Yesterdays lyrics: Love Is A Stranger by Eurythmics

What:4.5M Steady, dark and coldish.

Why: Just used to it

Back after catching up

Comments

• morning all,
    uber depressing now that its still dark when I leave for work
    lyric seem familiar
    Blisters - awesome and inspiring stuff, but no, I shall not swim or cycle. However Mo and Murray had better watch out, SPoTY could be closer to home...
    what - club night, so speedwork
    why - I need it
    last rest - Sunday
    last hard - Saturday

super day everyone

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

Well done Blisters, RFJ, Don, Postie and anyone else I forgot, a great weekend's racing.

Back from the UK safely, parkrun completed on Saturday morning.  Another sub 25, so very happy with that.  Then the Baccus half on Sunday.  As I thought, a personal worst by almost an hour.  That said, I wanted to run with my friends and enjoy it, and there was no way they could have gone any faster (I think I did it in 3:08!).  It may be been a PW, but I did manage to drink the most wine I have ever drunk whilst running image

Definitely a run to do, but not a race.  Dustin, if you do it next year, take the time to enjoy it as the course isn't a pb course anyway as it's quite hilly, but the wine and food at the stations is great, as is the fancy dress image

Drive back last night took forever due to Belgians driving badly, so didn't get back till past 10.  Then up for an hour's drive to work at 6 this morning!  This week (Mon-Fri) I will clock at least 20 hours of car time.

What: short run at lunch (if I don't get washed away), followed by gym if I'm home in time for the class
    Why: still have that marathon to train for
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: yesterday, though driving isn't exactly easy.
    Lyrics: nope

Glad you got to Holland ok LMH, should have waved as I drove past!  Welcome back Chicka image

Have a good one all.

• Blisters - Mr Iron. Respect is due, but its a way I still wont be going anytime too soon. A half next year will do - I suppose I'll be a Tin Man.

2.4k swam this AM. I'll have an hour on the Turbo later. Strength will start next week.

Ran 6.5 miles last night too!!

LMH - If you are looking in I hope preps for the weekend going good!

• Morning!

Blisters: well toughed out...and far too tough for me!
    Emzap: glad you enjoyed your weekend. A race for me to consider!

What: unsure
    Why: calf niggle on the "good" leg. It is one of those "do I/don't I" situations.

Lyrics: no

Beautiful autumnal morning here...with frost being suggested overnight!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Great report Blisters, felt the pain

alehouse wrote (see)

Must be a very long report from Blisters: so long he is still working on it.

Did wonder if you've used that expression once or twice before, Alehouse (in your professional role) image

Well done on your extended pub crawl (half marathon) emzap  image

What: more kayaking (brief as sunset creeping back now
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: LSR yesterday
    Lyrics no

(S)WotD drookit

• Crikey, Blisters - you did the full IM distance imageimage  Respect!! 2 of the sub 3:30 posse did the HIM option at Henley - Dubai Dave was one of them.

Emzap: that Bacchus race sounds like my cup of tea. A bit like the Marathon du Medoc, something I really want to do one day image. Oh yes, them Belgians and their rubbish driving ...  not sure if it's still the case but they used to just apply for drivers licenses without having to take lessons or do a test. That explains a lot ....
    I don't miss going back and forth between Germany and the UK one bit. That slog through Belgium always did me in. What a depressing country image

ale: hope you chose the right option. I failed - I ran this morning when I better hadn't image. Been feeling a bit under the weather since we came back, resting HR is up, throat is sore, asthma is getting non me nerves image. I ran but it was an almighty struggle. And now my right hip hurts image

what: 9 slow and painful miles
    why: something is wrong
    last hard: today
    last rest: yesterday
    lyrics: I think so

• Evening

Blisters - Bravo Iron man image Good going  hope you are having a well deserved rest

emzap sounds you had a good run

What: 2.34 miles
    Why: its a  habit
    Last hard first mile well first half uphill
    Lyrics no

• Have had no internet connection for almost 24 hours - cold turkey! Glad I was able to find out that Blisters had finished safely before the communication breakdown.

Great report Blisters. How are you feeling now?

Paddy - you could step up whenever you want to with the training you do.

Take care chickadee.

It's wet here. I mean W.E.T. Hoping it dries and warms up for Saturday!

What:                  30 minute easy run
    Why:                    taper
    Last hard:            keeping it easy/not eating too much
    Last rest:             5/9

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • LM.H see SWotD! image

No kayaking tonight - only 2 of us urned up and with an just an hour of paddling time before nightfall we decided to pass. Winter is coming ...image

• Hi gang.

Winter arrived on Saturday. One of the crew reckoned it was a toasty 5 degrees bankside, and 16 in the water. Of course it rained a bit Monday too, so packing up the tent was a barrel of laughs. It's still hanging up to dry, and I'm slowly working through my kit.

Photos are up www.marathon-photos.com

but it seems that I can't post a direct link from them. Challenge Henley, bib 198.

How am I? Nothing more than whinjuries.
    -Left knee was sore on the "run", hence the quantity of walking. Fine now.
    -Quads were fine on the run, fine the day after, a bit achy now. DOMS.
    -Voice box sounds like I've been at a rave weekend, not a race. Too much shouting YAAAR at anyone and everyone.

I got home from work early, and really fancied a 5 mile run. Having just driven for over an hour, it wasn't until I had to peel the legs out of the footwell that I realised it wasn't happening.

LMH: good luck for Almere, I'm sure that you are going to show me how it's done. Racing in a coat hadn't even been in my mind when packing. You live and learn.

• Evening!

Good to see you can't manage a run, Blisters! image

What: despite a little apprehension about the niggly calf, I ran for 50 mins, albeit slowly and cautiously. The longest for 23 and a half months. 8.5k at least.
    Why: risk taking...hope that it doesn't bite me on the backside in the next few days. Was aware of the calf on the second half, but a couple of pints has probably sorted it out.

Good to see some consistency, Pammie...it works wonders, as I am finding out (hopefully!).

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Well done again Blisters, fab stuff, but shal leave the Tri / IM etc stuuf to those that can, which aint me.....

What - 5.25m Tempo
    Why - Pushing the pace a tad ave 6:57 and that was with a 1st mile 7:40....
    Last hard - Tonight
    Last Rest - Yesterday

Take care

• Enjoyed the photos, IronmanPirateBlisters.

• Well done Blisters, mightily impressive.

Just 4 miles am and 3 miles pm for me today.   Nice and easy image

Lyrics no.

• Evening

WELL DONE BLISTERS

(Loud enough?)

What 10 commute
    Why Life goes on post HM
    Lyrics No