Wednesday 31 July 2013

emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

Lyrics: Just shoot for the stars if it feels right

What: 13.5 km later on, if it's not too hot
Why: easy week in training plan for the M word
Last hard: Saturday
Last rest: Sunday

Managed to walk into the wrong class at the gym last  night, 15 minutes before it ended.  All the clocks were wrong and the class times were all messed up, a little embarrassing!  Did mean I got the end of some strength class and the whole of my core class though!

Have a good one. 

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning!
    Don - nice reps yesterday!
    what - 4 easy later
    why - double yesterday: did 6m tempo at lunchtime ~44 minutes, then made club session and schedule was 4x1800m, with 300 recoveries. I jogged 3 reps, but in total another 5-6 miles including the warm up/cool down.
    last rest - saturday
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - I think so...

• Warm and sunny one again up hereimage

What:3M Steady mostly off road,

Why: My legs are slowly getting used to being back out.

emzap: Not sure of todays lyrics.

Dustin: Good session.

Coffee calling so catch up soon.

Back later,

• ale: Just wait and seeimage

• Morning.

Slightly flakey internet connection is making my posting more sporadic than it would otherwise be even on holiday.

birks - great news about the stewarding course - and getting back into your running.

Nice double dustin.

Hope your weather cools enough to be comfortable emzap. No worries about the heat here though it is a lovely bright morning.

Hope your enjoying catching up with your friend Alehouse.

My ride yesterday was awful. Head just wasn't in it from the start and I couldn't raise my HR - usually a good sign that I'm tired though I feel I've been eating much more than usual and sleeping as well as I would at home. We did just one loop of what would have been the tri course and it made me especially grateful that they hadn't run the race - some of the surfaces were awful, my rear bottle bounced out at one point (and the bottle holder is new so very tight), some of the pot holes were over six inches deep and would have been hidden in the floods and some of the descents a little technical even in the dry. This has shaken my confidence a little to say the least (I only have the TT bike and race wheels with me due to logistics) but now that I have an entry to another HIM on the 18th I need to fit another century ride in. Today is the best day weather forecast wise so it's back on the horse, or in this case the Shiv - I may be gone some time.

What:               long ride
    Why:                need the miles
    Last hard:        yesterday was much harder than it should have been
    Last rest:         22/7

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH: Cheers, sorry about your ride yesterday

Just started reading Scott Jureks book 'Eat and Run'.

Finding it a good read, I didn't know what to expect to be honest

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

What: either rest or 20 mins easy
    Why: "good" calf (i.e. not the Achilles op one) is a little niggly. Legs still not used to being back out!

Lyrics: no

Birks: the Scott Jurek book is on my "to read" list.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Little Miss Happy - good luck with the ride - don't know how you triathletes do it!

Dustin - tough double yesterday.

Alehouse - hope your calf settles down.

What: 9km easy with friend - usual Wednesday run.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

OH dear LMH - sounds like you need a break rather than more miles ... ouch!

nice double, Dustin

birks: wow, stewarding sounds great

what: 10 miles of shit running
    why: was supposed to do 5 of it as tempo, but heart wasn't in it so I bottled it after 3 feeling very sorry for myself
    last hard: today
    last rest 22/7
    lyrics: no

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Hello just a quickie back in the land of the living momentarily  work tonight, which has been crazy

Birks - I have that book just need to read it now.

Back to normality tomorrow

• chickadeee - you got the miles in, sometimes it's just not your day - yesterday was mine but what a difference today - 100 miles faster than I've ever ridden the distance outside of a race and comfy as a comfy thing in comfortsville - go figure (not that I'm complaining!).

What did you think of the Brownlee's book birks?

NZC - it just comes down to relentless forward motion image What's next for you race wise?

Hope the leg settles quickly Alehouse.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon

What 10ish commute
    Why Been missing
    Lyrics No

Nice ride LMH. Glad you sot an alternative sorted.

We must be leading the same running life Chick!

Left the bike at work yestrerday to force me into some running miles. Went out for 10 comfortable but started to put the foot down after 5 in a tempo style. Managed 3 and a bit before I called it a day. Hope the faster miles speed up as I wasn't able to quite make target mp though I have a couple of months to work on it.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

What: 12 (minutes that is)
    Why: just a gentle stretch of the legs to loosen them before stretching. That reminds me...must stretch.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Hello. Saw this, and it made me think of you lot. image

EDIT: not because yours are bad! Just thought you'd like it.

• Little Miss happy - say it quick - "100 miles" - amazing - so when is your Ironman event?

Not sure what I am going to do next - usually just jump into things - not very organised.

Chickadee - 10 miles is 10 miles - good stuff.

Postie - better to listen to your body and live to run another day.

Lyrics - no!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Lit: thanks for that! Enjoyed it. And stick around!!