Myofascial Release

Anybody had this done? Does it work? What is it? lol

Have an Ultra this Saturday and having problem with my big toe ligament (I think thats what it is) and somebody has offered Myofascial Realease for FREE! She is a trained sports therapist. I know I have nothing to lose but was just curious as I am trying not to get too excited about the prospect that it may work image

Comments

• It is basically a deep and generally painful massage that releases tension, tightness and pain in muscles.

My physio has done it to me a couple of times and it has relieved pain I had for months before. That said It is particularly for muscle pain as far as I'm aware.

However if you can do it in the next day or so, it should have you nice and loosened up for Saturday. I wouldn't do it any later than Tuesday though. Leaves me a bit bruised and sore!

• Interesting. I thought it was to do with muscles but I wont judge because our bodies are strange old things and just because my toe hurts doesn't mean thats where the problem is and all that image Glad to hear you say do it now rather than later I was thinking about Thursday night instead but after what you said i'll keep the appointment for tomorrow image Also good to hear it hurts, can't wait now image

• myofascial release  - something you may not have realised you are doing if you use a foam roller. There are many techniques to achieve the release

• Also-ran yes I do use foam roller and thats what came up in my searches online. Just been seen by my lovely healing lady and its worked. I cannot believe its worked but it has! She is a sports therapist apparantly a different thing to a Physio image But she looked at my mechanics etc and it was a problem in my lower back effecting my toe lol So she worked her magic on my back and I can genuinely run without pain now. Really good stuff image

• Good resultimage everything about the body remains a mystery to me!

• Wow, sounds like she really knows her stuff!

Sure she could get plenty of customers if she is that good!

Good luck with the Ultra. How far is it? I'm planning my first for next year a 69 miler!!

• 56 miles. First time over 30. Yeah I was quite surprised we managed to get something sorted. I'm not one for faffing about with stuff like this but it really has helped image Perhaps 40 miles in on saturday it might come back image

• Yeah feeling good and happy to crack on Saturday without any worries. Was quite impressed to be fair and will be something I would consider again with future problems. Like I said I never really bought into all this witch craft but now I am pretty much sold on it image