Pet hates

Comments

• With you on that Brian. I don't mind swearing but f'ing and blinding on a public bus with people of all ages who have no choice but to listen to it is just not on. 

I was in a pub to watch Mo win the 10,000 metres with my daughter and some old guys were using really foul language. My kid never noticed but I was offended. One of them mentioned there was a child in the room and another said "Well it is a pub" It was a pub at 3 o'clock ish near a shopping centre. I always think, would you say this if your mother or your daughter were in the room? 

• Groups of people who all walk together and take up ALL of the pavement width! image

• Peter Everitt wrote (see)

Cats. Why do people have cats as pets? They let them out most of the time anyway so what's the point? Are they pets for lazy people? And they s**t in my garden constantly.

Screamapillar wrote (see)

I love cats image

Perfect example last night of why I dislike cats so much. I was woken at 3am by scratchy noises at the window of our bedroom. Couldn't see anything outside so I pulled the windows close in to stop squirrel/cats in if they were about and got back into bed. Only to find that a cat was already in! Next few minutes was a bit of a whirl as cat tried to get back out only to find there was no longer enough of a gap, then it had another go and ended up dangling from my curtains (not an euphamism) by its claws. Then it did a mad dash downstairs whilst we made ourselves more suitably clothed for having the lights on and curtains open in the night. Cat was making some odd noises downstairs and I was fearing for my as yet untainted wool carpet - then it made another quick dash upstairs for freedom (luckily its escape route was now clear) and jumped out of the window! Not sure whether it was looking to move in or if it was a case of mistaken identity as its own home a few doors down also has a conservatory under the bedroom window. Lucky for it (and us) that we don't still have our JRT or there would've been a bloodbath!

• Peter - I expect it was lured in by the smell of those anchovies.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

ooh goodie , but in no particular order
    - people walking along looking at phones
    - (london) pro bike lobby, when a majority of cyclists know what to do at a red light, then I'll have some sympathy
    - inane cr*p on facebook, especially holiday photos (yaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnn)
    - people who moan about their house being burgled on facebook when we know they are on holiday and the house is empty as we've seen the photos
    - +1 for the gum / bad language/ non indicating motorists/drivers on the phone type stuff
    - people who treat their dog as if it were human
    - people who talk in the quiet carriage

• MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

Another one.... people being 'sponsored' to do things which are not a challenge.  Like, yes, maybe if you are 70 and riddled with arthritis and are overweight and haven't walked further than the shops in 6 months, then maybe doing a 5 mile walk for charity is a challenge, but if you are youngish and fit-ish, walking for 2 hours is NOT a challenge and not something you should be able to collect money for doing, however good the cause.  If you want sponsoring for something, show your commitment to the cause and do something hard.

• literatin wrote (see)

Peter - I expect it was lured in by the smell of those anchovies.

That could well be it - it did make a beeline for the fridge. Or it could be the out of date butterflied sardines I discovered in the freezer the other day. Luckily I only ate 2 before I noticed. I thought they didn't taste quite as good as usual..

• I have just seen people checking their phones walking down the stairs in a fire evacuation.

I kid you not image

• A guy with a loaf of bread walk across the road in front of a bus yesterday and nearly got mown down. He stepped back into the road into the path of my car and I had to break and stop. He turned to me and shouted that I should slow down. The fact that I had slowed down was why I hadn't hit him.

So I would like to put men carrying bread into Roon 101

• Ahh, room 101, I remember that image

• Dustin I have to go to london about 6 or 7 times a year I refuse to cycle around there it's to much like wacky races. There are some metal cyclist around there but the car driver's arn't far behind.image

• Sussex Runner NLR wrote (see)

A guy with a loaf of bread walk across the road in front of a bus yesterday and nearly got mown down. He stepped back into the road into the path of my car and I had to break and stop. He turned to me and shouted that I should slow down. The fact that I had slowed down was why I hadn't hit him.

So I would like to put men carrying bread into Roon 101

There was a butty with his name on it SR - the fact that he needed to be alive to eat it had clearly escaped him in all the excitement image

• Screamapillar wrote (see)

I have just seen people checking their phones walking down the stairs in a fire evacuation.

I kid you not image

I bet they weren't just checking their phones, I bet they were TEXTING.  Seriously, that is what people are like image

• They were probably tweeting.

• Oh they were doing all sorts Lotus Flower, fecking eejits. I mean for all they knew there could have been a raging inferno. 

I've written a letter to the powers that be telling them what I saw. Basically the building needs a collective *rse kicking in terms of its emergency procedues - got to the bottom of the staircase to find only one side of the double door was open image

• literatin wrote (see)

They were probably tweeting.

Yes - "#am burning to death LOL" - no doubt. Feckwits image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

reminds me, when I was in Florida this summer some young lad had a t-shirt with the following slogan:

"in case of fire, please exit the building before tweeting about it"

made me smile.

• Madbee wrote (see)

Another one.... people being 'sponsored' to do things which are not a challenge.  Like, yes, maybe if you are 70 and riddled with arthritis and are overweight and haven't walked further than the shops in 6 months, then maybe doing a 5 mile walk for charity is a challenge, but if you are youngish and fit-ish, walking for 2 hours is NOT a challenge and not something you should be able to collect money for doing, however good the cause.  If you want sponsoring for something, show your commitment to the cause and do something hard.

That. I have some friends that wanted sponsoring for an abseil. You can go to the place and pay money to do it, its not expensive! it takes 30 seconds and its over. Challenging it is not!

Fitness challenges I tend to be a little more lenient on depending on the person. If I know someone who has never got off their arse before and wants to do race for life, I'll sponsor them. I won't sponsor someone who does race for life every year though as like you say, it's not a challenge.

My pet peeve is bar staff who server everyone before you, regardless of how long you have been there in relation to others. What am I? Invisible? Just because I'm not rudely waving money doesn't mean I don't want a drink and that shoiuld be the reason WHY you should serve me first!

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    When I worked behind a bar I used to serve the ones waving the money last.
  • image When I was working bar I on occation took the money of the people waving it and then servied other's just to see how long it took before they started to conplain. image

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Milton Keynes is a bit of a desolate soul destroying place. And Doncaster is just horrible.
  • Rude people on public forums who think they can control what people write or say to suit their fancy. Of course they can control because the participant does not return and the publication in which the rude forum person posts gains a terrible reputation.

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Annoying types who like to stealth spam their blog and then get hissy when pulled up for it.

• There's an 'artist' doing 26 marathons in 26 days. It's really annoying me because she is described as 'running' the marathons, but she's walking them. It's taking her 6-7 hours and even if she wanted to run them she couldn't as she is going up and down one of the most crowded streets in the UK at this time of year. It's not her art project that's annoying me but some of the publicity releases and articles that go on about someone who has never run before doing this amazing feat. Well she still hasn't bloody run! 

• GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭

The BBC saying somebody will appeal the verdict. They'll appeal AGAINST the verdict.

The BBC saying it costs a massive 7 million pounds. 7 million is 7 million, it can't be big or small.

Nick Owen on the news.

Slow and slow witted people in the supermarket.

James Nesbitt on a million TV ads at the moment.

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

People who update their facebook page with attention seeking status updates, such as "grrrrr" or "FFS". And the idiots who reply with "what's wrong babe?", "hope you're alright?". DELETED.

The word "journey".

Fog lights when it's not foggy. You don't look cool, you're a c&$* and I can't see!

Non indicating drivers. How I would love to have a Michael Douglas Falling Down moment, follow you and smash all your indicators when you stop.

Litter dropping. W!"kers.

Cats shitting in my garden. Yes, I do fling it over the fence, you own the bloody animal, you have it's shit.

Walkers who see i'm running on the left side of the tow path while they're walking on the left coming towards me, only to swap sides so we all have to fucking move?

People who beat me in monthly miles by including their fucking walks.

Lorraine Kelly....suffering from tv overexposure. (joining Cheryl Cole and that old bint who used to do countdown). Vorderman....thats the one.

The woman who stopped beside me at the top of a hill with a 1:3 gradient 4 miles into a run to tell me "good on you for getting out running" like I had only just taken it up. Piss off.

• People that say "do you feel ok, you look a bit tired" when I decide to have a make-up free day 

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

People who say "you've put on a bit of weight, it suits you!"

• Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭

Celebrities who make massive personal achievements in the name of charity, sometimes taxpayer or sponsor funded, with more time, resource and money to train and prepare than any 'normal' human.

Like David Walliams swimming the channel et al.

(before you start I have nothing against DW, or for him for that matter, but it's a good example)