How can I become a faster runner, quickly as possible?

I need to become a fster runner to make it on my volleyball team and i dont have much time (2 weeks). How can I make myself a faster runner as quickly as possible?

Comments

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Two weeks is too short a time span to improve by training.

Genetically you're already as fast as you can naturally be. However, there are some things that will work.

Because long muscles work better (contract faster) than short ones, you can spend time stretching and improving your flexibility. That's the main one.

Keeping hydrated is another. 

🙂

• There are no shortcuts.
  • Nope no shortcuts, sorry.

Do you really have to run that fast to play volleyball anyway?

• If you were that desperate to get on the team you should have been thinking about this months ago.
  • have you tried hopping with a 20p coin in your left hand.  About 5 mins a day of that and you will be faster.  Has to be a 20p coin though, dont shortcut the shortcut by using a 10p coin as it wont work.

• DeanR7 wrote (see)

have you tried hopping with a 20p coin in your left hand.  About 5 mins a day of that and you will be faster.  Has to be a 20p coin though, dont shortcut the shortcut by using a 10p coin as it wont work.

Ooh, you little tinker image

• What's the nature of the test ? Is there a set pace or do you ahve to beat other people in a race ? Is it a long course or a mad dash ?

Do you have much running experience ?

The main gains for early stage runners are psychological and neurological. Untrained people actuvate fewer muscle fibres when they try to run fast than those with a little experience. This stage of training does not require the physical adaptations that occur later on, so early stage runners can make rapid gains in the first couple of weeks.

If you do have running experience and are strong enough, then your best bet is to concentrate on runing above the required pace for short intervals.

For a race it is useful to be able to control adrenaline. To do this I imagine that the person in front has really annoyed me and that I need to overtake them to show them who's boss or shout at them or beat seven shades out of them depending how fast I want to go. If you're leading, imagine that the people behind are going to do the same to you, fear is a great stimulus.

Actually, hopping up a flight of steps is quite a handy training technique for explosive power, dunno about the currency though.

A couple of esspressos before the start could help too.

• Take amphetamines on the day.

speed makes you faster for sure. 

if that doesn't work- which it will. Try running every single day from now. Maybe, just maybe you might be faster than before you started.