New Fastener for running numbers

Have to say after all these year why has no one come up with these before, I'vbe used them 3 times now including in a mud run and they perform very well, I often catch my number with my hands as I'm running which has resulted in the pins coming detached and then you have this annoying flapping number in your perfieral vision and  no matter how careful I always used to prick my finger when putting the number on.

Not any more these EventClips are well worth the £1.99 - I would recommend them to everyone even children.

Comments

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Lordy!  More spam on these flipping things!

Your first post, and you want to let us know about this wonderful invention you've just heard of?  I mean, how stupid do you think we are?  

(and it's really not that hard to use safety pins - which you often get given for free!)

• Stop spamming the forum Steve - or whoever you are.

There's still a current discussion going on (tagged onto a previous bit of spam about EventClips) as to why safety pins do the job just as well and far more cheaply, so read it and weep - and then sod off.

Thank you.

PS: it's "peripheral"...

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    The spammer is called Steve today.

Still plugging the same old shit though.

Such a bell end!
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Fuck off spammer. Enough already.

• I quite like the idea of the product, but I steadfastly refuse to give the makers any of my money until one whole month elapses without you producing a spammy thread about them.

So ner.

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Ivor -- Likewise...  For £1.99 it would almost be worth giving them a shot but it's the constant spamming that puts me off.

• These things require you to punch holes or make slits in your race number, contrary to the rules in most races...

• It's not that dumb. When you consider google's (Ever changing) algorithm when it comes to ranking search results it is tending to do it more on relevant content on other sites. I'm sure RW ranks highly so having "People" talk about it is boosting its search rank.

Forum posters here probably acount for 0.01% of people who run races, and I'm sure there is a much larger percentage of first timers who receive a race number and quickly type into google "Best way to attach a race number" And given people rarely read anything beyond page 1 of a search listing, and post 1 of a forum thread they'll see "Eventclips", bung that into google.

That said, its bloody irritating and totally bad form and spammers should be shot on sight! Moderators need to flex their delete buttons!

And I picked up 100 safety pins on eBay for less than the price of an eventclip #justsaying

• How legal is it to use a fake testimonial from a made up person to sell a product?
  • Legal or moral?!image

Doesn't stop people putting false negative reviews on sites like trip advisor so I'm guessing perfectly legal!

• safetypinssafetypinssafetypins

safetypinssafetypinssafetypins

Will that give safety pins a better Google hit than E****C***s?

• are they any good though.................?

• What, safety pins?  Yeah, they do the job perfectly well, and as a general product they've lasted the test of time, having been around in their present form for over 150 years.  A design classic.

• I'm going to ignore everyone else on here and speak directly to Steve Braddley2 as he seems to be a genuine person rather than this spammer you all seem t think he is.

SB2 (or would you prefer Steve Braddley 2)  If we went back to the old terry nappies, would event clips be effective in the way the safety pins were in the old days? 

Mumsnet could be an ideal place for your perfectly legitimate review.

• It's not spam if it's presenting a relevant product. This is something people might be interested in. It also seems to be a British company. I hate safety pins - nothing "safe" about them.

I'm sure they wouldn't hold a terry nappy together, though!