Tuesday 27th August 2013

Moring

Todays lyrics:'Who saw the fences falling.'

What:4.5M Steady off road. Darker this morning,

Why: Mind you I was out about 30mins or so earlier than normal.

I enjoy morning outings.I have done so for 29 years now, since I started regular morning running way back in Aug 1984.

Lovely contrast between the sky in the east with the sun rising and the darker sky of the west.

Catch up time

Back later

Comments

• Morning. Yesterday's lyrics were Smile Like You Mean It by The Killers.

None meant Paddy - you touched a nerve. My OH has had panic attacks in the swim and swimming OW more often helps him and as soon as he's out of the water he's fine - which is a very different scenario to the asthma. I get frustrated because it's not something I can beat into submission or control through force of will.

Sounds like a good first swim of the year TR. You should maybe think about joining the tri club for one of their sessions when you're tapering.

What:                  swim/run
    Why:                   taper?
    Last hard:           not yesterday surprisingly
    Last rest:            4/8

Lyrics - I think I used some by the same band last week?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH: Yeah you did. Please tell me it wasn't this song !

• donaldo: Okay mate we'll do itimage 

Lets go with your  'Hoachin'  from yesterday as the first one.

Cue: ' What does that word mean ?'image  from other regulars

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

What: not sure yet, maybe rest day
    Why: going out for anniversary dinner tonight as can't go on actual anniversary (tomorrow) due to running club!
    Last hard: yesterday, though I'm feeling ok today
    Last rest: maybe today, who knows!
    Lyrics: nope

LMH positive news from Almere then.  Sounds like they're really helpful and sounds like you're feeling better about it
    Birks/Don oh no, I'm already trying to learn one new language, soon I'll be mixing up Scottish and German...could be interesting!
    Hi TR.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all,
    Birks -  I too love early morning runs, sadly its only normally weekends (provided I can get out of bed!). But you're right you get some cracking sunrises. Found it depressing this morning though, as it was totally dark when I got up. Sun starting to put in appearance on the way into work.
    what - club night, but think I'll be assisting the little people rather than training.
    why - its Tuesday
    last rest - 18 days
    last hard - yesterdays tempo took it out of me a bit
    lyric - no idea

• What: kayaking (if I finish work on time ...)
    Why: Tuesday and haven't been out for a while
    Last hard: 18th
    SWoD: yes

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning,

Lyrics: no

Sunshine: no. And it was dark when I first awoke: as Dustin says, depressing.

TR: hope the lads and yourself have had a decent cricket season.

What: another 25-30 mins this evening
    Why: the new 15-20.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lyrics: no
    Sunshine: not yet. Mist clearing by 0900. Sun breaking through mid morning. Full sized currant buns by the afternoon. A line of showers progressing through the region at 1700.

Small daughter is absolutely murderous this morning. She has an electronic weather station in her bedroom and it's been beeping intermittently all night. After much research the low temperature warning alarm feature had been activated.....at 14 degrees. Guangdong technology at its finest.

Training?
    I've got a medical this morning, have to visit the bike shop (AGAIN), and am flying this afternoon. A swim would be nice.

• emzap: A Scottish German language dialectimage

• TRTR ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Alehouse - its been great and hasnt rained much. Eldest is now 16 and only plays adults, he had a stop start season due to GCSEs, a school trip and then breaking his wrist, but played 2nd and 3rd team. My youngests club U13 team won the County Cup, then beat the IoW champs to make the S E England finals day (lost twice though), his S E Hants U12 team won their Hampshire 4 way festival and he took a wicket first ball in 5 matches through the season. Great days.

• No birks - it wasn't this one. No idea on SWoD.

Blisters - so much to do, so little time.

emzap - hope you have a nice meal out. I was quite worried about the potential stress and faff for others if I should have another attack so it's nice to know that they're quite happy to deal with it if necessary.

Swim swum and the sun is out - need to finish some work and trying to figure out the best time to fit this run in.........

• LMH - look I know what its like to have an event looming and having an injury/ illness - I know your situation is different and more complicated but I just hope you can have a successful event.

Meself 2k swum, 4mile run. First 15oom of swim swam 5 minutes faster than my swim time last Sunday.......... Frustrating!

Calf carrying post cramp soreness but I'm hoping it will be ok for Saturday's Triathlon.

• Another so soon Paddy? Which is this? Lots of massage on that calf and foam rolling - if you have one? I know exactly where you're coming from on the swim thing.......

• LMH - yeah, I'm rolling and stretching and visiting the man on Thursday (who completed an Ironman distance Tri last Saturday) on Thursday. Its a bit sore but its the after effects of the cramp. Other than that I feel fully recovered after Sunday.

Saturday's Tri is a sprint distance but the run is 7k so it should suit me. The start is in two waves - men under 40 in wave 1 with women and men over 40 in wave 2. Its a sheltered sea swim with a starting line as long as you want so the start should be ok.

I'm going out on the bike later for 45 mins or so.

Talk soon

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

A context clue for hoachin'.  

Argyle Street in Glasgow is often hoachin' on a Saturday afternoon.

7.6 miles today - two different runs - 4 miles in under 29 mins and then 3.6 a few minutes later in about the same.  Running a good few miles at the moment but pace slower than it was earlier in the year.

Don't know the lyrics today/ image

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

For the record, 26 mins steady. Couple of steepish climbs in there.

Are you back at work now, Don?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Yes, alehouse, since last Monday.  Everything has started with a bang, really busy.  Enjoying it though, definitely the was the right move to go for Depute. image

• Evening

What 10ish getting faster
    Why Tueday = speedwork
    Lyrics No
    SWoD No

Managed a sort of progression over 10m today finishing slightley ahead of target mp.

6:54, 6:51, 6:51, 6:50, 6:50, 6:36, 6:36, 6:38, 6:25, 6:24, 0.63 @8:04

Pushed the pace each time I started feeling "comfey" .