Tuesday 30th July 2013

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning! Just!

Lyrics are: Start spreading the news;
I am leaving today

What: as yet undecided
Why: a guy that I used to run with at uni, and indeed shared a house with, is coming to stay. He still runs, but how much and how fast I have no idea. We will just have to see what transpires.

Had an email from my daughter: arrived safely in New York and ensconced in an apartment for a few days until she flies to LA.

Wondering where Wabo, NZC and OH  are, amongst others.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Hi alehouse, I'm alive and kicking, been just posting on the over 60 thread.

Hope you have a good catch up with your old friend. Sounds like your daughter is having fun.

What: Bushtracks with Mae - very misty.

Why: had a rest day yesterday.

Last hard: Saturday Cornwall Parkrun 24.27 and then another 5km race up a small mountain/hill - must be crazy!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Yesterday's lyrics: Bruce Springsteen, Hungry heart

Hello NZC good to have you back image

What: bauch power = core session of pain...
    Why: it's Tuesday
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: yes 

• Morning again

What:3M Easy

Why :Getting back into the swing of things.

Great lyrics yesterday

NZC: Good to have you back,

Catch of over coffee and toast soon.

Back later

• Yes to todays lyrics. image

• Good to see you NZC.

Alehouse - OH is on holiday.

Glad your daughter arrived safely. Hope you have a nice time with your friend.

What:             middling bike ride
    Why:              rain due to come in at lunchtime/legs need a rest from running
    Last hard:      not when it should have been
    Last rest:       22/7

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMHimage

donaldo: When do you go back ? Our schools go back 2 weeks today. I see the big Inverkip Power Station Tower has been demolished !

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    well done rfj at the thunder run, all that training effortd (doubles) paying off!
    what - 5 or 6 easy lunchtime, maybe club session later but more likely U11 coaching instead.
    why - its what I do
    last rest - saturday
    last hard - sunday
    lyric - easy

Florida like storms yesterday evening, dunno where they came from...garden appreciated it

• Got a Puma Long Sleeved Technical Top last week for just £2.50 (down from £20)  in our local Co-op.

Weird as our Co-op never usually stocks any sports wear image

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

LMH: that was a fine 10 miler on Sunday. And glad to see you found a replacement event. Well done on your long run also image

RFJ: nice bling at TR. Must have been festival atmosphere what with the mud image

Nice running there, NZC.

what: 9 easy miles
    why: Garmin battery flat
    last hard: sleeping
    last rest: 22/7
    lyrics: hell yeah!

• Been selected to do a stewarding course for next years Commonwealth Games.image

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

birkmyre - I was over in Innellan watching it - got a good video of it coming down and a few 'before and after' pics.  Was quite a big event!  Great news on the Commonwealth games stewarding - very exciting! image

4 miles today with a slightly different session than normal.  Did 8 x 1 minute fast with the focus on speed.  2 mins recovery with each one.  Managed to get a good pace going, covering either 0.20 or 0.21 miles in each rep, which translates to 4:40 - 5:00 pace.  Legs were pretty much like jelly on the last two!

• donaldo: Yeah really pleased re Stewarding.

Must have been some sight. It'll be a bit weird when going down that way the next time.

A bit like going to Port Glasgow after 'Goliath' the giant crane in Lithgows old shipyard had been demolished. I grew up seeing that massive crane from my house.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Will you be getting us all tickets Birks?image

what: 3Salford ns slow

why:uni friend's pace

plus 3 hours or so walking round old haunts and showIng him Salford Quays

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.