Music!

Hi,

I've been running for about 5 years now - and have run a few 10ks.  Just recently my eldest son gave me his old IPod and suggested I listened to music whilst running.  Bearing in mind I've never listened to music while running before, and go out approximately 2 times per week for 30-45 minutes per run.  I originally did my runs alone, but after a couple of years I've been joined by my husband and our dog!  Now I feel safe enough to run with music in my ears - before I thought I wouldn't be so alert to any dangers, but it's been such great fun.  Did my first run to music this week and loved it.  Today I've been looking on the web for ideas/sites...and came across this site:http://jog.fm/  Gives you a list of suitable beats per minute songs which you can pick and obviously run to after downloading.  Love it!!!   Certainly a new dimension for me...how easily pleased and sad I am.  Just thought I'd share that 'find' (the website) with you image 

Comments

• Does your husband mind you listening to music when you run with him ? Whats wrong with chatting ?
  • XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Maybe the husband prompted the son to gift the iPod image

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I would consider it a bit (well, more than a bit) rude if I was running with someone and they stuck their earphones in.

Do you wear your earphones while you're having dinner with your husband?

• I tend to run with music, only for training runs, and short ones at that. Races..big no no..see about a million threads on that one, but running with your partner and music. What's the point?? Might as well go out by yourself if your going to be that unsociable.

• What if the dog wanted to tell you that someone had fallen down a mineshaft?

• ipods & MP3 Players. 

The organisers have no objections to these being worn, it is proved they can enhance your running experience however great care should be taken when in the vicinity of traffic.

www.firefighterscharity.org.uk

• Sussex Runner NLR wrote (see)

What if the dog wanted to tell you that someone had fallen down a mineshaft?

It would keep stopping and pointing wouldn't it?  Like Lassie?

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

One would assume that the dog isn't also wearing an iPod so it isn't as if Mr Hazel wouldn't have anyone to talk to image

• Some funny and quite unexpected responses to my post lol.

Thanks everyone - very entertaining!  Although I think some people need to take a chill pill  Does make me chuckle though..  I have run ONCE with ear phones in....and I am being terribly rude?!  Husband doesn't mind at all and the music wasn't so loud I couldn't chat if I wanted to. 

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Diane, you can put your comments to me on the forum, you know, not just in a PM:

Dianehazel02/08/2013 09:18

Thanks for your positive response - hopefully you never run with anyone with earphones in - how dreadfully rude of anyone do that!  What my husband and I do has nothing to do with you lol 

What your husband and you do is your business, but you DID raise this issue on a public forum, and that tends to draw comment from other forum users.  You won't necessarily like everything they have to say!

• That's a bizarre response Diane. You come on a public forum and say it has nothing to do with someone who reads it. I can't think of a stranger thing to say on here.

• And even stranger to end it with lolimage

• Sussex Runner - I am saying that what my husband and I do has nothing to do with anyone else in my reply to Wilkie. I'm laughing because I can't believe someone being so negative about something I posted regarding a site I found to find music for beats to the minute music.  Please re read my comment and post!  I find it bizzarre and strange you can't read posts and comments correctly before posting.

• Wilkie  - "Diane, you can put your comments to me on the forum, you know, not just in a PM:" 

No, I will PM you if the facility is available and I want to!  I won't tell others what to do with their choices of post and really, to be honest, neither should you.

Wilkie: "What your husband and you do is your business, but you DID raise this issue on a public forum, and that tends to draw comment from other forum users.  You won't necessarily like everything they have to say!"

Of course I won't like everything people have to say - whoever does? I don't mind jokey comments which are entertaining or postive criticism. But as for personal and negative criticism,i.e. someone being rude to me when all I've done is posted about a site I've found re beats per minute....well I think there is no call for that.  There is no cause to be personal or negatively critical re my post, but I guess it certainly does attract that type of  comment from some people, doesn't it.

• Just wanted to say - thank you everyone for all your comments, even the negative, rude and personal - but most of all the entertaining and funny!  Thanks for those who posted funny comments - I do have a sense of humour and you made me smile....but......

I never realised that I would get so much criticism and negativity from some people on here all over a post about a site I've found re running to music which I thought, perhaps some people might like to try out as the one time I've run to music, and I intend to again, it made the running experience much easier (if that's the word?) and just nicer, and seemed to help performance.  I kind of thought I would get a few comments along the lines of "thanks, I'll take a look at that site" or maybe some recommendations/advice re other sites, etc.   Surprise, surprise! lol.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Who is Diane? Have I missed something?

I wonder if the dog wears an IPod? Now that would cause a debate.
  • XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

The dog is a serious runner...  He wouldn't listen to an iPod image

• Millsy. I think Diane is the passive agressive ABCDEFH lol image