salomon speedcross 3 cs

I need to replace my salomon speedcross 3. I'm more than happy with them, but was looking at some of the other lines in the salomon range especially as I find myself doing more fell races and cross country races with really wet muddy conditions. Was looking at the salomon speedcross 3 cs but someone mentioned they had problems running through streams where the water stayed in the shoe, has anyone else had this problem? Was also looking at the Salomon fellcross and wondered if anyone else had used them and there opinion, can only afford one pair so would need to use the fellcross for general summer long distance trail runs? Any advise appreciated

Comments

• I've got a pair of Speedcross 3s and find them not too bad at shifting the water. I've certainly shoe off road trainers that are better in this aspect, but after a few steps the vast majority of the water is generally out.

• cheers alasdair, I bought the salomon fellcross in the end. They had the same climashield thing as the cs but had slightly longer tread plus managed to get them for £78 on a special offer so couldn't resist giving them a try

• There's a very good reason the CS models are often heavily discounted, once themembrane wears at the lower metatarsal area they are done for. Having said that, I'm really keen to give the Fell Cross a try out but wouldn't consider CS/gore-tex for running in.