Paris Marathon 2014

Comments

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I can't believe you forgot.. it's not like I do a lotimage If i've not dreamt it up - you and I will be having a rendevous in Dorking this sunday as well?

• Weedy - no worries mate, the English Half and the Warrington half are the same thing - I just wasn't going to turn up on Mondayimage

• Emmy H wrote (see)

I can't believe you forgot.. it's not like I do a lotimage If i've not dreamt it up - you and I will be having a rendevous in Dorking this sunday as well?

Oops, forgot to add my name. I see Yer Maj is going as well image

• Where am I going?  What??

• Doing the Bacchus fancy dress marathon with Emmy and I on Sunday.

• Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Doing the Bacchus fancy dress marathon with Emmy and I on Sunday.

Is that a euphemism?

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Doing the Bacchus fancy dress marathon with Emmy and I on Sunday.

Is that a euphemism?

Wait until you see our outfits image

• TD - you're looking for double entendres where there are none. I blame Maus' absence. Have a word with her, she'll probably give you one. A double entendre I mean.

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

After Emmy's request to help her choose an outfit I'm sure that many outfits were sold to Threaders although only 3 of you are running. Perhaps preparation for next year. I bet JB73 has ordered a nurse's one.

TD - you're looking for double entendres where there are none. I blame Maus' absence. Have a word with her, she'll probably give you one. A double entendre I mean.

Weedy, darling, TD's too busy running 30km in times faster than my half marathon (image). What double entendre could possibly compete with the adrenaline and endorphin rush of such physical exertion?

Maybe I need a costume? *wanders off to consult Emmy's list*. 

• The only place I will be on Sunday is my allotment.  Not in fancy dress....

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Marathon Maus wrote (see)

Maybe I need a costume? *wanders off to consult Emmy's list*. 

I can lend you mine after i'm done with it. I'm sure it'll have a thousand of "other" usesimage

• Ah, sorry Yer Maj, I thought you were doing it. Crossed wires somewhere...

Not sure anyone would want to borrow my costume after I'm done with it image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Not sure anyone would want to borrow my costume after I'm done with it image

Does yours wipe clean? You need to think practicallyimage

• Ah, mine's highly impractical on several fronts. On the plus side, it's a little bit raunchy, but comes at the cost of potential serious chafing issues. There will be lots of vaseline involved. And I might even have to carry a tub of it round with me for mid-race lubrication image

• Weedy: CC Baxter, Fran Kubelik

The Apartment. 1960.

Billy Wilder's finest.

Marvellous, desperately cynical but deeply satisfying.

See, I can do movies...

• Weedy - serious note. ITLR t-shirts for GNR? What pen are you in? Was thinking of dropping back and running/trying to keep up with RS (but seriously not sure if I could be bothered with all the people dodging - sorry RS...)

• Happy running all! I'm on my way to the airport to pick up my parents who arrive from Australia today. I haven't seen them since January! We have quite a lot to talk about. 

• Oops. Sorry for the double post. Apple product related refresh quirk!

• Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Weedy - serious note. ITLR t-shirts for GNR? What pen are you in? Was thinking of dropping back and running/trying to keep up with RS (but seriously not sure if I could be bothered with all the people dodging - sorry RS...)

BCRCs? Actually - GNR told me i can move up to Zone A if i show them my Shrewsbury result but i am thinking it would be more fun to line up with you guys a la BCRCs. I am currently in E - we could all drop back to F and hang with RS ..... you can still run a decent time from there ..... ???

• Really? Was thinking I'd be dodging most of the way. I'm bcrcing it on the top front. Am happy to be left to my own devices. You guys can save me a space at the pub.

• Point to Iain image

If RS is gong to be unsociable, thee, Jimbob and me could run round together. Am debating whether to go in the fancy dress outfit I've got. And once RS sees that, she may change her mind. I'll try it on Sunday and see what it's like to run in. The skirt's a bit short tho, so I might have to wear some short shorts on underneath. And the sash is quite cumbersome.

OO - you joining the party bus?

• RS, the pens go back quite far Zone F is sub2 so you'd be fine for that .... depending how i go at my race this sunday i may use GNR as an LSR/LR. Can't see myself going for two quickies in two weeks, not in my current condition ... (you never know tho') image

Got to try to get through a gentle run toomorrow before i focus on any races, its ice'sock'n'gel time for me again ....

Point to Iain image

If RS is gong to be unsociable, thee, Jimbob and me could run round together. Am debating whether to go in the fancy dress outfit I've got. And once RS sees that, she may change her mind. I'll try it on Sunday and see what it's like to run in. The skirt's a bit short tho, so I might have to wear some short shorts on underneath. And the sash is quite cumbersome.

OO - you joining the party bus?

We'll have to get him to wear the chewbacca outfit to slow 'im down! i'll go Darth Connell, no not expecting RS to don the Princess Leia look tho' - was thinking she could go as R2D2 ....

• Cheers jimbob. image I'm more storm trooper. Got the accent and all.

• The Jimbob wrote (see)

RS, the pens go back quite far Zone F is sub2 so you'd be fine for that .... depending how i go at my race this sunday i may use GNR as an LSR/LR. Can't see myself going for two quickies in two weeks, not in my current condition ... (you never know tho') image

Got to try to get through a gentle run toomorrow before i focus on any races, its ice'sock'n'gel time for me again ....

I'll wear the ITLR shirt - final bit of fundraising...

I'm happy to drop back to F - would be great if we're all just treating it as an LSR?

Iain

• Lascivious Sensual Recreation? LSR.... Might explain Weedy's outfit then. image

I mustered a rather pathetic 30mins in the gym this evening before a severe dose of CBA took hold of me and I went home. The lack of proper lunch and no dinner yet could have been a factor, but legs still pretty sore from yesterday's run.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    The Jimbob wrote (see)

...Can't see myself going for two quickies in two weeks, not in my current condition ... (you never know tho') image

I don't mind two quickies in a day personally...image

Tricky - It's not sounding like you're getting enough fuel at the moment. What are you actually eating? Don't make me get all mother hen on your ass and bring you food image

• Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

Lascivious Sensual Recreation? LSR.... Might explain Weedy's outfit then. image

I'm more Looking Slightly Reprehensible

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

Lascivious Sensual Recreation? LSR.... Might explain Weedy's outfit then. image

I'm more Looking Slightly Reprehensible

I thought it was: Looking slightly risqueimage