Salisbury 5-4-3-2-1 Trail Marathon

Comments

• what are the "Final Joining Instructions"???

• mordomordo ✭✭✭

hi all. i did this yeas ago and cannot remember the terrain. i am just coming back to fitness and have done little off road stuff. can i get away with road shoes as i have not really broken in any trail shoes to go 30k with?

• GeeeMGeeeM ✭✭✭

Thanks Millsy - I like the idea of "random food" image As I said, I will eat just about anything!

Not bothered about water - that seems to be sorted, so will probably just pack some emergency rations to keep me going just in case!

Unless the weather changes drastically it'll be road shoes for me.

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Hi Mordo

Sorry, no idea what the terrain is like but I will also be running the Marathon in road shoes, so you won't be the only one.

I'm running in road shoes as I don't even have trail shoes...
  • Road shoes will be fine as long as rain holds off

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    At the yew tree forest, you have to see it to believe it, so ill leave it for you to look forward to on Sunday, there was a table of lardy cake available. other ones had chocolate, jelly beans , sweets etc on offer but in random order.
  • SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

The weather is now forecast to be dry image 

Just out of interest will you be wearing a cassock 'TheVicar'? I will be disappointed if you do not... but either way, good you could get the day off image 

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Maybe we will get the sermon at the start.
  • SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    Millsy1977 wrote (see)
    Maybe we will get the sermon at the start.

Or the end.....  WHAT TIME DO YOU CALL THIS????? (I still remember getting that 'sermon' from my mum!).

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    As long as god doesn't judge me on poor pacing I should be ok.
  • Lol, no just the jesus sandals I am afraid. However I will be offering Baptisms in the moat at Longford Castle... fiver a go!

Trust me being a trainee Vicar and a runner is harder than you think with all the Sunday races. I kind of have to blag it, but this time the Incumbant who is my boss has to come back off holiday to cover for lol So I feel a bit guilty.....but not too much!

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    Millsy1977 wrote (see)
    As long as god doesn't judge me on poor pacing I should be ok.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone....

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    TheVicar wrote (see)

Lol, no just the jesus sandals I am afraid. However I will be offering Baptisms in the moat at Longford Castle... fiver a go!

Trust me being a trainee Vicar and a runner is harder than you think with all the Sunday races. I kind of have to blag it, but this time the Incumbant who is my boss has to come back off holiday to cover for lol So I feel a bit guilty.....but not too much!

I will be looking out for you!

But I will not need a baptism; a small miracle would be nice though if you have any knocking about? I was thinking a PB?

I will be wearing a white North Devon Road Runners top if anyone wants to hurl encouragement or abuse.

• Bless you Sideburn, God will make his face shine upon you and miracles can happen but you are stretching it with a PB I think!

I'll be in a bright orange barefoot britain t shirt, blue jesus creepers and black shorts sporting a Salomon back pack

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I havent decided 100% on my kit yet but will probably go for my blue Marathon Talk 26.2 T-Shirt. If its sunny I will also have my sunglasses on as well.

Starting to get taper madness now as I havent done any serious hard / long runs for 5 days. I dont know what to do with all my spare time!
  • Last 5K done today, not much more to do other than feet up and look forward to Sunday.

Vicar, I'm guaranteed a PB as my first Ultra but can you say a prayer for less pain in the last 10k image

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    had a rest day yesterday and today as per training plan. Made some biccys out of boredom yesterday, and obviously its hard to resist them... telling myself I need the energy for Sunday image. Light 10-20 mins jog for me tomorrow and then Race Day! looking forward to it!

Have race kit sorted unless weather will be really horrible.
  • GeeeMGeeeM ✭✭✭

Tapering? I've done 35 this week already, got a 20-mile fell race in the Brecon Beacons tomorrow,then the 54321 rounds off the week to a nice 85 miles image

My dad is a vicar, it's a tough old life! happy running all, and catch you on Sunday - I'll be the one hobbling around before we begin - i'll need some sort of miracle to finish after this week...

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    GeeeM, you seriously make me feel very lazy now, not having been for a run for 2 days and eating biscuitsimage

Happy running tomorrow and see you on Sunday.
  • There's some mighty miles kicking around in this thread! My 30k on Sunday will be my longest ever run. Volunteering at Poole parkrun tomorrow so will jog there and back and then I'll be packing my kit bag! Probably not be taking my hydration vest as its probably overkill if its not hot, thinking SPI belt for my phone and car keys and rely on the water stations. 

Jindalee pass over the biccies please image

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Morning guys image

Tomorrow! really excited now.

Frogbmth, help yourself, most of them are having chocolate now too

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m539/jindalee1/photo2.jpg

If you see me after the race tomorrow I should have some with me you could have the real thing image
  • SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    TheVicar wrote (see)

Bless you Sideburn, God will make his face shine upon you and miracles can happen but you are stretching it with a PB I think!

I'll be in a bright orange barefoot britain t shirt, blue jesus creepers and black shorts sporting a Salomon back pack

Much appreciated; I hope it goes well for you too!

• See you all tomorrow!  I'll be the middle aged lady in a South Molton Strugglers vest floundering along at the back!

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Just been on a very easy 30 min jog and the signs have all been put out on the course.

Perfect weather for summer running if it stays like this.

Going to put my feet up for the rest of the day and watch the cricket.

See everyone in the morning!
  • Thanks for the update @Millsy - the weather is looking pretty much perfect.

Nice biscuits @jindalee, I'll definately have to try and find you tomorrow.

Good luck folks, have a great run, maybe see some of you there! (50R23 - fluro yellow trainers and black shorts.  Havent doen the washing yet so not sure what colour top!)

PS any last minute tips for a cold!?

• I'll be looking for you all, I'll be in a red Gore top and black shorts, my pic is on my garmn profile page, calls 'frogbmth'

30r19 image

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Final preps done image made a list with thing to take to I won't forget anything tomorrow morning.

Kit will be black shorts, pink shirt with jindalee written on back,quite possibly white visor and (sun)glasses
  • GeeeMGeeeM ✭✭✭

Well, that's the Brecon Beacons fell race done 20 miles / 5,100' in a sedate 4hrs 45, now the hard bit is going to be getting up at 5am for the drive to Salisbury then another 50k image

Looking forward to it really, couple of glasses of red and an early night I think... Sleep well all and fingers crossed for tomorrow!

• Don't forget the sun cream tomorrow. just back from marshaling the NDW100, and I'm sporting two bright red arms even though it was cloudy image