Lyrics are: Pa pa pa pa pa da da
Pa pa pa pa pa da da
Pa pa pa pa pa da da
Pa pa pa pa pa da da
San Francisco Bay, past pier thirty nine

Heard on the radio last evening.

What: 20 mins or so easy
Why: consistent consistency. 

Still lots of shifting of materials to do to.

As RFJ would say, take care...and have a nice day/weekend.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were She's Lost Control by Joy Division

Alehouse - great to hear of your progress.

NZC - exciting to get your team kit!

The techniques you guys describe are sort of the basis of CBT and mindfulness and very useful. I use visualisation techniques too.

What:                   short, easy run
    Why:                    work/tired
    Last hard:            none of it has been easy this week
    Last rest:             4/8

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

ale: An early start to todays thread image

What:4M Easy

Why: My legs feel heavy today.Dunno why

Coffee and brekkie

Morning LMH

Back later.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello & happy friday!
    Great results RFJ jnr, tbh I though he was already at college, didn't realise he was still U17. QMC has a good reputation though, I think a few of our guys go there. Congrats too to PPjnr. 
    Mixed feelings for eldest yesterday: she took GCSE French a year early, but got an A*, but then hospital x-ray appointment points to stress fracture of lower leg, mri to confirm next month. Misses first two or three county hockey assessments, running club champs and no doubt first few practical gcse PE sessions next term ;-(

what : easy recovery
    why : did clubs hill session yesterday: 12x250m (~1minute) uphill jog back recovery
    last rest : 2 weeks
    last hard : yesterday

lyric - dont think so

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Sorry to hear about eldest's leg: not good news, unlike the A*! Hope it is all soon sorted.

Lyrics are easy (when you know the answer): I couldn't get them out of my head after I'd heard them. Pa pa pa, pa pa da da, Pa pa pa, pa pa da da.

Looks like we are going to have a nice day here, weather-wise.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sorry to hear about your eldest's stress fracture Dustin, hope it didn't dampen the joy of the A* too much.

Looks nice here too Aehouse - that would be because I'm going to be stuck in a windowless room for much of the day!

• What: ? LSR (cautiously)
    Why: didn't get out yesterday and need to get going again.
    ... but weather rather dark and foreboding and rib still uncomfortable at night.
    Last rest: every day since Sunday
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Lyrics: as usual

Well done to all juniors with academic rewards image
    Dustin sorry hear about stress #

• Well done to all the brainy onesimage

• Nice words yesterday - todays are good too but not quite up to yesterday's offering. Ale is not so subtle with his clues as I!!

Now, 1k swim, 6 mile spin and 2 mile run with a few strides. Rest now till Sunday's effort.

LMH - this decision is using more energy than doing an IM. I'm sure you'll come to the correct conclusion!

Don't get too exited about the weather, I think we are sending over a bit of rain!!

Ale nice to see some consistent consistency!!

Dust - He's young and fit so he'll get over it.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

oh dear I reckon I should know these lyrics, dont know why , but not getting it at the moment.

oh dustin thats not good for your eldest, hope she does recover quickly, well done on results though

what: tai chi lunges etc etc

why: rest day

last hard: yesterday am

last easy: monday

have a good weekend all, off to North Wales and I cannot wait for a break!! Only till Monday

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Mentally it certainly is Paddy - would help if I could just make a decision and stick with it but that's proving much easier to say than do at the moment. Head thinks it's silly to start, heart doesn't belong to a quitter image We're forecast the wet stuff tomorrow but supposed to be dry and nice for Sunday and Monday - what's it looking like for you on Sunday?

Hope you have a lovely break Wabo. I feel as if I could use one too but then it's only two weeks until we're off to Holland..................

• LMH - Weather not bad for Sunday, but some rain today and tomorrow night will not help. Run course is about 60% on grass. Hopefully it wont "mud up" too much!! Cant wear me spikes as the rest on tarmac and believe it or not, I don't have a pair of trail shoes at the moment.

• OK 18.4 miles covered SLOWLY and much of the last 3 were walk/run but I got out image Weather brightened up a bit - stayed dry (surprisingly) but misty and windy.
    Enjoy your break in N Wales Wabo

• What nowt
    Why visit from the black dog
    Lyrics yes (I think)

Thanks for all the well dones, she worked bloody hard and deserves the results.

Just couldn't get going this morning and was feeling tired and glum at work for some time. Thinking back on things I've seen this pattern before especially after long awaited news or following a pb.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

What: just 10 mins easy (not that it felt it)
    Why: worked hard on clearing rubble this morning and was going to have an easy afternoon...had just switched on to find the test score when a friend arrived to say he had a couple of spare hours to re-lay the second patio. So we did. Exhausted and legs wouldn't work. Good cross-training though!

• Even I couldn't get enthralled about watching the cricket highlights todayimage

• Congratulations RFJ Jnr and PP-1, and to Dustin minor for the A*. Stress fractures at that age are not a good sign.

Nil training today, but yesterday I did manage to get a swim slot: 2600m open water in 1h09m. Quite pleased with that to be honest, and I wasn't knackered either. Speed, or lack of it, is a bit of an issue. I haven't got the bottle to push on at a higher pace. Maybe next year. Breathing to either side is a matter of choice now, only a few months ago I couldn't do it. Perhaps if I practiced things would improve again.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Dustin - he isnt.... but went back a year when we had all the issues with statements and suspensions, he is 18 in Nov.... part of the reason we are so chuffed for him.

Thanks Alehouse for using my comments image

Rest day here

Tomorrow is Wimbledon Parkrun for us both before going to watch Fulham V Arsenal (Jnr's main present along with the new Fulham Shirt for his results)

Then Sunday of to do some recce's for the Test way Relay

So Take care, run well and have a great weekend

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

C'mon Fulham! Hope you have a nice day tomorrow, RFJ: really enjoyed the Wimbledon parkrun. Mind you, I was only jogging around. Not a particularly fast course, I felt. Be interesting to see how you both do.

OH: I found the last hour of the cricket quite fascinating. A real test!

Lyrics: only mentioned them three times!

• Dustin - sorry to hear about your daughter's problems - let's hope it's just growing pains - they get those too!

Little Miss Happy -Good luck if you decide to do it!

alehouse - looks like you've been doing your share of hard labour!

What: 5km easy.

lyrics - sorry don't know, but probably will say oh yes I knew that tomorrow when you reveal them!