achieved 1st goal , whose met theirs yet?

yay i started running in early jan, my first park run was 33 min, thenm 31, then 32 (snowy) 

lots of practice inbetween, 3k jogs, 8.5 longer slow runs, some mixed training at bootcamp, swimming and walking lots

and beat my aim of sub 30 5k and did my parkrun in 28.32

feeling rather chuffed , now to keep improving and aiming for 10k in sub 60, awaiting work rota to book first 10k event .... 

whose almost at there first goal? 

Comments

• well done XcX

good run for your 5K.just keep on working on iy gradually and I'm sure you will get your other goalsimage

My goal was to swim twice a week and have managed to maintain that all through januray ( I hate swimming )image

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I've averaged 50+ miles a week for Jan for the first time. Also broke my parkrun PB today by 30 secs, which suprised me as this last week was my highest mileage ever.
  • wow 50 miles is brill, i do just over 20 , gradually increasing it tho, 

love parkrun, 

swimming is not fave of mine either, i go because its good exercise and  gives my joints a break from pounding, and the husband swims like a fish so he  goes often and i eventually agree to join him 

• Where to start...? Well, 3rd jan I actually managed to run a full 5k without stopping or walking (for the firet time ever); 5th jan I ran my first 5k 'race'; since then I've managed to get my 5k time down to less than 35 minutes (not brilliant to some of you, I know, but I started at over 37 minutes) and run 6k twice.

Feeling pretty smug here...
  • I have managed 2 of my goals so far, Sign up for a half marathon and complete tough guy. I am training towards a sub 2hr 15 half.

well done on your park runs, I am going to my 1st one next Sat and very much looking forward to it.

• My challenge this year is 2013km in 2013 and January was really good, I got in lots of fun miles in the snow, got upto 20 miles for the first time in a fair wee while, racked up more miles than planned and generally feeling good about life. Look image

Then Feb !st one of my dogs decided to run through me in the park and pop went my ankle.image Yep I managed 150 plus miles through fields, puddles and snow storms unharmed only to be felled by my "best friend" 200 yards from the house. 

We are back on speaking terms again but getting stir crazy not being able to get out. I only come on to the Forums to torture myself a little more image

• well done curlytwig, i'm sure it'll be the first of many goals you meet. one good thing about running is that there's always another goal, so as soon as you hit one, up pops another into your head. best of luck and keep on enjoying your runs.

my 2013 goals include beating my mates 3:57:06 marathon PB in April in Manchester, and perhaps even beating him in the same race, if we both make it to the start line in one piece. Then i'd like to get my 5k time down from about 24mins by the end of the year. After the marathon in April, i'm going to devote the next 3-4 months to specific 5k training, assuming i can find a good 5k training plan to follow. I'm currently in the best aerobic shape of my life, and hoping to capitalise on the marathon training to build in some speed. I've no real clue at the moment what's achievable or realistic over the summer. Perhaps down to 22min, perhaps lower, we'll see.

• Another one going for 2013K in 2013. Managed 233K (146 miles) so far so ahead of schedule. Bad luck oirsheyes - hope you can get back to it soon as your a good week or so ahead of schedule as well if you've already done 150+ miles.

My other goals for 2013 are to get PB's (even if by only a second!) at 5K, 5 miles, 10K and Half Marathon. Yet to race so far this year so none achieved yet although I've earmarked at least two 5K's, two 5 milers, three 10K's and three Half Marathons in the next 8 months.

• My 2013 Goals...

sub 30m 5k now down to 30:19 now

sub 60m 10k now down to 63.40 and carried on so could have done quicker

sub 5H marathon only done the one at 5:30:22

• i like reading everyones goals

i also want a sub 60 10k

i was planning on a HM but decided now to do a 10k event first and train better as still new to running so not want to over do it

eventually at some point in my life i WILL do a marathon, probable next year , i need milage and time, time i do not have always as crazy work demands , family etc and am doing a FT degree course while working, it finishes feb  2014 so next spring seems ideal 

• Did my first race ever this weekend - 8 miles of mud and hills, much more fun to finish it than to experience it!

Now signed up for my first half in March, and working on getting my 5k down to 25 minutes....

• How come my comments don't bump threads? Can anyone see this comment at all?

• Just managed my sub 48 10K (prev best 55), aiming next for sub 22 5K (prev 24) and 1h 40 HM (prev 1h46) - all in prep for my main goal in Sept of a sub 4h marathon (prev 4h18).  I'm still not really training properly though due to the weather (lightweight!).

• Plucked up the courage to run my first parkrun last Saturday after doing my first 10k last year May) in 62mins. Put in a lot of miles since then image Managed the parkrun in  22:35. Training for two half marathons now. Hoping for 1:50. (please with anything under 2 hours). Aiming to get to 21:30 for 5k.

• I might expand on my 2013 goals. Looking to also do my second marathon and although I initially said beat PB's by a second I'm now going for...

5K: Sub 22 (Currently 22:49)

5 Mile: Sub 38 (Currently 39:48)

10K: Sub 48 (Currently 48:25)

HM: Sub 1:48 (Currently 1:49:14)

Marathon: Sub 5 hours (Currently 5:04:08)

I know my marathon time is way out of synch with my other times, but I just can't do it without reducing my pace significantly although I'm working on it.

• Grant..........if you train well for your halves you will storm 1:50.......just get the training done.well done.......'lsgend.....that is definitely a well out of balance marathon time......once you crack the marathon training you could get sub 4..........just got to sort it out image

• Cheers for that Seren, nice confidence boost image Still putting in the miles image

• Just wondering how everyone else is getting on with their goals for 2013...

I've achieved my PB targets for 5K, 5 mile, 10K and Half Marathon which makes me think I've either done really well, or set my goals too low! The marathon one won't happen this year. As for the 2013K during 2013 - that's also going well and I'm ahead of target by around 40K or time-wise, about a week ahead if you average it all out. Could do with reaching the target before Christmas though as the last couple of years I've done very little in the final week of the year. 

• Daeve wrote (see)

Just managed my sub 48 10K (prev best 55), aiming next for sub 22 5K (prev 24) and 1h 40 HM (prev 1h46) - all in prep for my main goal in Sept of a sub 4h marathon (prev 4h18).

Beat my 10K goal - now 44:59 PB; beat my 5K goal - now 21:45 PB and managed a 1:45:08 HM so an improvement.  Aiming for 1:40 at the GNR and sub 21 min 5K by years end, sub 20 min 5K by the end of April 2014.  Marathon end of Sept.

• I've got the following goals by the end of the year. My 5k and 10k targets have been coming down steadily over the past few months as I've beaten my times.

5k: 24.59 (Currently 27.06)

10k: 49.59 (Currently 54.06)

Half: 1.54.59 (Currently 2.06.07)

Then I'm also going to do my first marathon in the spring, but thats 2014!

• mattywarr - your 5K / 10K targets are a bit out of sync as your aiming to basically a PB 5K twice. Saying that, looking at your current PBs, they also suggest you've ran a personal best 5K during your 10K if that makes sense as if you half you 10k time you get 27:03.

If your aiming for a sub 50 10K, then I'd say you'd be looking at around 23.59 for a 5K.

As for end of year goals mine are:

5K: 21.30 (currently 21.41, was 22.48 at start of 2013)

10K: 45.59 (currently 47.37, was 48.25 at start of 2013)

HM: Sub 1:45.00 in both Bristol and Cardiff (already achieved lower, but think PB of 1:38:58 will be impossible for me to beat again)

Future goals: also looking at a Marathon in spring 2014. 

• legend777 wrote (see)

mattywarr - your 5K / 10K targets are a bit out of sync as your aiming to basically a PB 5K twice. Saying that, looking at your current PBs, they also suggest you've ran a personal best 5K during your 10K if that makes sense as if you half you 10k time you get 27:03.

If your aiming for a sub 50 10K, then I'd say you'd be looking at around 23.59 for a 5K.

Good spot - hadn't even thought of that. But you are correct, my fastest 5k time was whilst on my PB 10k.  So I'll head for the sub 50 10k first then see where my 5k time falls from there.

I should also note I'm hoping to have lost another 2 stone by the end of the year too, which will help me get my ass round a bit quicker in all disciplines.

Thanks image