Monday 29th July 2013

emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

Lyrics: Got a wife and kids in baltimore jack
I went out for a ride and I never went back

What: yoga and probably a 5 km
Why: last yoga class of course, and need to fit in the runs as Dad visiting this weekend
Last hard: Saturday
Last rest: yesterday, though I did cycle to the pool and do some lengths, and cycle back, but it was definitely not strenuous

LMH sorry to hear about yesterday, sounds like you got a good run in.
RFJ how was the Thunder run?

Have a good one all.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Why Does It Always Rain On Me by Travis.

postie - no chance of it being rearranged I'm afraid and everything I could find until 18th August (to give me time to recover before the full) is sold out though I did email to ask about waiting lists and transfers so fingers crossed.

It was a good run emzap - laughing as the wind threw the rain at me which was like being stabbed by hundreds of needles at times, splashing through the ankle deep water, scaring the sheep - a real 'good to be alive' run. Any cooler at your end now? Our summer seems to have ended.

I guess RFJ is catching up on his sleep!

Nice to have you back dustin.

What:            LSR
    Why:             Mark wants to/showers forecast from 1000hrs so not good for riding
    Last hard:     having the race cancelled
    Last rest:      22/7

Lyrics - sure do.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    I think this rain has by-passed the south, aside from a 4 minute shower yesterday I don't think it rained at all...
    what - 4 easy lunchtime, committee meeting tonight
    why - yesterday's hour was a struggle...
    last rest - last 2 weeks
    last hard - last 59 minutes yesterday...
    lyric - no idea

have a great day

• Morning you lot.

LMH: Cracking lyrics for yesterday

Kind of lost my running motivation last week.

Occasionally it happens.

Cobwebs blown away by an easy run this morning. It felt very slow.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics: I know the singer but not the title, and should have got yesterday's. And today's are appropriate in that daughter has just this minute taken off for four weeks in the States with friends.

What: 20 mins easy, perhaps
    Why: legs still struggling after Friday's race, plus another physical day of painting etc

Glad the cobwebs have been blown away, Birks.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning ale: Cheers mate.image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Thunder Run was Bliddy hard, words cannot describe the varring conditions

The strapline for the team at TR24 was Podium or Die.... we did both... a mixed team of  5, the 1st 2 laps I did were blistering hot, then the rain came in making the technical trail nigh on impossible to run on so had 3 more laps to contend with the mud / gloop. Each lap was just over 6m.... splits tell the big story... 44:42 / 44:32 / 51:29 (night) / 57:56 (night) / 55:42.

We were hovering between 2 and 3 in the early stages, but once the rain hit the top 3 did not change and we were far enough ahead of the 4th placed team not to do another lap at the end (saving me from going out) - legs completely mashed, it was like bambi on ice in the mud, knees are a mess.... but who cares, we got 3rd place and a podium finish.

Take care

• Well done RFJ.

Glad your mojo has come back from its holiday birks.

18.5 miles for me with Mark mostly along the coastal path so another cracking, beautiful mainly cross country run. Legs were amazingly good considering yesterday's ten too - though they appreciated a paddle afterwards - and I've struck lucky with entries for another HIM on 18th August.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Well done RFJ

Good news LMH image

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Just 4 miles for me today, felt good in 28:20.  Lyrics - nope!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Excellent, RFJ! Nice to hear you got on the podium!

Sounds great LMH: I take it you like the area!

Pouring here and wanting to go for my run: it will have to wait a bit!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Just over 3 miles in very sticky weather.  Only 25C today, but still treacle like.  Only going to get hotter as the week progresses.  First 2 felt really good, then by the last one I could tell I'd had a hard run Sat!  However, spilts pretty even, so pleased with that.

• It's beautiful Alehouse - only gripe is the lack of gf provision.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

What: 25 mins slow.

Why: easy day...but still found it a struggle