DIY Pirate Lanza Training Camp 2014

Hey all

I am planning to get back out to Lanza for a training camp, (everyday training lanza camp 2014).  Its a really great way to get some biking volume, and open water swimming in early in the year - its recommended.

However, I was going to stay on for another week at the same apartment complex, as my missus, (ShuffleB) was coming out for a weeks training as well.

So I am happy to 'organise' a DIY pirate training camp for a weeks training in the same style as the camp I was just on.

Dates - Sat 15nd March -Sat 22th March
6 days of training - (Sunday - Friday)

Daily program -

• 30 min swim before breakfast, (on the IM lanza swim course)
  • eat breakfast
  • 3-5 hr ride.  Grab a snack on the rideShort, medium and long ride options available
  • 30 min run in the afternoon
  • afternoon happy hour cooling legs in the pool
  • eat food
  • sleep

The last day can be the full IM bike course, but options are available for those building up to IM.

Apartment complex is the 'Arena Dorada'.  Its in Puerto del Carmen, about 50 m from the beachfront
They do a buffet breakfast, and we can do evening meal as well, (easy) or eat out, (more expensive).  Its a bit more 'germanic' than the place we stayed for IM lanza, and the food can be interesting, but the beer is cheap.

Costs

• airfair + bike carriage
  • apartment costs, (approx £280 b&b for 2 people sharing an appartment)
  • beer money image

Are you good enough?  - Yes

• I'm alright on the bike, and know the island well, so if you are fast I can sit on your wheel
  • The missus is aiming for her first IM next year, and is a definite back of packer.  She wants to get some riding in, but is slow.  You will (probably) be quicker than her so she will sit on your wheel

We can mix / match groups / rides / loops depending on who is riding.

End of camp Friday night drinks in route 66 are mandatory, (unless you are asleep image )

So if anyone fancies this let me know

I can answer any questions you may haveimage, (on any subject)

Comments