decent trainers - help?

13»

Comments

• Choose the Right Shoes

Look around any crowded city street, and you'll see plenty of footwear— from stiletto heels to platform shoes— that is more than a little unkind to our feet. It's no wonder that foot pain is such a common complaint. But it's not just our feet that are hurting. Improper footwear places strain on the knees, hips and back. According to Karen Achtermann, DC, your feet serve three purposes: support, locomotion and shock absorption. So, support your body by following these guidelines for proper footwear.

Leave the High-Heels Behind

Women, listen up: The higher the heel on your shoe, the greater the amount of stress placed on your forefoot. High-heeled shoes can contribute to the collapse of one or more of the foot's three arches. These shoes also place undue stress on the ankle, which can lead to ankle instability and sprains. Plus, when you wear high-heels your calf muscles shorten, warns Achtermann. Then, if you alternate between high heels and flat shoes, your calf muscles go through a shorten/lengthen cycle that can lead to pelvic imbalances and low back pain.

Consider Orthotics

Many chiropractors recommend orthotics. There are two kinds of orthotics: the simple, commercially-made insoles that are available at outdoor sports or shoe stores, and custom orthotics. Custom orthotics are superior since they are tailored to your individual foot and are designed to correct for your particular imbalances. These are created by making an impression of each foot called a cast, and then correcting for specific misalignments. According to Achtermann, custom orthotics help to prevent dysfunction of the lower body and legs, and decrease spinal stress.

Dr.Paul Zemella
    Zemella Chiropractic - Santa Barbara Chiropractor
    3022 State St. Suite B
    Santa Barbara, CA 93105

• You can buy these so beautiful shoes.For example:top runnning sneaker And there are so cheap!
  • You can buy these so beautiful shoes.For example:best running shoes ,cheap running shoes ,running shoes on sale,top runnning sneaker .And there are so cheap!
  • You can buy these so beautiful shoes.http://www.toprunningsneaker.com
    And there are so cheap!
  • Help! I started running a few months ago and stopped because of intense pain in knees and shins. I  really want to get back into it, and have a treadmill (winter weather!) but don't know what shoes to get. I overpronate and have been wearing custom orthotics for years, so, do I need neutral shoes for the orthotics or stabilising shoes for the overpronation? Help!

• Biblio, I'd start a new thread asking for advice - I think the spam has killed this one.

• Thanks for sharing! My wife have "high arched" feet so know about the complications it may give. A good shoe is certainly the the same for everyone, and a used shoe if often better than a new.

used computers

Morten // Denmark

• flat feet are not a problem! just make sureyou do the 3 test with potential running shoes. read more here: http://happyrunningfeet.com/the-best-running-shoes-for-flat-feet-3-critical-tests/

• I agree with everyone, never change to new shoes the day before a race.. I love shoes and I collected many type shoes for every occasions. I always buy mine in Rosenberg Shoes Australia because it provides me with big sized shoes and so far most of them are comfortable.