Nick Clegg

Could he be any more desparate to hang onto power !!!

He will do a deal with the Conservatives he will do a deal with Labour, in fact he will do a deal with anyone who allows him to stay in power.  Needless to say I hope one of the main parties get enough votes to send him back under his rock.

And whilst were at it will Alex Salmond FU** off if he loses his stupid vote next year  Anyone else think of the Krankies when Salmond and his deputy appear on TV !! 

Comments

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Aren't all politicians desperate to hold onto power?  If he does a deal with the conservatives or labour then he has some influence, otherwise he's on the outside just moaning...  In the absence of a majority vote someone has to do a deal.  Oh, really funny that a you obviously don't count the Lib Dems as one of the main parties image

• TD

Your right I dont count the LIb Dems as a main party  (they are the 3rd party and will remain so for a long time to come) they got lucky this time round Will it happen again I hope not !

• I Do, Wish, Nick.... Clegg, Didn't talk....In Punctuation 

• I just wish Nick Clegg didn't talk.

• i used to think the lib dems were a credible third party and hoped they would get stronger.......but after the deal with the Tories where they basically gave in over everything they stood for......I have no respect for them at all.they just become the tory whipping boys

• Muttley Jnr went to uni in the first year of the new higher tuition fees.

He cannot hear the words Liberal Democrat or Nick Clegg without spitting.

• I think him and  Danny alexander  are coming across as a pair of  saddos who are so in love with power that they will say whatever it needs and will do whatever it takes to keep hold of their little bit of power.

They have sold the Lib Dems down the river and are the best reason never to have a  coalition again  

However I do hope that UKIP get the most votes without a majority just to see how creepy Clegg will become

• Any choice with Clegg  Now that is scary  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• To be honest, they're pretty much all the same aren't they? They'll say or do whatever it is that keeps them at the trough. How many MPs, from any party, have had a proper job? It's mostly PPE from Oxbridge. I get fed up of listening to Labour banging on about class warfare (they're mostly from top universities and wealthy in theor own right) bankers etc, the thought of Milliband and Balls in charge fills me with dread. And to be fair Cameron and Clegg don't offer anything signifcantly different. They all seem to be gripped by the fear of being wrong or of saying somehting deemed to be offensive to somebody somewhere.

If I had a quid for every time a politician of any party failed to answer a question on the Today programme and just spouted nonsense or useless stats I'd be able to buy a very good bike. Occasionaly you get somebody who speaks as they see it without too much party political spin and I like that. Jack Straw standing up for Andrew Mitchell saying sort it out one way or the other makes me respect him

Like it or not, thirty years ago you know where you stood, Labour was (almost) communist, Tory was capitalist and Lib Dem, Libs, SDP etc were wishy washy beaded sandal wearers.

Vote for me, I'll make things like driving a BMW X5 with a number plate starting X5 illegal, have a number plate starting with B16 illegal, ban slow people in Tesco, middle lane hoggers will be instantly banned. You know it makes sense.

• Politicians of all political parties are doing the job for one reason and one reason alone, they don't have the ability to earn those sorts of salaries, get hose sorts of holidays anywhere else - they all have their noses in trough - Growing up, our local councellor was brilliant was always coming round to discuss issues - seemed a genuine bloke. As soon as he got into central government different story he was claiming more expenses than most - he even was even claiming for a central london flat depsite being an MP for Romford - probably not more than 15 miles as the crow flies (When I lived there I used to run from Piccadilly to Romford after work) why being a local guy did he need a central london home - he could have just got the milk train out of Liverpool Street like we used to on a Fridy or Saturday night - Wasters the lot of them!!! (can we start a thread on Catholic Priests too?)

• "Like it or not, thirty years ago you know where you stood, Labour was (almost) communist, Tory was capitalist and Lib Dem, Libs, SDP etc were wishy washy beaded sandal wearers."

Laughing out loud at this comment, but agree with it also.

I don't know who to bother voting for as they are all a bunch of lying thieving shysters and not one of them deserves to even get my vote.  Wish there was a party who could actually prove me wrong.  Is the monster raving looney party still going????? image

• http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/9/17/1379377544234/170913-Steve-Bell-on-Lib--001.jpg

I think it's a bit unfair to complain that the Lib Dems want to be in government, how else do you get your policies enacted?

On a related note, does anyone know what Ed Miliband stands for? I haven't got a clue.

• GraemeK wrote (see)

Vote for me, I'll make things like driving a BMW X5 with a number plate starting X5 illegal, have a number plate starting with B16 illegal, ban slow people in Tesco, middle lane hoggers will be instantly banned. You know it makes sense.

If you can add banning people who stop just as they pass through an exit or at the top/bottom of a flight of stairs to the list then yes, I'll vote for you!

• Nick Clegg...........No!

• Tom77 wrote (see)

On a related note, does anyone know what Ed Miliband stands for? I haven't got a clue.

E normous
    D ickhead

M awkishly
    I ntroducing
    L imp
    I deas
    B anality
    A nd
    N onsensical
    D iscord

As for old Cleggy - I've not a lot of time for him either. Or Cameron come to that. 

The one thing I would say is that a long way out from the last election I said that probably the least worst option for the country would be a Tory led coalition to get a grip of the public purse with the Lib Dems alongside them to temper the worst of their right wing excesses.

We're still in the shit, but only up to our waists in it rather than up to our necks as I've little doubt we would have been with any of the other available options / permutations.

• Nick Windsor 4 wrote (see)

The salary for MPs is not actually that high (I wouldn't do it) which may be the reason for the poor quality of the people we have. 

Yes their pay should be on a par with bankers.   

• image Sorry for getting to the party late on this one but Nick might have a serious problem getting back in as a mp next time round speaking as someone who used to live in his constituatsy. All the labour vote's in his area of sheffield alway vote Lib dem and many of the lib dem's are ex labour. There is a big conservative voting block around there. After the colalition and also the student fee's changes (both uni's are in that area of sheffield) plus the cancelling of the forgemaster's loan when they came in it might be very close for the votes. Nick might very well be the Portilo moment of the next general election regardless of who win's.

Personally I'm going to be in front of the telly with popcorn and a can or two come 2015. It's going to be a car crash.image

• Looking at the results from recent elections I'd say Nick Clegg losing his seat was very unlikely*. You'd need a swing from Lib Dem to Labour of over 18%, it's also pretty rare for parties to go from 3rd to 1st in a General Election.

* wonder what odds you can get on it from a bookie

• I think he needs to get some new ties - it looks as if he's been wearing the same two since before the last election. 

My OH has more than him and he doesn't even wear one for work image

• Miliband is stuffed. He was appointed rather than democratically chosen.

• For all the coalition shortcomings, the Lib Dems did at least push for the substantial rise in the amount you can earn before paying income tax.  Has to be a good thing in many respects?

• image True but only useful to us in the middle and by far those at the bottom and struggling are getting shafted?