Options

Paris Marathon 2014

yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

So, where is this race then?  Any good?

Comments

• Options

Woohoo..   gosh..  it looks so big and empty in here...

• Options

Noted, and bookmarked. Morning all.

• Options

This feels a bit like our apartment..

• Options

hey Maus..   have you relocated to Brussels now, or doing some kind of long-distance commute..?

• Options

So clean and new ..... Lets DIRTY it up

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

No no....this is the clean, OCD thread....

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
  • Options

Morning all. Maus is pretending to live in Brussels for a while but she really does have to go back to do some work in IOM on Sunday. She can't go until I've taken her for a good run in the forests nearby though...

Anyway, she saved my sanity yesterday. I managed to pour a cup of tea straight into the keyboard of my 4 week old laptop (nice gift from Maus). Gobsmackingly bad finding is that Belgian insurances do not cover accidental damage. She did a great job at keeping me calm and not telling me what a big eejit I was. Lovely woman.

Right, given this is page 1 of a new thread and there will definitely be some people attempting to read this from beginning to end looking for advice. here's a few things that ought to be said:

1) This is the best place to find English language information on the Paris Marathon.  There are people on this thread who have been running or going there for years and years. Many come back as the race is a firm favourite, many people just keep coming back to this thread because it is funny and full of kind and helpful people. It doesn't really matter what the reason is, just try to be nice with one another.

2) There are many old jokes and personalities knocking around. Don't be scared or put off. Newbies are VERY welcome. Just introduce yourself and hop right in. It's unlikely that your question has never been asked before but don't be afraid. We were all new here once.

3) Sometimes we talk about running. Often we don't. Marathon training can be long, hard and intensive. Sometimes we specifically deal with related subjects but often we need to blow off steam or have a look at the saddder/ funnier bits of life. Don't get offended if people start talking about the Bristol Stool Chart. It's a crappy joke.

4) This is not FIGHT CLUB. Who the heck is Tyler Durden anyway?

5) Real men do bandage their tits. It's official*

*Phraseology copyright from Paris Marathon programme runner's guide.

ENJOY image  (PS. It's probably not worth reading the whole thread. Just go to the last page, introduce yourself, ask a question, get stuck in. It could save several hours of your life).

• Options

Good morningimage

As this will be my 1st marathon, I will keep a close eye on this page.  No one has managed to put me off so far!

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭

LL2 - "Oh but you will be !" .  Not really but there are some references to Star Wars.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Don't worry LL.....we're marathon runners, we have endurance....image

• Options

Knock, knock. Room for one more?

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Room for one more who ?

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

*pulls up chair*

Morning all. I already feel at home!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Liversedge Lesley2 wrote (see)

Good morningimage

As this will be my 1st marathon, I will keep a close eye on this page.  No one has managed to put me off so far!

Welcome Lesley! Paris is very newbie friendly and this bunch are a lovely crowd to do it with.

• Options

Happy Yorkshire Day Lesley!

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Oooooh DLR you're not D any more.  Did you get a shower?

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    yer_maj wrote (see)

New Thread, New Rob !  Surely nothing to do with the lovely Lesley ???  

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Everybody's getting sheep dipped before they set foot onto this sparkly, new, unsullied thread....

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

As there will be lots of lovely people in the thread hope you dont mind me joining although I doubt I will be running it again this time. If I dont get in to London then it is definitely an option.

LL - Paris was my first marathon and I loved it. Thought it would be my one and only marathon but think I might have caught the bug!

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Morning all.   Like the new abode.

MrsD and I celebrated our 25th anniversary yesterday.  Both son's were in town and that was the best present.  No running today - have to drive the eldest offspring's newy aquired furniture to his place in Nashville.

• Options
    Emmy H wrote (see)

*pulls up chair*

Can we put our feet on the coffee table?

PC91 wrote (see)

Room for one more who ?

Doctor Who! Oh, hang on, wrong punchline.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)
    Emmy H wrote (see)

*pulls up chair*

No "we" fecking can't.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Flamin' heck Tucker - we're already on page 2!

Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

2) There are many old jokes and personalities knocking around.

That'll be me thenimage

Good to see that Leeds Rob has cleaned up his act for the new forum.

Could somebody point me to the bench, I was getting a bit fed up with the old one,

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Weedy's painting the new 2014 bench.  If you sit on it just now you'll get a stripy arse.

• Options

It's not nearly messy enough in here for my liking. Shouldn't we have some kind of party so we can get the furniture good and broken?

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    PC91 wrote (see)
    yer_maj wrote (see)

New Thread, New Rob !  Surely nothing to do with the lovely Lesley ???  

Ooh - DLR is starting the new thread by changing his name. Shall we all do it? 

yer_maj wrote (see)
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)
    Emmy H wrote (see)

*pulls up chair*

No "we" fecking can't.

Thank you *tight squeeze*

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    Emmy H wrote (see)

Ooh - DLR is starting the new thread by changing his name. Shall we all do it? 

I tried to do that, I wanted to drop the 91 but there is already a PC. image I did think about DPC but that's not a road I want to tread. Or choose a symbol like TAFKAP !

What about you ? Emmy Gonzalez !

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

Um, anybody would think you are all tapering already!

• Options

Ohhh a new thread!!  Where have all my bookmarks gone?  Havent posted on here for ages...  How is everyone?!  Blazing hot here and me just about to go to Croatia... not been there before..congrats to TD and Maus are in order by the looks of things image

What's happened to the Dirty then Rob?

From what I can recall entry for 2014 is in September?