Advice on starting up again

Hi all,

So, I ran London in 2008 and loved it. i don't have a marathon runner's build, and so I was really chuffed to do it. A few half marathons and 10k's during training were great too, and I lost loads of weight.

Now I am sat at home having just become a dad, knackered, unfit and desperately in need of starting up again. And I've decided that next Monday is the day. 32 weeks until 13th April 2014, when I will try and run London again (if I get in).

I'm looking for some help with training plans. I'm pretty much starting from scratch again, but I can run a few miles at present ok. I like the look of the 16 week ultimate RW marathon plan for sub 4:30. But I need something for the first 16 weeks (i.e. now to late December). 

I have entered a half marathon on 27th October, but I don't think I have time to prepare well enough too run it. I have also entered a 10k in early November which I'll definitely do.

Can anyone give me any advice on what to follow for this first 16 weeks of my 32? I live in Scotland and according to the events calendar there are very few races between now and the end of the year, which is a shame as I really need some goals to work toward

Comments