iphone 5s

Really, what is all the fuss about the iphone 5s? I've downgraded from a Blackberry on contract, to a Nokia 100 on pay as you go. A phone is for texts and phone calls. If people want to use the internet they can use a pc. Surely nothing is so important online that it has to be done in the middle of the high street.

I think it's so rude when people chat out loud on their modbile whilst in public, or when you're having a converstation with someone and all of a sudden they break away from it to look at a Facebook update.

The only assumption that I can make is that Apple have brainwashed a lot of people in to thinking that they need this piece of technology. It's what used to be called keeping up with the Jones's, which meant spending money that you didn't have, on things that you didn't need, to impress people that you didn't like.

I'll stick with my £9 pay as you go phone thanks. image

Comments

• How else can I check the runners world forum whilst driving down the M3 at 90mph!
  • I use the internet allll the time. Most of the time I'm not at a pc.

I hardly ever use it to actually speak to someone ! image

That said - I'm still on the Iphone4. It tracks all my runs and bikes using GPS. Takes nice pictures. Lets me play music. Counts my calories when I'm losing weight. Tells me the weather. Gets me from a to z when I'm lost walking, running, cycling. I can order my tesco shopping from it. I'd be lost without it.

As far as I can see - the new iphone doesnt really offer me much more than I have at the moment - so I'm sticking with this. Its only about ??15 a month anyway now.
  • It doesn't bother me as long as people who get one aren't too bigheaded about it.

• Do you know how old that makes you sound rickster?

technology like everything in life evolves and gets better, what's so bad with that? 

• I just love the fact people are bigging up the complete gimmick that is your fingerprint sensor.

1) Its already been broken after just 2 days by a group of German hackers.

2) Do we get royalties from the NSA for supplying our fingerprints for free to them?

• cougie wrote (see)

Counts my calories when I'm losing weight.
    Mine counts my calories when I'm gaining weight too.

• I haven't got one

• Mouse you want the upgrade that slaps that pizza slice out of your hand. It's brilliant.
  • I think it depends whether you are one of these people who think you need to have internet access 24/7 .

I think there comes point where, if you aren't careful, technology controls you rather than vice versa and that it's not a good thing. You have to learn when to switch off (iterally and figuratively).

• Millsy1977 wrote (see)
    How else can I check the runners world forum whilst driving down the M3 at 90mph!

Screamapillar wrote (see)

I think it depends whether you are one of these people who think you need to have internet access 24/7 .

I think there comes point where, if you aren't careful, technology controls you rather than vice versa and that it's not a good thing. You have to learn when to switch off (iterally and figuratively).

So true. On the Sky News website the other day there was a story about an American who had queued up for 2 weeks outside an Apple store, just to be the first person to gets his hands on a new iphone.

• That news item prooves that it is true that Millsy was driving down the M3 at 90mph checking RW?? Maybe I just haven't got the cranium capacity to understand how that can be?

• I was in Starbucks the other day, waiting for my family to come with the drinks.  People watching, most of them (youngsters especially) were on their phones most of the time.  A group of 3 girls hammered away on their phones, just muttering the odd word to each other.

This is really bad.  Have the bloody phone, just don't let this happen to you.  Sensible rule- when you're with other people, keep the phone in your bag/ pocket.

• BTW, I have an iphone 4.  I go on the internet and get emails, etc.  Time and place.