right to do what?

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

right, got it, I think...the quote seemed to suggest its all the time, rather than through those movements.

• Well, you'd have to see it as a sort of long-term project for future generations, I think, and the parades (which don't appeal to me personally though I can see why they're a good thing) as the most prominent manifestation of it. But that is the general idea, not so much an aggressive 'in your face' as a response to 'can't you just go and be gay somewhere where I can't see'.

The bit you quoted doesn't mean 'unsolicited, as soon as I meet people', which is what others were suggesting, it means 'whenever you put me in a situation where I'm required to hide something about myself so as not to offend your sensibilities'.

• Mr Puffy wrote (see)

I wonder if people who claim to have had these experiences of "Hello, I'm Tom, I AM GAY" actually have or is there a bit of urban myth about it all.

There's a lot of talk about "them" and the way "they" behave, not a lot of specifics.

Recently we were at a concert and my BIL said to me - that's my gay friend Colm...(mmmm ok) and then the guy walked over to me and said *hello - I'm Steven's gay friend Colm* - so it does happen  image

• Maybe they're just redressing the balance?

For many years, seeing straight people do things that weren't accceptable for gay people to do - kissing or holding hands in public, getting married etc. must looked a bit like flaunting from their point of view.

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Nick Windsor 4 wrote (see)

Most people are staright where others can't see them so why do gays have to be different, be as gay as you like but it's just like being straight and it's nothing to flaunt

What if there are loads of gay people actually not really being very gay at all, just more of them than you thought there were?  You'd never know!

imageimage

That’s a strange thought hang on if they don’t all identify themselves to us normal people how can they tell each other what they are? I think there being a special day they can all meet up and be gay together might work you know like with gardener’s all meeting up at a flower show every now and then so they can talk about vegetables and celebrate their clematis and take pride in it?

• Sounds a bit gay to me, wouldn't have that in Russia would all be in prison. image

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

When I was 17 and at college, this lad introduced himself to the group stating first his name and then "and I'm gay".

Unsure of the situation I said nothing, however, another guy immediately stood up, stated his name and said "well I'm not, you..(I'll pass on the fusillage of insults he hurled at the guy)

What was that all about?, I enquired. "he's on the look out".

It seemed that gay people are vastly out numbered by 'straights' and the only way to meet others like themselves is to broadcast the fact. 

I decided to stick to fishing. Safely out of the way.

🙂

• image I always find it amusing that blokes who arn't gay just assume that gay men will want to sleep with them. It's as if gay men can't control themselves and instantly want to b*gger something anything with a hole. Might explain why there are no gay pride events on golf courses?

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Cake wrote (see)

image I always find it amusing that blokes who arn't gay just assume that gay men will want to sleep with them. It's as if gay men can't control themselves and instantly want to b*gger something anything with a hole. Might explain why there are no gay pride events on golf courses?

Reminds me, I've some speedwork that needs maintaining. Btw, I train on a golf course. 

🙂

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭
    Dustin wrote (see)

did Kafeeg write:  "I will ALWAYS push my sexuality in your face and everyone's face"

doesn't that add support to the OPs comment, or am I missing something?

I did write that. Prior to that, I was talking about being executed for simply being gay in countries. My point was: there is discrimination.

The way I see it is this: my sexuality is not an issue. I have blue eyes. I am gay. I see each as undramatic as the other. I present myself as kaffeeg (or my real name in real life): that's it. But when people ask about myhusband, I correct them. 

I don't make my sexuality an issue. OTHER people do. The very least of those problems is simply by ignoring the fact I'm gay and assuming I'm straight. (you heterosexuals may think - whats the big deal, but if people call you by the wrong name, that's irriating isn't it? It's the same thing really, it's not understanding who you are).The worst is: being followed, being threatened with violence, beingostracised from my family. All of which has happened (admittedly, a long time ago, because now I don't hold my partners hand in the street because I now am very careful about expressing any physical affection to my partner in public - that's sad isn't it? Heterosexual people don't need to do that).

But some people onhere don't want to hear from gay people about why they 'push it in their faces' (what ever that actually means!), and just want to slag people off and tell them to shut up because it's irritating.

I'm happy not to push my sexuality in your face, if you don't push your idiotic, moronice, unfounded views in mine. So,that's that sorted. image

• Being gay as a pastime sounds like more fun than quilt making. Or tap dancing.

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭
    Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

Being gay as a pastime sounds like more fun than quilt making. Or tap dancing.

To be fair, more gay peopleprobably make quilts than straight people do. And same with tap dancing. 

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

I'm beginning to think eunuchs have the right idea.

🙂

• That doesn't sound like pushing it in anyone's face, kaffeeg

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Flob wrote (see)

I'm beginning to think that RicF has something to announce about his own... Erm, shall we describe it - pass time? 

I bet he loves a bit of Gok and he's probably a Tory MP too!!

Nope, neither of those, but hang on a minute, I'm trying to think of something.

Ok, I've never looked at Facebook or use a mobile phone. I suppose that makes me some sort of deviant.

🙂

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

I was trying have a joke at my own expense Flob. I wasn't having a dig at you, I can assure you of that.

🙂

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    RicF wrote (see)

Ok, I've never looked at Facebook or use a mobile phone. I suppose that makes me some sort of deviant.

Weirdo.  Pie him!!  image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

kafeeg wrote:
    "I'm happy not to push my sexuality in your face, if you don't push your idiotic, moronice, unfounded views in mine"
    if that was aimed at me, I'd like to know what views I pushed.

Ric - good man. Will confess to using f/b for running club notices , but cant stand the self indulgent pictures: "here's my breakfast", "this is me at the airport", "oh look me again somewhere you don't give a fk about" and as a runner I loathe "new asics, yay" as if I don't know what trainers look like....