Thursday 22nd August 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - Confusion in her eyes that says it all

Of course Paddy - I'd conveniently forgotten the two weeks with no running that I've just had!

I'll try to stop boring you all with it. What it comes down to is that my head says that I shouldn't race but my heart isn't happy with quitting.

What:               probably a ride
Why:                slightly lost
Last hard:        stopping my mind whirring
Last rest:         4/8

Yesterday's lyrics were I Started Something by The Smiths.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

I'd a lyric lined up for today LMH

What:4M Steady

Why: habit

It's warm but dull up here

Catch up time.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

What: either a 5.5 miler or core at gym, haven't decided yet
    Why: legs a bit shot still from the weekend, so don't know whether to rest them
    Last hard: saturday
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: nope

LMH any idea why the swim causes these problems?
    OH cricket, blugh, why did England make these changes to the team?  It was good as it was!
    Have a good one all.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    on the plus side (to the cricket) its drizzly this morning by the Oval, mind you series is already won.
    lyric - yes indeed, think I started the DTT with these a couple of weeks ago...
    what - something easy
    why - I've got postie's legs
    last rest - 13 days
    last hard - Tuesday

have a great day

• Should have got yesterday's lyrics image
    ... I even was at the same school as Marr and Rourke
    (St Augustine's - a strange establishment!)

emzap - cricket, enough saidimage

What: maybe run with group this evening
    Why; need to get back training again although rib still sore at night
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: every day since Sunday
    Lyrics: definite no

• emzap: Aussies finding their form belatedly.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

oh that's a claim to fame! I didn't get them either

lyrics no

what: minute on minute off x 10 session done in the rain this morning with 10 warm and 7 cool down - swim later

why: schedule

last hard: this morning was

last easy: Monday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzap - not sure it's the swim that causes the problems per se, more the fact that I can't just ease back and take my inhaler when I feel it starting. Riding big hills on the bike has the same effect - can't back off the effort or I'll fall off, can't take hands off the bars to get inhaler until I stop. When this first started happening in 2010 I could just back off the swim, get the breathing back under control and carry on. In Almere in 2011 I couldn't get my breathing sorted - partly I think because conditions were rough so it was hard to relax and recover in the water - but on Sunday whilst backing off and sorting the breathing worked initially it then just went again very quickly and irretrievably.

Ooops - don't remember you using the lyrics recently dustin but more than possible that you did.

Racing this weekend Wabo? Hope things are ok with/better for your daughter now.

• Wabo - I'm a bit older than Marr and Rourke: although we overlapped, I don't recall either of them.
    Also possibly spent more time at the (Oasis) Gallaghers' school than they did
    ... I just went to orchestra rehearsals there on Saturday mornings!image

Oval: Hope we get a few wickets now ...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

lmh, I once saw my daughter having an asthma attack in the pool at swimming club, it wasn't nice and I was up in the stands so useless! Must be a difficult decision for you to have to make. I am not racing no, but I am off to Llangollen and plan is a long uphill  and then back of 13+ miles running, possibly stroll up Snowdon on Sunday, so looking forward to  it and not racing!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics: no

OH: my teaching career started at the now defunct (as well!) Sharston High just around the corner! And eldest went to the Gallaghers' school until I moved him!

Wabo: enjoy the hills this weekend!

What: hopefully25-30 mins this evening
    Why: if I am not too exhausted. Shifting the rubble from removing the chimney breast: already been to the tip three times this morning. Another couple of visits later. Also got to move a ton of top soil and a few hundredweight of stone. And its hot and sunny: just decided to have rest to watch the test only to see that it is raining at the Oval.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Okay, be prepared to be blown away (esp those that know Jnr.....)

Jnr just got his resuts for his GCSE's today... bearing in mind all his toubles back in years 7 & 8 with statements / suspensions and change of schools in relation to his Autisum and going back a year, he has just produced a fantastic set of results....

1 A*, 5 A's, 5 B's and a C

WOW / Fantastic / Excellent / Awesome / Brilliantand any other words you could put to that too so say well done / Bravo etc....

NOTHING CAN HOLD YOU DOWN................. JUST DO IT,

one very chuffed Mum and Dad

Intervals for me - 2 x 5 x 400m, off 100m recovery and 400m between sets, 2nd set much better. 1:34, 1:32, 1:33, 1:32, 1:32, 1:32, 1:29, 1:29, 1:28, 1:26, 7m in total with warm up and cool down

Take care

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

RFJ: pass on my congrats to Junior! The lad done well! So what's next for him (apart from parkrunning!!)?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Wow well done Junior RFJ image

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

wow RFJ, you've every right to be proud  that's smashingimage

LMH, hope the test swim goes well and you get your confidence back. it sounds to me more like a mental issue if you don't mind me saying... I get the same thing when I try to stick my head under water which is why i can't swim properly... you used to be able to complete the swim ok so there is no reason why it shouldn't work again. Confidence !! All the best.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Alehouse, will do - He's off to Queen Mary College in Basingstoke to do - Maths, Further Maths, Phyics and Economics....

• I didn't have exercise induced asthma before chickadee which is what makes the difference I think. Started three years ago, diagnosed two years ago but I didn't get to race last year due to other health issues. I'd just assumed that the new meds I'd been prescribed worked and I would not have a problem again - and I didn't in the Olympic earlier this year.

Proud Dad indeed RFJ.

• Evening

What nothing in the end
    Why too nervous about PP1's GCSE's
    Lyrics no

Many congratulations to RFJ jnr.

Didn't sleep properly as unusualy I was frettibg about how this morning would go. PP1 was after a tough accademic scholarship for her schools sixth form. She unfortunately dropped 3 points but still retains the award so she gets to go where she wants.

• Well done to PP1!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Well done PP1 as well.

Only 3km done.  Legs just couldn't do it.  let's hope the 8 hours of travel tomorrow is a rest for them and they work on Saturday...

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

10K training run last night 46 mins.  Not ran today yet but might manage out.  I think I know the lyrics today.

Well done to academic performers! image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Well done PP1 image

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Well done PP1!

What: 30 mins steady, slightly over 5k, 50/50 road and off.
    Why: Need to get more 30 min runs under my belt.

Very humid tonight: thunderstorms were expected by 8, but haven't happened, as yet.

• Good luck Little Miss Happy - try and stay in the minute.

I went to the movies a couple of nights ago, and saw this kind of doco on Bruce Springsteen. A lot of his fans had put together home video clips of what Bruce meant to them. Then one of them asked him how he was able to put so much energy into his show. He said that he didn't think about his last show, or the one that he would be doing the next day, he just concentrated on enjoying and giving everything to the one he was doing right there and then.

Well done to RFJ's son and good news for Postie's offspring too.

Always good when your kids achieve - though I think the most important things are that they are safe and happy. I'm on to the gkids now, and I love to see them doing well, and growing up as beautiful girls.

What: - actually didn't run - went to fun park with daughter and 3 year old gdaughter for niece's 4 year old son's birthday.

Though did manage to stop on the way and pick up my Auckland team uniform.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

NZC: always nice to get the team kit! I still have my first county vest from 45 years ago! Not worn it since!

Wise words, too: golfers and cricketers always concentrate on the next hole or shot. There is absolutely nothing that can be done about what has gone before: when it has gone it has gone. They are trained to wipe out the past and look ahead to the next shot/delivery. It is difficult but obviously can be done. Andrew Strauss sums it up: "You have to think positive thoughts, banish negative ideas and visualise your success." 

And further wise words! The most important thing is indeed that your kids are happy and safe, and many a time I have said this on parents' evenings!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

5.2 miles tonight.  Only meant to do 4 but my zombie mission lasted longer than expected so just kept running.  38 mins.