running-and-breasts

I have always been physically fit and into sports but only recently took up running (in the last 6 months) to train for Race for Life.

After the first couple months i started to notice a change in my breast size, they started to shrink and sag, despite me wearing a good sports bra. Naturally i lost weight through running but not a great deal (7lbs) and in the past i have been lighter, through diet and exercise (mainly cycling/rowing) without my breasts changing at all.

Since i started, i've gone down 2 cup sizes and they've lost their shape & 'plumpness'. They now closely resemble deflated baloons. 

Firstly, is such a dramatic change in breasts size/shape a common result of running and secondly, are they likely to return to normal if i go back to my normal fitness regeime minus the running? 

Apologies for 'over sharing', however i'd appreciate some feedback/advice on this as it has, unfortunately, had a very negative impact on my self esteem image

Comments

• Never heard of it before to be honest. The only thing I can think of is that the rowing was giving your boobs a lift and that stopping means you have lost that effect.

But I can't imagine the results could be that dramatic though - especially not in 6 months. 

• How depressing! Even prior to the rowing, my chest remained the same,actually no change whatsoever since i was a teenager, until i started running image

I am secretly hoping they'll just 'bounce back'! 

• I have had a similar experience when I lost weight, my boobs were like teabags all paper and nothing much in there!  I know that you say you have only lost 7lbs but you have gained muscle and probably lost more than that in fat.  If you are now skinny maybe you could try putting a couple of pounds back on and see if it goes back in the desired place. 

• Yes this happens to me anytime I lose weight although the boobs are usually the last place to go.  It's sad that I have to chose between decent boobs/fat hips or slim hips/sad boobs.

• Whenever I lose weight it goes off boobs first and belly last.... Typical!

• We just need to see before and after photos to advise you properly image

• Good point about the muscle, I have started doing some weight training too, so maybe it is just a case of lower fat percentage. Curse it, straight off the boobs and nothing off the belly image 

Im not skinny, never have been, at 6ft 2 I've always been quite heavy, always more athletic than skinny. I'll try to gain a couple lbs as suggested and see if that helps at all, if not, then I'll have to come up withban other plan! 

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    Gymaddict wrote (see)

Yes this happens to me anytime I lose weight although the boobs are usually the last place to go.  It's sad that I have to chose between decent boobs/fat hips or slim hips/sad boobs.

Dare I ask which you choose? image