help-needed

Hi All,

This is my first post in this forum and need some help. I have recently signed up for a walking marathon (schedule on 28th Sept) and have started practising as per the walking plan recommended on the portal.

I am in the 4th week of practice and until now have had no issues following the plan. Although last week after I finished my schedule of 5-6 miles, I developed a callus in my feet. I do not know why this happened but now has put my practice on hold. I have stopped my walking plan for the last whole week and the callus has subsided to a large extent.

I want to know is it due to shoes or something else (my wieght / walking pattern etc)

I am fat  and weigh around 18.5 stones

I am very keen to complete the marathon but dont want to have any injuries which could be more harmful

Request for help relating to any home remedies, any particular shoes that I need to wear, any care I need to take etc...

I will also try an upload a pic in a while.

Many thanks

Mike

Comments

• Could be your shoes, your socks, your gait a combination of these or none. Impossible to tell really. Wondering what sort of callus would stop you walking for a week though?  I would recommend going to a good walking or running shop (not JJB/Sports Direct or the like) and asking for advice from someone who can look at the way you stand and walk and recommend appropriate shoes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • You stopped walking because of a callus? My feet are a mess of hard skin and calluses, if I worried about them I wouldn't get anywhere! If they don't hurt, don't worry too much. Maybe get some new shoes!

• What I will also say Mike, is that if you had ony posted in one section instead of four you might have found it easier to read all the replies.

• Look at your socks, I did a 62 mile walk and you get what you pay for, I used no blister socks which had 2 layers