Another chunky newbie

Hi

Just a quick post to introduce myself and make my intentions known. I was introduced to the world of triathlons by my wife, and despite being on the chunky side and having never been particularly athletic, I've been bitten by the bug. Always enjoyed cycling and swimming (though only ever swam recreationally), and after being roped into doing the Great North Run last year, discovered the whilst hard work, running could actually be quite rewarding.

Well, after failing to train properly for the GNR, I did my knee in and the running lapsed. I entered the First of the Summer Tri in Holmfirth earlier this year though, which I did on my mountain bike (that was interesting!), and also did the bike and run legs of the Ullswater tri t'other week (the runner in our relay had to pull out). Ok, so I walked most of it, but I did it and the triathlon bug just bit a little deeper.

I've also recenty read Can't Swim, Can't Ride, Can't Run. Between taking part in events and the book, I've decided this is a sport I need to continue with. I could do with shedding a few pounds and boosting my fitness. So I've now got a shiny new road bike (Cube Peloton Pro) and signed up to do the Hartside Duathlon in October. My original aim was to get myself ready for a full olympic distance next year, but I seem to find my attention keeps being dragged to Ironman events....

The wife's got a lot to answer for...

Comments