she just finds it highly amusing now, although I have managed to stay upright for the last few weeks, its only been 8 months with my clipless image