Sub 3h15

Comments

• Did some running today too. 9 with some 400m @ 5k pace and 4 miles in the middle at allegedly MP. The 4 came out at which pace which is clearly ridiculous 

• I feel left out, so here's a terrible, out of focus picture of my cat. You might mistake her for a dog if you kind of squint at it. 

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/223505_19427207096_9791_n.jpg

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Poacher/OO/TAR/Fraser - date for Coastal next year is 20th July. Get it in your diaries. 

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Some great running going on in between the pet photos - AR, Moof, Keir, Frazer.
    12 easy miles this morning.

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

Liking the Goth cat.

22 this morning  run nice and slow in 3hr:05. Was kind of boring plodding along apart from a few unprovoked Goose attacks along the Thames.

• MeowMeow! 

I've had a couple of days off to let the shin settle with the assistance of copious amounts of vitamin I. I'll try a gentle 20mins later (in between the women's marathon and Mo's 10000m).

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Fell race for me this afternoon.

have a good one tomorrow poacher. The weather looks ideal if this wind drops slightly. 

• moofmoof ✭✭✭
    decent 5k keir.

Great training from Frazer and AR.

good luck with the fell race Minni and anyone else racing.

Just waiting to get on the ferry for a week on the isle of wight, then off to Devon for another week. Two weeks in a caravan, we're proper chavs. And no I'm not towing one.

Not sure how much training I'll get in as its a lot easier to go under the radar when you're working.
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Haha Moof I agree. It's hard when there's done one watching your every move. Have fun. 

• parkrun this morning, slow as can be expected after a couple of weeks off. August looks like an 80 mile month so September means the start of the VLM build up.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

18:41 parkrun here- pulled along by a strong field. You're starting early for VLM PMJ

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

....the bell.....

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Phew. I was I bit anxious but should have had faith. 

• OO50 wrote (see)

You're starting early for VLM PMJ

Well it is September 10k race, October 10 mile race to build up speed endurance. Then Nov and Dec are XC and a bit of base and VLM for real starts after Christmas.

• Greetings from Cambodia. Just seen the Mo result although the Beeb won't let me access the video content from here. Poacher - can you sort something out for me.

Have donned my running tops on a number of occasions so far but although I've sweated plenty, I've haven't actually made it out for a run as it's too humid and there don't seem to be any rules of the road so I'd be taken my life into my own hands if I went out. So the only use for the running tops has been their wicking capacity while admiring some amazing 12th century temples.

Glad to hear others are being more dedicated than me at the moment - good short fast and long slow runs a-plenty.

Not a big dog (or cat for that matter) fan so I can only make a fleeting comment about Minni's puppies. 

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Fell race:  more runners that last week (16) and a couple of very young nippy women in the pot.  Although the hills weren't as big as last week it felt harder because the general pace was faster.  I settled into a nice position in the middle of the pack but nearly everyone over took me a mile in on a steep downhill.  I really must stop being such a girl about steep hills.    So then I had to claw back, which I did over the next mile.  From there on it was just two of us battling it out.  The chap was a few meters ahead and he took a wrong turn.  I hesitated thinking this was my chance to get ahead but fell races aren't like that so I shouted him back.  We were neck and neck into the finish but he just managed to pull away.  I'm not upset about this.  It was a very good workout and that's what its all about at the moment.  Finished 3rd lady.  The winner was an Ethiopian fresh from a training camp with Haile Gebrselassie image and has a 2:13 marathon to his name!  

Bit of hanging around at the end waiting for the prize giving after a bird from the falconry demonstration took its chance and ventured into a garden where pedigree hens were roaming free..... image 

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Lorenzo - I wouldn't worry, if you've had your running top on and sweated in it then that the same as a run in my books!

• Nice one Minni. Was that at Glanton?

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Yes Fraser it was.  You should have come along.  These runs are really friendly and there's lots of handshaking, well dones and chat at the end.  You would have done well.

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Well done Minni, I have done a few trail races over here and some of them are quite steep and I'm not very good at that sort of thing and they hurt real bad! Give me a hard fast 5k any day. Horses for courses I guess!

Keir - Another great race there, nice one!

JD3 - Yes the handicap races are organised by the local club. Are you a member of one?

Jools - I have been meaning to ask what were your splits like for you receent super 10k?

Took Thursday off and tried to attempt an 8 miler at MP last night which ended in total failure. Knee locked straight away and took 1k for it to settle, I must have looked a picture hobbling along in front of all the people sunbathing on the beach where I set off. Got to 2 miles and decided that I would have to turn back for home as the knee was not having any of it. Wasn't even running that fast only did 4 miles at 7:45 pace but was disappointed not to be able to run comfortably. Rested again today and think I am going to have to sack running for a wee while to see if this knee issue improves. Gutted as it's only 8 weeks until my marathon and if I'm benched for more than a week I don't see myself running it.image

Enjoying watching the Worlds, super win for Mo, thought that Jeilan was going to have him again. Womes marathon was good as well and brave run from the Italian. Bet ya Paula is wishing she could race as she would hammer them all.

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

Well done, Minni.  I'm rubbish at descents as well.  I'm convinced fell runners have had lobotomies so that they don't fear the effects of gravity in the way any sane person does...

3k for me at Midlands League and finally managed to crack the 11 minute barrier.  As is so often the way after trying to break a barrier for some time (this year had seen 11.01.1, 11.06.1 and 11.00.8), nowt bubka about it: 1.46.6 for a pb by over 14 seconds image

• Well done again Minni. What did you win this time? More booze?

Nice one Jools! That's a massive PB over such a short distance. 

I ran the 1500m in the Midlands League today (we didn't need the points so I opted to improve my ridiculously slow PB from earlier in the season when I'd just run a 3k and had only 13 days previously run a marathon). 5.07.69. Then got roped into the 4 x 400m relay. I'm particularly shit at that it turns out, not surprisingly. No idea of my time, but I was 1st leg and was last to hand over the baton by quite some distance.

• Ooh, well done to Minni, Jools and Speedy. I'm letting the (thread ladies) side down this weekend as all I did was a 3-mile recovery jog.

Speedy, I have heard a rumour that your new club may be redesigning its vest to make it more attractive. If this is true I might consider defecting too.

• Indeed they are Lit, but I'm not sure the new proposals are any more attractive. There's a section on the Notts website where you can see the options. 

• found it! #6 is quite nice. But I'm not joining another club with a bloody unflattering white vest like #3, 4, 5 or 7.

• KeirKeir ✭✭✭

Another wkend where the thread ladies (well 3/4) out perform the males.

I did my regular 8m hilly off rd run today and twisted my ankle whilst avoiding a dog. Not the dog (nor owners fault to be fair). Rested and carried on but as the evening has worn on it has swollen up and quite painful. Vit I and RICE. Will also miss the 20m LSR and take an unscheduled rest day. Hopefully this is a temporary injury.

• KeirKeir ✭✭✭

Lit, I like 1. and 7.