Sat 3rd Jan

13»

Comments

• nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Good Evening everyone,

What: 59 mins run at LT-10 for about 6.5 miles (9.1 m/m).
    Why: BT.
    Last hard: 2003
    Last rest: 7 days ago.
    MPW(Sun): 50 miles

Was going to take today as a rest day but BR on the BT thread and Pantman inspired me to run. Had a super run today. Whilst BT'ing along at 140 bpm three Essex Lager Louts decided to run with me.
    " 'Ere mate! Yer a bit slow!", they hollered and sped off. I'm really sorry to all BT-die-hards but I saw red. I increased the Pose cadence, raised my ankles higher to the bum and to their surprise, quickly caught them up. They tried to run harder by heel-striking like a herd of elephants. I shifted up a gear by leaning forward, running became much lighter as the body lifted up, the footfalls fell silently on the balls-of-feet and just accelerated harder. A bit like a hydrofoil. Whilst cruising away they gave up and gasped "F***ING HELL MATE! Awwwwright, You win!". Max HR was 170bpm but soon recovered back to 140.

Absolute Joy.

NRG-B

NRG-B
  • NRG-B, I guess the real difference was either;
    they didn't wear their red underpants on the outside
    they bought designer/ non running trainers

BTW, I have just discovered how much tissue it takes to dry out a keyboard covered in G'n'T

Also, in spite of Monique identifying band and lyrics, I am still no wiser, is it an age thing?
  • Legs
    Tip your keyboard upside down on a towel

(ive never spilt gin on mine BTW)
  • Guess you drink like you run Hips - too fast!
  • What:3.5 miles - only 8 minute miling, but felt pretty tired as it is the furthest I've run since early November (11 miles so far this week)

Why: I've been poorly and haven't been able to train for weeks. Guess I'll be missing the county champs tomorrow!

Its good to be running again.
  • Ta Hippo. Mmmmm..... G&T......

Purely medicinal of course - those 15 miles hurt! (especially the last 4)
  • and there was me thinking that a 'Gin Swerve' was some new cocktail...
  • Gin is to be glugged

sigh

oh roll on monday
  • NRG, brilliant! Glad you got out and ran and showed those lout a clean pair of heels.

Wales? What part of England is that in then?

Monique, bright blue vest as in picture. When Nettle Lover posts you get a better view on his picture. Will look out for you at half way then. You doing Brass Monkeys?
  • Tee hee, bravo NRG.

A whole wretched week at a time hippo?
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Naughty BR!:o) We are a very proud nation, right WP?!

Angelis-it's a temp change because I'm a dragon on the Chinese Calender and Welsh, very apt don't you think?
  • yes
    a whole week at a time

im proud to be part welsh too
  • Monique, thanks for the welcome.

I am fairly local to you, run with Keighley and Craven AC, did leg 5 of CWR for K&C B team.

I'll try and keep posting, as a relative newcomer i'm absolutely amazed how massive the forum is.

Thanks again.

• Hilly I am also a Dragon on Chinese year so what do I call myself being English apart from St.George
  • @y H$**. 11K of mud, twists, turns and small hills. Gut wrenching. Impossible to hit a rhythm. Boy am I glad I did it.

B'Runner if you are still about I run for Loftus Athletics.

I hear you thinking "where's that?"
  • OK, how about 15 miles north of Whitby
  • Is that still Yorkshire - must be near to Cleveland.

How did you get on in the race? Beat your rivals? Who won it?
  • We are now able to write our addresses as -
    North Yorkshire or
    Cleveland or
    Redcar and Cleveland - I could go on.

The race was a brute, a step up in class from what I am used to (North Yorkshire/South Durham league). I think I managed to stay above the last 100 in a race of 350 very fit individuals.

No idea who won it. All I could do was get changed, drink and eat. I'll get the results of team coach tomorrow.
  • Well done then. Character building I think they call it:)
  • It will make the NYSD meet in Whitby (at least ten minutes less running) next Sunday a bit interesting. Rivals that I knew I did beat. 6 runners passed me on the last half lap. I was very tired - no sprint finish at all :(

I think one more beer and I will be rehydrated and happy(ish)
  • 83 entries already! - another busy day. Evening all.

Well done all those did were X-Cing on a chilly and Stygian day.

what: 6.7K at just better than 7 minute mile pace
    why: taking things cautiously, with critical long run tomorrow

last hard day: last year
    last rest day: Thu

Still not sure I'm completely out of the woods so far as this cold/bug thing is concerned. Dry now, but throat never seems quite clear; and felt only about 90% for much of the afternoon.
    Took quite a mental effort to get out - though felt better once I'd got to halfway and could come back home downwind.

Tomorrow's long run (with the usual Sunday 3 mile off-road hors d'oeuvre with Matthew beforehand) goes ahead nonetheless.......

• MikeB , Whats this unemployed thing !!, I call it resting between employment !!

I meant to do an easy jog today but ended up doing 10 miles xc with a few efforts . (not so easy)

Just done 85 miles in 8 days which although not in BR's league is a hell of a lot for me and proper marathon/ultra training hasnt even started yet!!!

Plan to do an easy hour tomorrow . Unless its sunny then I'll do more (Hows that for structured training ?)
  • Well I'm, wrecked, totalty!!!!

My race report may have to wait until tomorrow!!!
    but I got through it in one piece, but am now well gone, thanks to myself, snail, Mr snail & Soo B Doo!!!

58th this year 27th last year!

Oh well I can only get better, but after recent illness I'm happy enough.
    18 years in a row is an achivement, next year I want sub 30 again!!

The County XC is important to me, I live to fight another year!

Tim