friday -  walked to work 4.5mile in 1hr 3mins

saturday -  40 mins fasted Am run 4.1miles

this week keep up with the 3 night runs alongside some cycling to work

• ParmosParmos ✭✭✭

yesterday

ran 2.8miles in 25mins

then

2.9mile cycle in 14mins

• image Looking good mate. Just to give you some mischiefious idea's have you throught about next year yet? If you wanted to up the anty there are some lovely marathons and stuff around your neck of the woods? image

• ParmosParmos ✭✭✭
    Cake wrote (see)

image Looking good mate. Just to give you some mischiefious idea's have you throught about next year yet? If you wanted to up the anty there are some lovely marathons and stuff around your neck of the woods? image

haha

nah 10k is my limit would like to keep the running lark up though for general fitness but i am going to hit the weights heavy again later in the year wanna hit some new PBs before i get my stomach hernia sorted

got that Strava app and there is an old school mate who does allsorts triathons, runs,cycles, he is bloody mental 60 mile one day then a 10+ mile run next day absolutely mental lmao

• image Yes these people are mental. Have you ever throught of doing a tri then? imageimage

• ParmosParmos ✭✭✭
    Cake wrote (see)

image Yes these people are mental. Have you ever throught of doing a tri then? imageimage

i have a few times there is a few local one's but i missed the last one working away, will have to keep a better eye out for them

• ParmosParmos ✭✭✭

went out on my hybrid bike last night did 16.5miles in around 1hr 30mins

• ParmosParmos ✭✭✭

last night

5min fast run 1min rest x 5
    Ended up 3.1miles in 26.52 mins

suffering with the shins at the moment the 1min rest in between was a killer to start off with again

• Blakey74 wrote (see)
    Cake wrote (see)

image Yes these people are mental. Have you ever throught of doing a tri then? imageimage

i have a few times there is a few local one's but i missed the last one working away, will have to keep a better eye out for them

You might find this useful mate I would be careful through if you read anything else on the website will be a slippy slope to madness. image Linky

• ParmosParmos ✭✭✭
    Cake wrote (see)
    Blakey74 wrote (see)
    Cake wrote (see)

You might find this useful mate I would be careful through if you read anything else on the website will be a slippy slope to madness. image Linky

cheers for that will have a little look later

looks like a lot involvement though tohught you could just roll up have a swim and a cycle and do a run image

• ParmosParmos ✭✭✭

friday

4.3miles in 43mins wanted to do 50mins but the weather and my shins got to me, i thought i was close enought to 50mins then stopped and realised it was only 43mins but was dying of thirst at that point

• ParmosParmos ✭✭✭

last night

2.5mile in 21mins was supposed to do 30mins fast but after a long weekend and lots of driving i was knackered

• ParmosParmos ✭✭✭

yesterday

Am ride to work (gentle stroll) 4miles 19mins

Pm ride back (fast) 4.1mins 16mins

• ParmosParmos ✭✭✭

last nights run

5mins fast run 1min rest x 6

3.5miles in 32mins

• ParmosParmos ✭✭✭

yesterday

AM ride to work 4.1miles 16mins

PM ride home and a detour 14.6miles 1hr 5mins

on hybrid

• rode in & out of work yesterday on the mountain bike 4 miles each way

• Hi Blakey74 

this might sound a bit harsh and I apologize  in advance.  But you have to decide what you want. If you want to build muscle  then running won't  help, but  if you want to run then you need to cut back on weight training and concentrate  on distance. Bulk although I do not believe this is for sprinters, although BOLT would not agree.  SO CHOSE !

• green dragon 1111 wrote (see)

Hi Blakey74 

this might sound a bit harsh and I apologize  in advance.  But you have to decide what you want. If you want to build muscle  then running won't  help, but  if you want to run then you need to cut back on weight training and concentrate  on distance. Bulk although I do not believe this is for sprinters, although BOLT would not agree.  SO CHOSE !

appreciate your comments pal

i love weight training so i am going to carry on weight training i am a decent standard for a natural guy (strength related not bodybuilding) but then i like most sports i mountain bike also and used to go to french alps every year etc

this running lark is all about getting a little bit fitter and raising some money for a local autsim charity, at the moment ive raised £1000 so cant grumble at that and ive got a lot fitter for it, i dont think i am cut out to be a runner for one i am too heavy lol weighing around 98-100kg at the moment, and two its boring much prefer my bikes or some kind of HIIT

thanks mate hope you call back in

• little run out last night

3.1miles in 29mins

• yesterday

rode into work 4.1 mile 19mins

rode back 7.5mile 27mins

• yesterday

litlte fast run out 2.8miles in 24mins

• yesterday

rode to work 4.1mile in 16mins

back from work 7.9miles in 27mins

hybrid bike

• Thursday 

2.1mile in 19mins 

friday 

went for a mixture of a deep tissue & hot &cold stone massage 

saturday 

maybe 2miles walking 

sunday (today)

middlesbrough 10k 

ran with a old mate who is a seasoned runner and tried to keep up with him at one point I said to him to push on but he was like NO I am staying with you lol so ended up doing it in 53.33 mins roughly 8.33miles really happy with this only wanted to beat my old pb of 58mins so quite a chunk of that not bad for someone weighing 97.3kg this Am 

goner have a rest now for a week then back hitting the weights but still,goner incorporate a run a week now because I feel I am at a half decent standard and don't want to lose it and I have got the survival of the fittest coming up in November also 

• 1st run out since last sundays 10k and bloody hell my shins hurt, i did some foam rolling and stretches before hand also

did 2.6mile in 25mins think i am goner just do this type of run weekly

• Well done on your 10kimage

• booktrunk wrote (see)

Well done on your 10kimage

thanks image

• little jog out last night did 2.7mile in 25mins and an absolute breeze of a run

1st run in over 2 weeks also so was very happy